+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone on here done a low carb diet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone on here done a low carb diet?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    no, but it impressive 13 pounds is not the be ignored , guess keeping it up is the task ahead as the weight drop off does slow
    My plan is to get my weight to a decent level then control it through exercise and watching what i eat-that's the plan. Hartley will be along in a minute accusing me of turning this messageboard in to mumsnet

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My plan is to get my weight to a decent level then control it through exercise and watching what i eat-that's the plan. Hartley will be along in a minute accusing me of turning this messageboard in to mumsnet
    I did slimming world in 2015. Lost a stone a month for 3 months, then another 3 stone over the next 6 months.

I followed the principle of the plan. But lowered the carbs down even though I was allowed more.

Tended to eat meat and veg for dinner replacing spuds with baked peppers and courgettes. Ate a lot of salmon, chicken breasts, steaks, chilli's but with veg almost all the time rather than rice or other carbs. Also counted my treats and stuck within a weekly allowance.

I did have a curry once a week but a lamb rogan josh as it's less fat and with boiled rice. had whisky with pepsi max to drink rather than beer but did have a few pints on the weekends.

snacked on ham, crab sticks and melon.

Since I stopped trying I've gradually put most of it back on. Having to give up playing football didn't help. So now I am trying to walk more and have set up the exercise bike. But the lure of comfort food and a few tins is too strong.

I'm in a real quandry at the moment on how best to enjoy best of all worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I did slimming world in 2015. Lost a stone a month for 3 months, then another 3 stone over the next 6 months.

I followed the principle of the plan. But lowered the carbs down even though I was allowed more.

Tended to eat meat and veg for dinner replacing spuds with baked peppers and courgettes. Ate a lot of salmon, chicken breasts, steaks, chilli's but with veg almost all the time rather than rice or other carbs. Also counted my treats and stuck within a weekly allowance.

I did have a curry once a week but a lamb rogan josh as it's less fat and with boiled rice. had whisky with pepsi max to drink rather than beer but did have a few pints on the weekends.

snacked on ham, crab sticks and melon.

Since I stopped trying I've gradually put most of it back on. Having to give up playing football didn't help. So now I am trying to walk more and have set up the exercise bike. But the lure of comfort food and a few tins is too strong.

I'm in a real quandry at the moment on how best to enjoy best of all worlds.
    Wow, 6 stone, that's some work. The only thing i really miss is Mr Kiplings apple tarts, i can blast a box of 6 in one sitting. Not into chocolate or crisps.