+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

Re: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The Glatzel re post was taken very seriously by me, bit of fun indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    shhhhh I'm just trying to lull the guy who wrote it into a false sense of security so he comes back

Can we have him back now please Forest

don't want him back...too old and slow

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    don't want him back...too old and slow
    Absolutely

He wasn’t even amongst the 9 subs for Forest last night

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Absolutely

He wasn’t even amongst the 9 subs for Forest last night
    He can't play for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He can't play for them.
    Thanks

Change of regulations, as you say he is not allowed to play. Still don't want him back though.

Would be nice to have him as another option, Whyte doesn't even make the 20 man squad now. Writing very much on the wall for Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Would be nice to have him as another option, Whyte doesn't even make the 20 man squad now. Writing very much on the wall for Gavin.
    You would hope that the club would try to bring in better than we already have - Adomah certainly isn't better than what we have.
    Forest fans were right, his legs have gone.

I thought he played a decent part, particularly with NML being injured. Would have been nice to have kept him for the rest of the season but forest clearly didn't want to strengthen a play off rival.

#justiceforalbert

He played for us like he cared.
    Did a great job for us when Mendez was injured where Murphy would have struggled.
    As far as I'm concerned Albert could come back to us any time (within reason)

Adomah had a great game early on. I believe it was his debut at Luton. Not the quickest, but I will remember his contributions.

I shudder to think what would have happened if Whyte had played.

He did well. Served a purpose so to speak, he's lost his legs but sometimes he made up for that with a football brain.. But honestly? I don't think he needs to come back here I think we need pace to challenge the pace we have.

Some of our fans are sentimental as **** let's give him a deal as he played a few good games..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You would hope that the club would try to bring in better than we already have - Adomah certainly isn't better than what we have.
    Forest fans were right, his legs have gone.
    Better players cost money . Harris clearly likes Adomah and he's a steady eddie. I would not move mountains to bring him back but he would improve the squad. I think we miss him but if we can get a better player, great!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He did well. Served a purpose so to speak, he's lost his legs but sometimes he made up for that with a football brain.. But honestly? I don't think he needs to come back here I think we need pace to challenge the pace we have.

Some of our fans are sentimental as **** let's give him a deal as he played a few good games..
    I interpreted it as for him to come back for the play offs, obviously he can't but I don't think anyone meant sign him next season. More a dig at forest who wanted him to not strengthen a rival in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I interpreted it as for him to come back for the play offs, obviously he can't but I don't think anyone meant sign him next season. More a dig at forest who wanted him to not strengthen a rival in the play offs.
    Post was made yesterday "can come back any time" I'd interpret it as beyond the PO tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Post was made yesterday "can come back any time" I'd interpret it as beyond the PO tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He played for us like he cared.
    Did a great job for us when Mendez was injured where Murphy would have struggled.
    As far as I'm concerned Albert could come back to us any time (within reason)
    I take it you mean this one.

Read the whole post in its entirety.
    Nothing to do with sentiment.
    Qualified by bold e.g. might well find ourselves in a similar position next year

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I take it you mean this one.

Read the whole post in its entirety.
    Nothing to do with sentiment.
    Qualified by bold e.g. might well find ourselves in a similar position next year
    Sentimental

Paradoxically , I think Forest's discreditable behaviour helped us in the event.
    Much as AA was well loved and did his best, I honestly didn't see him achieve much except doing his best.The manager seemed to prefer him to some of our own players but has to start using them when AA was unexpectedly recalled .
    Well, you can see the results they've achieved so certainly that was a good thing. Otherwise we might have spent the last few games watching Albert run heroically into nowhere and be left with nothing but a close thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Paradoxically , I think Forest's discreditable behaviour helped us in the event.
    Much as AA was well loved and did his best, I honestly didn't see him achieve much except doing his best.The manager seemed to prefer him to some of our own players but has to start using them when AA was unexpectedly recalled .
    Well, you can see the results they've achieved so certainly that was a good thing. Otherwise we might have spent the last few games watching Albert run heroically into nowhere and be left with nothing but a close thing.
    The recall of Albert Adomah had no impact whatsoever on Forest's capitulation - unless you think their squad imploded through sheer embarrassment at the stance taken by their owner and board. I doubt it featured at all.

I also think that Neil Harris was likely to rely on NML, Murphy and Hoilett even if he had been able to hang on to Albert (who was steady but pulled up no trees). NML regaining fitness put Albert on the bench. The only difference was that Gavin Whyte was even further from the match squad whilst Albert was around. Adomah seemed to be a great personality whilst he was with us, but not a game changer!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The recall of Albert Adomah had no impact whatsoever on Forest's capitulation - unless you think their squad imploded through sheer embarrassment at the stance taken by their owner and board. I doubt it featured at all.

I also think that Neil Harris was likely to rely on NML, Murphy and Hoilett even if he had been able to hang on to Albert (who was steady but pulled up no trees). NML regaining fitness put Albert on the bench. The only difference was that Gavin Whyte was even further from the match squad whilst Albert was around. Adomah seemed to be a great personality whilst he was with us, but not a game changer!
    Some people try too hard to WUM.

It's not always in the form you expect either these days, you can't WUM in the traditional form so they take whatever reactions they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Well if you're correct that he wouldn't have played him anyway then you're correct about the rest.
    Of course, if that were the case, he wouldn't have cared about the recall, so it seems unlikely.

The point I was making was indeed that the recall forced our manager's hand and that the inclusion of other options resulted in points which were a big factor in Forest's unfortunate last minute slide. Had we not had that good run then they might well have maintainer their place in the table .