+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we better without our support

Are we better without our support

Cardiff's home support has really pissed me off the last few years. We seem to be really bad at supporting the team and much more likely to get on our own players backs.

I remember Morrison and Peltier getting horrid abuse from a group around me during our PROMOTION season, and couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Large sections of the crowd Boo at the halftime whistle if it is 0-0 in an evenly matched game.

the crowd Boo's if one our players plays the ball back to our goalkeeper while under pressure for being 'negative', but if they kick it down the line also get boo's for 'hoofball'

I dare mention that half the stadium jeered whitts in the premier league.

From where I stand in the stadium, on balance I find our support often more toxic then supportive, if I was a footballer at Cardiff I think I would prefer the current no fan set up.

Thankfully I travel away with Cardiff and our away crowd is fantastic and what keeps me in love with our club.

Re: Are we better without our support

i dont think so really, our home form had always been decent although i agree our support is "erratic". Away we have good support but struggle away.

i think lack of other teams home support will have an effect. i felt it benefited us today.

Lots of fans go to games to have a moan, and shout a bit of abuse. They probably aren't allowed to say much in their own hones. 😁

no lol what sort of a question is this. we have lost twice at home this season and last year we had a decent home record all things considered.

I don't remember the crowd jeering Whitts in the Prem, maybe you're right but you have got to remember we attracted thousands of new 'fans' that year. During his last game against Newcastle there wasn't a single person sat near me that wasn't on their feet clapping him off.

You're conflating a few impatient fans booing with the entire fanbase being negative and that's not right. We aren't unique in that regard, plenty of games I've gone to as a neutral you have the odd group being negative when a player makes a mistake etc, you'll get that when you have thousands of people in a stadium.

Our form has been good since Harris has come in, the last two games are a reflection of us carrying on from where we left off

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Lots of fans go to games to have a moan, and shout a bit of abuse. They probably aren't allowed to say much in their own hones. ��
    I remember last season the guy behind me did nothing but moan about Camarasa. You would think he was the worse player ever, referred to him every now and then as the spanish waiter. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    no lol what sort of a question is this. we have lost twice at home this season and last year we had a decent home record all things considered.

I don't remember the crowd jeering Whitts in the Prem, maybe you're right but you have got to remember we attracted thousands of new 'fans' that year. During his last game against Newcastle there wasn't a single person sat near me that wasn't on their feet clapping him off.

You're conflating a few impatient fans booing with the entire fanbase being negative and that's not right. We aren't unique in that regard, plenty of games I've gone to as a neutral you have the odd group being negative when a player makes a mistake etc, you'll get that when you have thousands of people in a stadium.

Our form has been good since Harris has come in, the last two games are a reflection of us carrying on from where we left off
    Regarding the Whitts point, Bellamy came out later and criticised the crowd, he won lots of respect from me for that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQO0voslZAA

I'd say the support during the promotion season and 95% of the season in the premiership was really good, even when we were struggling in the prem the fans always stayed behind the team. This season it feels like as a whole the fanbase have been far quicker to get on the team's backs

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd say the support during the promotion season and 95% of the season in the premiership was really good, even when we were struggling in the prem the fans always stayed behind the team. This season it feels like as a whole the fanbase have been far quicker to get on the team's backs
    expectations.
    The idea was if we went down we were ready to push back up. sadly we spent and sold poorly and probably when Warnock should have been replaced.

Just about the worst post excluding all the recent covid/ political post ive read.

Complete and utter crap.

6 points against 2 teams in the top 6 and we get this shit.

All feckin clubs have support who moan FFS. Was the op at our robbery when Chelsea fans sang we are feckin shit for large periods of the 2nd half. The Jacks were singing at their own players thats why we are going down when they were being relegated.

Try reading the Preston forum today.

Toxic!!!???

Embarrassing post.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Regarding the Whitts point, Bellamy came out later and criticised the crowd, he won lots of respect from me for that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQO0voslZAA
    Fair enough, but even Bellamy said he's never heard our fans like that, it was definitely an outlier. Your post is far more negative than anything you're claiming to hear at the CCS, why would our home form be so good if our fans were always on the backs of players? And why would our away form be average despite how good our fans are away? Makes no sense. Like I said we've been in excellent form since Harris' appointment

The home support is fine these days - if you wanted to hear a critical Cardiff crowd go back thirty or forty years or to our two seasons in the third tier under Sam Hammam nearly twenty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The home support is fine these days - if you wanted to hear a critical Cardiff crowd go back thirty or forty years or to our two seasons in the third tier under Sam Hammam nearly twenty years ago.
    A few people booing will always sound worse than the same amount applauding or merely watching. It creates the wrong impression of the general opinion at the ground.

I like it that the piped in crowd noise had no anti Swansea or anti England chants, given that they’re my two biggest gripes.

I think in some situations the fans being absent will aid a team, in others you could do with the atmosphere and energy.

Probably same for all clubs.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think in some situations the fans being absent will aid a team, in others you could do with the atmosphere and energy.

Probably same for all clubs.
    you're on a no loser with that statement aren't you? Or are you/ lmao

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    you're on a no loser with that statement aren't you? Or are you/ lmao

NO CROWDS, GET MURPHY BACK QUICK,NO ONE TO GET ONE HIS BACK....

Our home support has been pretty lethargic all season. I don't sit anywhere near the pitch and I was able to hear the players shouting at each other during some matches.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Our home support has been pretty lethargic all season. I don't sit anywhere near the pitch and I was able to hear the players shouting at each other during some matches.
    To be fair to our support I think the players have been shouting particularly loud this season

As long as they don’t pipe in Three Little Birds we’ll be alright

No.

I'll say one thing, we're definitely not worse without it

Hmmmmm let me think :::::::::::::::::::::::NO

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    As long as they don’t pipe in Three Little Birds we’ll be alright
    And that fecking drummer

If we win every game and go up, maybe we should hope it continues into next season, we could be champions league by the time they let fans back in.....