+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Harris doing a good job?

Is Harris doing a good job?

2 league tables. First pre-Harris, second since his appointment.

pre warnock.jpg

post warnock.jpg

Re: Is Harris doing a good job?

Yes.

Things are starting to turn. He seems to know what he wants from the players at his disposal a bit better now and there are signs of a system of play being introduced. It's more controlled than it was under Warnock although there are some similarities. Harris isn't as dismissive as Warnock was in terms of tactics and how he uses players. Warnock was about getting the ball i the opposition half at any cost and his midfielders weren't really in the game to play or create, they were defenders under him first and foremost and their function was to spoil and give the ball to very isolated wide players. That isn't the case under Harris as he does look to the midfield to control the game a bit better than Warnock and wide players are given the support they need at the right times.

It does look like it's about playing on the break with Harris but in fairness he allows fullbacks to get forward as we saw with the sanderson delivery, that wouldn't have happened under warnock, so maybe that's a sign of why Peltier was shifted.

As long as i can see some method (which in starting to) then i'm supportive of Harris and i do think that he's doing a good job. Under Warnock there wasn't much thought or method, we'd make teams submit, but with that style of play it doesn't last, there's no longevity in terms of progress and development, that's why i was critical of warnock even when we were winning promotion. No way was that kind of football sustainable or even honest in my opinion. Harris seems to be getting the balance right.

The stats provide the answer
    Over these last two matches our Defence has been stronger albeit I think fair to say with better finishing both Leeds and Preston could have scored a few.
    Our midfield has been better.
    Our goals have been opportunistic. As an attacking threat we still have a long way to go.
    Good to see better possession today and less passing errors, but still too many in dangerous positions.

I think its hard to say he isnt doing a good job. Im still not sure he was the right appointment but he is certainly doing well and we are looking bright atm.