+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

Re: Albert Adomah - back to Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The Danny ings impact?
    Looking at posts 2-3 years old to try to score points is a tad stalkerish and if I might say so, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Looking at posts 2-3 years old to try to score points is a tad stalkerish and if I might say so, sad.
    I'll give you 3 days. As I saw the thread, on the front page of the forum that day.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'll give you 3 days. As I saw the thread, on the front page of the forum that day.
    The necroed thread, with posts written 2-3 years ago by myself, you mean?

Again, pretty sad and that's my last comment on you and your friends infantile games.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bournemouth have completed the signing of the Liverpool defender Brad Smith on a four-year contract. The 22-year-old underwent a medical on Wednesday after leaving Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the United States and flying into Heathrow on Monday, after Bournemouth had a bid in the region of £4.5 million accepted over the weekend.

Mamadou Sakho’s Liverpool future in doubt after he is sent home from US tour
    Read more
    Smith, who can operate at full-back and on the wing, becomes the second player to swap Liverpool for the south coast inside two weeks following the club’s signing of Jordon Ibe on a four-year contract.
    Wingers can play and do on either side of the pitch

Heisenberg

Wingers can play and do on either side of the pitch
    Yes they can....

but...

HE'S NOT A F**KING WINGER, IS HE?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_S...er,_born_1994)

As noted, he's played left wing for Liverpool and us.

Not his primary position, sure.

The necroed thread, with posts written 2-3 years ago by myself, you mean?

Again, pretty sad and that's my last comment on you and your friends infantile games.
    Give the Samaritans a call if you're having a bad day.

Heisenberg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_S...er,_born_1994)

As noted, he's played left wing for Liverpool and us.

Not his primary position, sure.
    I'm pedantic so I just checked the source for the time he played "left wing" for Liverpool - and he got 30mins as a wing back after replacing Joe Allen after and hour.

This is how they lined up.

Smith
    Henderson
    Agger Skrtel Toure

If you think his position for us when he came on against Leeds for the last 7 mins was a winger... then I don't know what to say. You have eyes and can make you're own decision.

So he's played 37 mins of football in the top 2 divisions as a defensive left-sided player and as a wing-back - yeah, I'd say it's "not his primary position" too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm pedantic so I just checked the source for the time he played "left wing" for Liverpool - and he got 30mins as a wing back after replacing Joe Allen after and hour.

This is how they lined up.

Smith
    Henderson
    Agger Skrtel Toure

If you think his position for us when he came on against Leeds for the last 7 mins was a winger... then I don't know what to say. You have eyes and can make you're own decision.

So he's played 37 mins of football in the top 2 divisions as a defensive left-sided player and as a wing-back - yeah, I'd say it's "not his primary position" too.
    If you two don't stop bickering I'll send you both to bed. Now wave to each other and get on with your homework!!!!

Let's be honest though, it was one of the most spectacular own goals in the history of this board wasn't it.

Not really.

Bogle looked promising based on goalscoring record at all levels. Record wasn't bad for us with limited time and chances created - I'd say he bombed out more based upon attitude than anything else. It happens. Ings had two serious knee injuries Good on him for recovering and playing well - though if we'd signed him ( yeah, like that was ever gonig to happen ), he'd probably have been another Jazz Richards knowing our luck.

Regardless, if a small group of posters wish to drag posts up from the distant past to belittle, then that's their perogative. Still remains kinda sad, and it's sadder that it's tolerated on the forum.

Not really.

Bogle looked promising based on goalscoring record at all levels. Record wasn't bad for us with limited time and chances created - I'd say he bombed out more based upon attitude than anything else. It happens. Ings had two serious knee injuries Good on him for recovering and playing well - though if we'd signed him ( yeah, like that was ever gonig to happen ), he'd probably have been another Jazz Richards knowing our luck.

Regardless, if a small group of posters wish to drag posts up from the distant past to belittle, then that's their perogative. Still remains kinda sad, and it's sadder that it's tolerated on the forum.
    Oh come on don't be so sensitive, people have always dragged up old threads which feature a big statement that's been proven spectacularly wrong, it's just a bit fun. I remembered one about the guy who said he'd buy everyone a drink if Glatzel scores 10 goals this season, it was months old but I bumped it the other day. You're taking it as a personal attack when in reality people are just teasing because it's funny

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Oh come on don't be so sensitive, people have always dragged up old threads which feature a big statement that's been proven spectacularly wrong, it's just a bit fun. I remembered one about the guy who said he'd buy everyone a drink if Glatzel scores 10 goals this season, it was months old but I bumped it the other day. You're taking it as a personal attack when in reality people are just teasing because it's funny
    I've seen others called "idiots" for posting an opinion someone disagreed with. It's the same thankfully small group of people using the fact discussion is online rather than face to face to troll, derail, insult. Quite sad on their part and sadder that it's tolerated.

Why would people post their opinions if a certain clique rally round to decry for fun? Maybe I'm wrong for having higher hopes as to what the forum should be.

I've seen others called "idiots" for posting an opinion someone disagreed with. It's the same thankfully small group of people using the fact discussion is online rather than face to face to troll, derail, insult. Quite sad on their part and sadder that it's tolerated.

Why would people post their opinions if a certain clique rally round to decry for fun? Maybe I'm wrong for having higher hopes as to what the forum should be.
    I guess this is a good time to reflect on those high hopes

What on earth are you rabbiting on about you loon?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I guess this is a good time to reflect on those high hopes
    Care to reflect upon the context? You know, harassment from you and your buddies?

I've never called anyone a "loon" for posting an opinion on football.

I sense there's zero point responding to you or your ilk anymore, it's just feeding trolls.

Care to reflect upon the context? You know, harassment from you and your buddies?

I've never called anyone a "loon" for posting an opinion on football.

I sense there's zero point responding to you or your ilk anymore, it's just feeding trolls.
    Yeah. The context was that I had the temerity to suggest that

a) a poster called Tell It Like It Is, who joined the Board on 1/7/18 who said in his posts was an asthma sufferer with a wife with lupus (last recorded post end of May telling someone to FOAD) and
    b) CCFC_is_my_life who said in his posts was an asthma sufferer with a wife with lupus who last posted on the Board on 26/6/18 (Last recorded post regarding Danny Ings saying "another idiot to add to the ignore list") who restarted posting again after a two year hiatus in June 2020 might be the same person.

You called me a "loon" for suggesting such poppycock. Still better than Tell It Like It Is I suppose who asked me if I was on the spectrum....and he had a child with special needs.

If you want a bit of sensible engagement play fewer games would be my advice.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yeah. The context was that I had the temerity to suggest that

a) a poster called Tell It Like It Is, who joined the Board on 1/7/18 who said in his posts was an asthma sufferer with a wife with lupus (last recorded post end of May telling someone to FOAD) and
    b) CCFC_is_my_life who said in his posts was an asthma sufferer with a wife with lupus who last posted on the Board on 26/6/18 (Last recorded post regarding Danny Ings saying "another idiot to add to the ignore list") who restarted posting again after a two year hiatus in June 2020 might be the same person.

You called me a "loon" for suggesting such poppycock. Still better than Tell It Like It Is I suppose who asked me if I was on the spectrum....and he had a child with special needs.

If you want a bit of sensible engagement play fewer games would be my advice.
    Do you have a brother named Mycroft, by any chance?

Do you have a brother named Mycroft, by any chance?
    LOL...

I’m grateful for the understanding Cyril provided though..... explains things

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    LOL...

I’m grateful for the understanding Cyril provided though..... explains things
    Top poster is Cyril

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If you two don't stop bickering I'll send you both to bed. Now wave to each other and get on with your homework!!!!
    Walter White is spot on though, so I can see his reason for continuing.

Opens my eyes to the countless times I've kept on arguing a dead point just for the sake of not wanting to lose face..rather than admitting you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The Glatzel re post was taken very seriously by me, bit of fun indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really.

It's like being in court online init. Wouldn't you bring up something relevant from the past to help your case if you were in court?

Granted, it's the internet so it's a laugh..but still.. it's going to happen isn't it.

People will measure your judgement now based on previous posts. It's inevitable.

It's not to belittle. Stop being so soft.

If you're suggesting I wouldn't laugh at your past judgement in a conversation you're wrong. It's harmless. Why wouldn't I? It's an opinion.

I get your point for people who are abusive online, but then again you don't know them to come to the conclusion of they would or wouldn't say it. Far too many use it as a tool, I agree, but most people on here don't really say much you would be "scared to say to my face" type thing..

Yes they can....

but...

HE'S NOT A F**KING WINGER, IS HE?!
    No but the point is if Albert left he could fill in ,are you saying full backs cant and don't play wide ,when needed ????

Heisenberg

No but the point is if Albert left he could fill in ,are you saying full backs cant and don't play wide ,when needed ????
    Full backs don't tend to play on the wing which correlates to their weaker foot...no.

I'll try to settle this right now as it's beyond tiresome.

You clearly didn't realise that Smith isn't a winger but instead of just accepting that, you've tried numerous ways of making it so that your original post is still correct and I've I think I've proven that I know quite a bit about the player with my post in the 'Brad Smith' thread, so maybe accept that I know what I'm talking about here.

I've had to make myself sound incredibly arrogant (rather than just slightly arrogant) just because you won't accept your mistake.

To end this stupid debate... I haven't heard you suggesting that Bennett replace Adomah as well as Smith. Why? Because he's a f**king left back! Putting him on the right wing would be mental.

I'm done.