Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
Surprised you never did it Matt, it was like a week long rave....used to go up on the Monday pm and leave the following one. My body couldn’t take that sort of abuse anymore. I’m just glad I survived some of the ridiculous stuff that went on. One year a normal looking dude with his misses camped right next to about 50 of us, he basically supplied us with E’s the whole time, god knows how many he had on him....Some nights no sleep at all up in the stone circle, random gigs at 4am in a tent in a field I’m not sure where it was even (massive attack and toots and Maytals), pear cider at the world music stage saw a young Amy winehouse there, so many DJs in the glade which was our general base during the week there. Finding my car after 7 days of fear and loathing was a mission, in 2002 I gave up trying to find it....
Its funny, none of use fancied it, smelly hippies everywhere covered in mud and unwashed for the week, a 3 mile hike to the tent, our clobber getting covered in mud, smelly hippies everywhere, I have issues with portaloo's, i hate them ( at reading festival, we camped a few years, then just stayed in hotels, the Madejski or the hilton were good , even when camping at reading i would have to walk into town ( sometimes very fast ) to find a pub for breakfast and use the bogs ) oh and did i mention smelly unwashed hippies

though looking back and reading stories, i guess we missed a party hindsight and all that