+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

It sounds as if Forest have hardened their stance and will insist on ending Adomah's loan after tomorrow's match.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-18508689

He wants to stay. Harris wants him to stay. He has done a fair job for us and has been a guaranteed starter. But he was brought in mainly because of the 'season ending' injury to NML - and we will probably have all of NML, Hoilett, Murphy and Whyte available - and a few other wing options too.

So will this (if it happens) be a major set-back or a minor annoyance?

Re: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It sounds as if Forest have hardened their stance and will insist on ending Adomah's loan after tomorrow's match.

He wants to stay. Harris wants him to stay. He has done a fair job for us and has been a guaranteed starter. But he was brought in mainly because of the 'season ending' injury to NML - and we will probably have all of NML, Hoilett, Murphy and Whyte available - and a few other wing options too.

A lot depends on the extent of Josh Murphy's injury I would have thought. If he's back soon, you'd think the increased chance of a Play Off place would lead to an improvement in consistency from him - if we got that, then I don't think Adomah would be missed much.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Do think it's a bit odd, Forest are definitely in the playoffs and as far as I know he can't play for Forest. However, Murphy is fit so we have 4 wingers. It's annoying because he's done a good job but at the same time, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. He's steady and I'd prefer him to stay but it isn't a complete disaster.

Heisenberg

He offers more than Whyte going forward (who I had completely forgotten about and just had to check whether he was on the bench against Preston) and for that reason, I'd like him to stay.

Forest = SCABS !!!!! Nuf said

They’re running scared

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A lot depends on the extent of Josh Murphy's injury I would have thought. If he's back soon, you'd think the increased chance of a Play Off place would lead to an improvement in consistency from him - if we got that, then I don't think Adomah would be missed much.
    EFL should really have sorted this type of situation out

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    EFL should really have sorted this type of situation out
    Agreed. Look at the situation with Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth - now sitting out the rest of the season and refuses to sign contract extension in case he gets injured. Though doesn't say much for him as a person..

What Albert brings is intelligence, ability to off load simple pass and defend , something Josh struggles with , yes he's quick but his tracking back is woeful, perhaps Brad Smith or Junior switches to that side of the pitch definitely a blow I'd say .

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What Albert brings is intelligence, ability to off load simple pass and defend , something Josh struggles with , yes he's quick but his tracking back is woeful, perhaps Brad Smith or Junior switches to that side of the pitch definitely a blow I'd say .
    Brad Smith is a left back. I'm not sure of his credentials as a right-winger... But I guess that's more your field of expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

They’re running scared
    Yep that’s about right well said Bluetit

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Brad Smith is a left back. I'm not sure of his credentials as a right-winger... But I guess that's more your field of expertise.
    Not sure on your expertise, but I have seen wingers play on the opposite sides of the pitch , they sort of cut in side onto their strong foot , some are equally good on either foot ( clever that) , I've seen full backs do the same .

Versatility I think its called

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

They’re running scared
    Yeah and they don't like us coz we don't let 'em forget it!

I do think it is a pity because whether he has set the world on fire or not, he has deserved his place in the side and the side will be disrupted, even though we should have enough cover as mentioned above.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not sure on your expertise, but I have seen wingers play on the opposite sides of the pitch , they sort of cut in side onto their strong foot , some are equally good on either foot ( clever that) , I've seen full backs do the same .

Versatility I think its called
    Murphy's Law dictates that you didn't realise that he was a left back due to coming on to play in front of Bennett to defend our lead on Saturday. Makes sense, really.

If you're still suggesting that he could play as right-winger, you're off your head. I can't think of another example apart from Bale who has moved from left-back to right-wing... And that was after years of developing as a forward and he was world class.

"Versatility I think its called"... Just stick Flint out there then. I've seen centre backs on the pitch before so they can play on the wing.

Can't believe I took the time to type that when I should have just called you an idiot. It would have served the same purpose.

Big loss. Hopefully NML will be 100% fit to play 90mins.

Murphy's Law dictates that you didn't realise that he was a left back due to coming on to play in front of Bennett to defend our lead on Saturday. Makes sense, really.

If you're still suggesting that he could play as right-winger, you're off your head. I can't think of another example apart from Bale who has moved from left-back to right-wing... And that was after years of developing as a forward and he was world class.

"Versatility I think its called"... Just stick Flint out there then. I've seen centre backs on the pitch before so they can play on the wing.

Can't believe I took the time to type that when I should have just called you an idiot. It would have served the same purpose.
    Or Smith could play left wing in front of Bennett, and right footed Hoilett switch to the right hand side.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Or Smith could play left wing in front of Bennett, and right footed Hoilett switch to the right hand side.
    Thank you. A much more realistic suggestion. Welcome to the thread.

Weve got loads of options. Not ideal but feck the scabs.

Thank you. A much more realistic suggestion. Welcome to the thread.
    Left footed Smith playing on the right is as realistic as right footed Hoilett playing on the left.

Left footed Smith playing on the right is as realistic as right footed Hoilett playing on the left.
    Winger playing on the opposite wing.

Hardly the same as a left back playing right wing

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Nobody on this board has the knowledge of Smith as a player to ascertain if they can play on the wing. We know he's been deployed as a defensive option wide left to shut down Leeds attacking down the right late on in a game.

Life on mars put out an idea. He's perfectly entitled to do so.

Nobody on this board has the knowledge of Smith as a player to ascertain if they can play on the wing. We know he's been deployed as a defensive option wide left to shut down Leeds attacking down the right late on in a game.

Cracking

so many full back and wingers have interchanged in these positions far too many to list , Smith skills are listed as a wing the fact they aly in a wide position defending or as a winger has allowed it , not ideal but an option if we do in lose Albert, whcih would be great shame , seems a decent lad ,his experience will be missed

I'll be honest, don't necessarily agree - don't know enough about Smith to know if he could do it. If he's more of a wing back than pure left back, there's a chance, sure. Not going to shoot you down for coming out with an idea though.

Adomah was brought in to cover for NML being lost for the "season". Now he's back, think we've more than enough cover and if he could do it, Smith would probably be far down the pecking order imo.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Especially when wingers tend to be interchangeable in the modern game. Hoilett and NML would usually swap wings a couple of times during games

Glad it's not just me who can see it. Thought I was losing the plot for a moment.