+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This government is a complete shambles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This government is a complete shambles

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I apologise for the misquotation. Not intentional.

However I still maintain that ultimately PHE must be responsible. The fact that they were so off the mark that Bojo had to outsource Track and trace does not relinquish them of their responsibilities.
    Faced with the most important thing they have been asked to manage for decades they have been found wanting and I doubt t they will survive in their present form for much longer
    Yes they may not be directly responsible now but it would appeared that it was only the fact that they were so off the pace that a new track and trace system had to be set up.

But as I have said before,and I know it gets boring, but it will need a proper enquiry to see exactly where the problems were.

We are all (and I include myself of course) guilty of not seeing the full picture and tainting our response with our own point of view,often because there is so much information out there that it is hard to see the wood from the trees.

And we all tend toselect those bits that suit our view.

Re: This government is a complete shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes they may not be directly responsible now but it would appeared that it was only the fact that they were so off the pace that a new track and trace system had to be set up.

But as I have said before,and I know it gets boring, but it will need a proper enquiry to see exactly where the problems were.

We are all (and I include myself of course) guilty of not seeing the full picture and tainting our response with our own point of view,often because there is so much information out there that it is hard to see the wood from the trees.

And we all tend toselect those bits that suit our view.
    I broadly agree with the points you make but what we are getting from Boris Johnson is "now is not the time" for such an enquiry.

This does not seem to have stopped either he or the team at No 10 feeding little drips of poison into the media against who they think should be the scapegoats for the failures (i.e not them).

In this regard it also suits that PHE, rightly or wrongly, are one of the main targets of these negative briefings as, pointed out earlier, they report directly to DHSC, whose Secretary of State, Matt Hancock is surely being lined up as one of the fall guys to take a bullet for Johnson and Cummings.

Where the truth is in all of this heaven knows but in modern populist politics that seems to be one of the last concerns.