+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mitrovich's elbow?

Mitrovich's elbow?

On White against Leeds, definitely deliberate, surely would have been a red if ref had seen it. Will he be cited? He didn't have a good game but if he is given a ban it's likely to affect Fulham's promotion challenge.

Re: Mitrovich's elbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    On White against Leeds, definitely deliberate, surely would have been a red if ref had seen it. Will he be cited? He didn't have a good game but if he is given a ban it's likely to affect Fulham's promotion challenge.
    He certainly should be cited - strange game that one in that that was as well as I've seen Fulham play in some regards this season, but, although this will probably come back to haunt me, I wouldn't mind facing them if we make it to the Play Offs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He certainly should be cited - strange game that one in that that was as well as I've seen Fulham play in some regards this season, but, although this will probably come back to haunt me, I wouldn't mind facing them if we make it to the Play Offs.
    We could overtake them.

I'd fancy them and Brentford in the play offs mind, as crazy as it sounds.

Definitely a red card event. The bloke seems to be a bit of a thug (listening to the comments on Sky from people who had worked alongside him) who just happens to be good at football, although on the evidence of yesterday the latter is debatable. So not sure if a retrospective ban would actually have any effect on Fulham's promotion challenge!
    Last edited by Gofer Blue; 28-06-20 at 11:36. Reason: Corrected a typo

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What is this crazy talk?

Prior to kicking off against Leeds I was convinced we'd lose these two games and be out of the race. Now we are one of the favourites to make it. After Charlton on Tuesday we face four teams all aiming for a play off place. Bristol City, Blackburn, Fulham and Derby. It's very much in our own hands at the moment.

Looks quite blatant. If he does get a three game ban he will return for our match.

Gofer, the gentleman who was talking about Mitrovic was Steve McLaren. Thought he talked a load of bollocks all through the game. I think he may be living an alternative world where he was a good football manager.

Gofer, the gentleman who was talking about Mitrovic was Steve McLaren. Thought he talked a load of bollocks all through the game. I think he may be living an alternative world where he was a good football manager.
    I realise it was McClaren and yes, he wasn't the world's greatest football manager but I don't think that would influence his observation of Mitrovich's behaviour. If the lad was sent off twice in just 5 games, then I think you might be a bit suspicious?

This was part of a report on the Sky commentary (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ren-18500672):

McClaren, who signed the Serbian for Newcastle in 2015, said: "That's how he is, that's what he was like as a kid when we signed him for Newcastle. He's so aggressive, he bullies you.

"That's what he did. The first five games he played, I think he got sent off twice for us. He has to calm down, he has to control his emotions and play the game."

Sky Sports commentator Andy Hinchcliffe was adamant Mitrovic should have been shown a red card.

McLaren was eulogising about Leeds' fitness levels during the game but I thought Fulham were poor in the second half. In the game against City, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink stated that our fitness levels put Leeds to shame.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    McLaren was eulogising about Leeds' fitness levels during the game but I thought Fulham were poor in the second half. In the game against City, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink stated that our fitness levels put Leeds to shame.

StT.
    <><
    I also thought Fulham were poor. I don't think we should worry too much our upcoming game against them, either with or without Mitrovic in the side (preferably the former, as he doesn't look too clever and may get frustrated enough to get himself sent off).