Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
I’m from and live in Penarth. The seafront, cosmeston & marina areas have been pretty much packed out since the start of lockdown regardless with people not really giving a shit. I’ve personally avoided these areas as much as possible, it’ll all still be there later on. But now quite a few places are selling take away beers theres now a lot of groups hanging around, pissed up and some pubs have actually been closed in Penarth due to people congregating outside and the usual antics, urinating in the street and general pub behaviour carrying on. But the gatherings are now happening in park areas and other public places with youths over cosmeston getting drunk and throwing their bottles in the lakes, etc, etc.
With the weather the way it’s been it was inevitable but still all quite depressing seeing and hearing about it.
Are we really that desperate as a nation to get on the piss that much?
I personally like a drink or two and don’t hide that fact but walking through the streets with warm lager in a plastic cup just dosn’t appeal to me.
I went to cosmeston last week and was surprised how quiet it was. As for the drinking on the pier, plenty of pissheads in penarth who spend lots of time in the pubs but £4 a can? I can get 12 of them for a tenner in my local shop and sit in my nice garden. I guess it shows how desperate some folk are....