+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

Re: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

As I understand it if/when Albert goes back to Forest he can't play for them again this season - meaning that he's denied the chance to play any more football, all for the sake of Forest weakening a rival in the final run in.

No wonder he is pissed off!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    As I understand it if/when Albert goes back to Forest he can't play for them again this season - meaning that he's denied the chance to play any more football, all for the sake of Forest weakening a rival in the final run in.

It's incredibly petty of Forest. I blame EFL and FA - the situation could easily have been averted by mandating existing loans last until the end of the extended season, UNLESS the player wanted to return.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

He's not allowed to play, he's confirmed it himself. He's got every right to be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's not allowed to play, he's confirmed it himself. He's got every right to be annoyed.
    Players union should be spoken too , that's appalling. ??

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Especially when wingers tend to be interchangeable in the modern game. Hoilett and NML would usually swap wings a couple of times during games

Glad it's not just me who can see it. Thought I was losing the plot for a moment.
    Bournemouth have completed the signing of the Liverpool defender Brad Smith on a four-year contract. The 22-year-old underwent a medical on Wednesday after leaving Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the United States and flying into Heathrow on Monday, after Bournemouth had a bid in the region of £4.5 million accepted over the weekend.

Mamadou Sakho’s Liverpool future in doubt after he is sent home from US tour
    Read more
    Smith, who can operate at full-back and on the wing, becomes the second player to swap Liverpool for the south coast inside two weeks following the club’s signing of Jordon Ibe on a four-year contract.

A 10/10 Murphy is better than an aging Adomah and maybe without fans on his back he might actually do well

He’s so hit and miss though you just never know

Especially when wingers tend to be interchangeable in the modern game. Hoilett and NML would usually swap wings a couple of times during games

Glad it's not just me who can see it. Thought I was losing the plot for a moment.
    I forget sides and stronger feet, but remember NML in the opening few games of the promotion season? Then I think we changed it and he didn't seem as effective, I know they change in game but he was really strong down one side, proven with goals early on and it seemed to change. I might be making that up and rewriting my own history..

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I forget sides and stronger feet, but remember NML in the opening few games of the promotion season? Then I think we changed it and he didn't seem as effective, I know they change in game but he was really strong down one side, proven with goals early on and it seemed to change. I might be making that up and rewriting my own history..
    No, you're absolutely right and I've mentioned it myself on here previously. NML cutting in from the left was where he scored all of his goals. His only goal (that I can remember) last season was from the left too. His best performance of the season where he tormented Trent Alexander-Arnold - yep... left wing.

I made a comment to my mate on Saturday that I was shocked because he'd scored against Preston from a right-wing position.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bournemouth have completed the signing of the Liverpool defender Brad Smith on a four-year contract. The 22-year-old underwent a medical on Wednesday after leaving Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the United States and flying into Heathrow on Monday, after Bournemouth had a bid in the region of £4.5 million accepted over the weekend.

Mamadou Sakho’s Liverpool future in doubt after he is sent home from US tour
    Read more
    Smith, who can operate at full-back and on the wing, becomes the second player to swap Liverpool for the south coast inside two weeks following the club’s signing of Jordon Ibe on a four-year contract.
    Potentially as a wing-back but he categoraically is not a "winger" and he never has been. If, in your extensive research, you can find a single game where he's played as an attacking player of any sort, please post it here to show me up. If not, I'd give up now and save yourself further embarrassment.

No, you're absolutely right and I've mentioned it myself on here previously. NML cutting in from the left was where he scored all of his goals. His only goal (that I can remember) last season was from the left too. His best performance of the season where he tormented Trent Alexander-Arnold - yep... left wing.

I made a comment to my mate on Saturday that I was shocked because he'd scored against Preston from a right-wing position.
    Finished with his right inside the keeper, much preferred him on the left curling the ball across the keeper.

Heisenberg

Finished with his right inside the keeper, much preferred him on the left curling the ball across the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A 10/10 Murphy is better than an aging Adomah and maybe without fans on his back he might actually do well

I was thinking this exact thing, our fans have been way too quick to get on Murphy's back and you can see how it affects his confidence

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

A 10/10 Murphy is a Premier League player, its just we've seen that Murphy about 3 times in 60 or so games since his first few games where he looked like a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I was thinking this exact thing, our fans have been way too quick to get on Murphy's back and you can see how it affects his confidence
    Agree. It's like a mob mentality, Bryson and others have had the same, Manga was another one, some old ginger bloke used to scream his head off every game in the family stand which used to baffle me as well...

Agree. It's like a mob mentality, Bryson and others have had the same, Manga was another one, some old ginger bloke used to scream his head off every game in the family stand which used to baffle me as well...
    How did he get it back on ???

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How did he get it back on ???
    Blue tac. At least it looked like.

Don't get the point really, he can't play against them, can't play for them if he was to return. Might weaken us a bit but they will still have to play a 2 legged semi final and final against someone.

Forest running scared - they have to play Derby, Fulham. Brizzle, Preston & Swansea on the run-in - they could quite conceivably collapse...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Forest running scared - they have to play Derby, Fulham. Brizzle, Preston & Swansea on the run-in - they could quite conceivably collapse...
    Was on about this on the way to site this morning. I didn't realise the run in they had, I thought Fulham may crumble and we'd nip above them, but forest will have to be good.

He cut in on to his left to score against Arsenal but other than that the goals came from when he was on the left, the tap in and penalty against United and the wonder goal at Brighton

With Adomah going I hope we get to see Mayembe reappear on the bench. Its a shame to lose Adomah but hopefully it gives more of a chance to the younger players

Was on about this on the way to site this morning. I didn't realise the run in they had, I thought Fulham may crumble and we'd nip above them, but forest will have to be good.
    I was thinking we didn't have the kindest run in, but Forest's is ridiculous! Their final two fixtures are Barnsley and Stoke which are easier on paper but they'll be fighting for their lives

If they can overcome that run in the sheer belief and momentum may carry them through the playoffs

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He cut in on to his left to score against Arsenal but other than that the goals came from when he was on the left, the tap in and penalty against United and the wonder goal at Brighton

With Adomah going I hope we get to see Mayembe reappear on the bench. Its a shame to lose Adomah but hopefully it gives more of a chance to the younger players
    Genuinely only remembered the Brighton goal

I was thinking we didn't have the kindest run in, but Forest's is ridiculous! Their final two fixtures are Barnsley and Stoke which are easier on paper but they'll be fighting for their lives

If they can overcome that run in the sheer belief and momentum may carry them through the playoffs
    Take some doing not to drop points for them, and once they do they'll need nerves of steel!

Problem for those youngsters are that these games are critical.

To play youngsters, you have to be 100% certain they'll definitely make an impact. If you're that sure, then why fail to blood them earlier?

It would take a brave manager to play youth - and if they aren't going to, why have them on the bench?

I've little doubt if we had nothing to play for we'd have seen some of the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Problem for those youngsters are that these games are critical.

To play youngsters, you have to be 100% certain they'll definitely make an impact. If you're that sure, then why fail to blood them earlier?

It would take a brave manager to play youth - and if they aren't going to, why have them on the bench?

I've little doubt if we had nothing to play for we'd have seen some of the youngsters.
    The Danny ings impact?