+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Park Life - Rhondda Football Book

Park Life - Rhondda Football Book

I am a lifelong Bluebird, long time reader of this board and chuffed with 3 points today! This is a shameless plug for a book i have written about grassroots football, community and post match pub culture in the Rhondda. It is called ‘Park Life’ four seasons of Rhondda football.
    The foreword is written by fellow Rhondda boy Nathan Jones whose Luton Town team bear Swansea today.
    You might enjoy it and relate to it, especially if you have ever played amateur football ....
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Life-S...V515G1V48QWPKS

Re: Park Life - Rhondda Football Book

Good luck with the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    I am a lifelong Bluebird, long time reader of this board and chuffed with 3 points today! This is a shameless plug for a book i have written about grassroots football, community and post match pub culture in the Rhondda. It is called ‘Park Life’ four seasons of Rhondda football.
    The foreword is written by fellow Rhondda boy Nathan Jones whose Luton Town team bear Swansea today.
    You might enjoy it and relate to it, especially if you have ever played amateur football ....
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Life-S...V515G1V48QWPKS

Thank you. Any support from fellow Bluebirds is really appreciated

Sludge is going to go mental when he sees a plug for a book about a local Conservative Club.

Seriously good luck. I ll get a copy.

Playing with a serious hangover was no fun.

Agreed playing with a hangover is never fun.

Thank you in advance if you get a copy, I really hope you enjoy it

In relation to it being a con club, the book describes the irony of a con club in the Rhondda Valley and if you ever go there you would see what I mean

Massive three points today

Just in case you have too many books on your shelf, ‘Park Life four seasons of Rhondda football’ is now available on the kindle

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Life-S...2108827M5YQZFA

As a recent review states “you wont need to be a football fan or lover of beer and music to enjoy this book - but it'll certainly help.”

Sincere thank you to any Bluebirds that have supported the book, it is appreciated ⚽️

Any book about grassroots football deserves a plug , will share with folk, well done .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Any book about grassroots football deserves a plug , will share with folk, well done .
    Thank you very much, it was not an easy journey to get it published.
    Lots of publishers adhere to the misconception that South Wales is all rugby and not football.
    I really appreciate your help sharing, it is appreciated ⚽️

Nothing about Blur in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nothing about Blur in there?
    Like Blur and saw them together with Jesus and Mary chain, my bloody valentine and dinosaur jr at the ice rink as part of the rollercoaster tour in 1992 ....but they are not mentioned specifically in the book.

Signed copies of Park Life are now available from the excellent ‘Spirit of 58’ Wales football shop in sunny Bala in case anyone is interested. Thanks to Tim at ‘Spirit of 58’ for his support.

Apologies for another plug but Park Life is now available in Cardiff (and Abergavenny) Waterstones ....... if anyone still goes shopping

Good luck with your book mate

So many decent loyal bluebirds from cwmparc , Treorchy etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Good luck with your book mate

So many decent loyal bluebirds from cwmparc , Treorchy etc
    Thank you Sludge, much appreciated. Agreed always been lots of loyal Bluebirds in the Rhondda