+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This government is a complete shambles

International

Re: This government is a complete shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thousands queuing.?

Wild shot in the dark. Tens of thousand people arent waking up with Covid symptoms.?
    That's my point. You hear on the news journalists raising questions about why isn't there capacity for more tests, constantly going on about the UK gov promising 100,000 and Mr Drakeford promising 9000, but what is the point of them trying so hard and spending so much money on getting to that level of availability if no one uses the capacity they already have?so more people can stand around doing nothing?
    And some of those may be furloughed from other jobs too and the government is paying them twice to do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Most testing HIV / HEP B, C and Covid 19 you could train a parrot to do it in a week. Non story move along nothing to see here.
    Very polly put!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Never mind the dogs

Watch the programme on I player , listen to the interviews with the medical experts
    Well what I will say is that I have a Honorary NHS contract and i am out testing on the ground....but hey it's Panorama it must be right. right.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's my point. You hear on the news journalists raising questions about why isn't there capacity for more tests, constantly going on about the UK gov promising 100,000 and Mr Drakeford promising 9000, but what is the point of them trying so hard and spending so much money on getting to that level of availability if no one uses the capacity they already have?so more people can stand around doing nothing?
    And some of those may be furloughed from other jobs too and the government is paying them twice to do nothing?
    I think the issue has been around the timing of testing capacity.

Well what I will say is that I have a Honorary NHS contract and i am out testing on the ground....but hey it's Panorama it must be right. right.
    That means nothing

You are not a doctor and as you seem to suggest anyone could carry out these tests

But that's your non medical opinion , watch the programme , you will gain more knowledge than just believing your own , non medical hyperbole

The opinion of the medical experts is that testing needs close medical supervision

And what it also doesnt need is the sister of the disgraced dominic cummings being a top cheese in the company involved in rolling out the test app , which ended up being bollocks

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think the issue has been around the timing of testing capacity.
    Yeah but when you actually see these places i does make you wonder. It shows how the journos hype everything up to make a story.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I don’t know anyone who is even allowed to get tested.....guess hardly anyone needs to?
    As I said above my daughter is being tested weekly.

Results are back in a couple of days.

Yeah but when you actually see these places i does make you wonder. It shows how the journos hype everything up to make a story.
    I’m not sure how it shows that tbh. I think the stories I’ve read have been consistently around late delivery of testing capacity and contact/trace.

Can I ask if any of the Government apologists have watched the programme?

International

Dumnno. I wasn't talking about the programmev and don't know if this was raised. I'm just commenting on what I see. Nothing political, just if people aren't going for the tsts available now whats the point of opening more places?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thousands queuing.?

Wild shot in the dark. Tens of thousand people arent waking up with Covid symptoms.?
    To be fair to xsnaggle, if thousands would be put in queues together then the amount of people waking up with Covid symptoms would skyrocket therefore more people would end up getting tested. The man's an intellectual maverick genius

That means nothing

You are not a doctor and as you seem to suggest anyone could carry out these tests

But that's your non medical opinion , watch the programme , you will gain more knowledge than just believing your own , non medical hyperbole

The opinion of the medical experts is that testing needs close medical supervision

And what it also doesnt need is the sister of the disgraced dominic cummings being a top cheese in the company involved in rolling out the test app , which ended up being bollocks
    Forward me your address Sludge and i'll pop a Gonorrhea test in the post just swab around the shit swilling around in your mouth.

Dumnno. I wasn't talking about the programmev and don't know if this was raised. I'm just commenting on what I see. Nothing political, just if people aren't going for the tsts available now whats the point of opening more places?
    I haven't seen the programme (yet) but when it comes to numbers getting tested hasn't the main issue always been about getting lots of people to the test stations and having a system that massively increases the number of daily tests so that 'test track and test' can work at high volume, routinely and easily?

The government started this by hiding behind 'capacity' (even that was spun) but for many people they couldn't get to the test stations because of location/distance. If we now have enough testing capacity in the right places (over the whole UK) and they are still under-used then there is a real problem of communication and planning. That clearly involves employers, local authorities and other agencies and individuals - but ultimately it comes back to the government.

If the Government apologists can't be bothered watching the whole programme, just look at the last five minutes which shows that the huge majority of tests have been carried out by public sector workers already in place while many of the 25,000 newly recruited private company employees are doing very little - they could be better used than this and could be used to track and trace as part of system o test more than those who have symptoms;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ing-gone-wrong

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I haven't seen the programme (yet) but when it comes to numbers getting tested hasn't the main issue always been about getting lots of people to the test stations and having a system that massively increases the number of daily tests so that 'test track and test' can work at high volume, routinely and easily?

The government started this by hiding behind 'capacity' (even that was spun) but for many people they couldn't get to the test stations because of location/distance. If we now have enough testing capacity in the right places (over the whole UK) and they are still under-used then there is a real problem of communication and planning. That clearly involves employers, local authorities and other agencies and individuals - but ultimately it comes back to the government.
    But if people aren't using the capacity that's already there you can't 'make' them use it, so whats the point of enlarging the facility? As an example say, CCFC testing station. 5 lanes, say 10 minutes per test, 30/hour, open 12 hours a day, 360 tests a day. They aren't doing anywhere near that. Anyone ever driven past it and seen it busy? I doubt it, and they are all the same.
    It doesn't matter what colour the government is, welsh red or brit blue, if people aren't booking tests after all the fuss on national radio and TV about people not being able to get them, how do you force them? The answer is, you can't!!!

But if people aren't using the capacity that's already there you can't 'make' them use it, so whats the point of enlarging the facility? As an example say, CCFC testing station. 5 lanes, say 10 minutes per test, 30/hour, open 12 hours a day, 360 tests a day. They aren't doing anywhere near that. Anyone ever driven past it and seen it busy? I doubt it, and they are all the same.
    It doesn't matter what colour the government is, welsh red or brit blue, if people aren't booking tests after all the fuss on national radio and TV about people not being able to get them, how do you force them? The answer is, you can't!!!
    I'm not suggesting the government sends out snatch squads to forcibly take people to testing stations, but other countries have succeeded in getting much much higher levels of regular testing carried out. The government isn't helpless in that situation - and it isn't down to some British and Irish cultural barriers either. The government managed to get very high levels of lock-down compliance from late March (too late, but still) through clear messaging and co-ordinated action by national and local authorities, employers and local voluntary organisations. It has failed to focus as well on testing. If other countries can do it - so can the UK (it is not just about England - although the devolved administrations have done a better job across the board)

Forward me your address Sludge and i'll pop a Gonorrhea test in the post just swab around the shit swilling around in your mouth.
    Never mind all that , watch the programme then get back to me with your non medical view of the actual medical people on the programme who say the government testing is complete shambles

Thanks doctor

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair to xsnaggle, if thousands would be put in queues together then the amount of people waking up with Covid symptoms would skyrocket therefore more people would end up getting tested. The man's an intellectual maverick genius

Did anyone see the panorama documentary on boris and his covid testing nonsense ?

What a complete clown show

In fairness it's a tough job, and easier to see in hindsight especially the late lockdown, but I have to agree way too many mistakes!

what I don't understand is why people are complaining that there are not enough tests being carried out yet when you see a test centre they are always empty.
    some of them have 4 or 5 lanes for vehicles to pass through at a time but there are no cars there.
    What is the government to do? force people to go to the centres?
    And just for the benefit of those who will immediately jump on me and say I'm just defending the Tories, this situation is equally true about testing centres in both countries. What is the point of Drakeford doubling the capacity when the capacity he has is only sparsely used?
    Watch the programme, it's a disorganised mess they compared it with the German system where the start by taking all the details National Insurance numbers, numbers, addresses etc, if it's positive they lock them down quickly.

The tests in Germany are done by doctors and medical students, it just looked efficient.

it's not even hard, I'm not sure how they could feck it up so much with the money they've thrown at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    In fairness it's a tough job, and easier to see in hindsight especially the late lockdown, but I have to agree way too many mistakes!
    Please let this be a woosh

So is this one, but we have a chance to recifify that in November.

I have nothing against Corbyn, but it was obvious he was unelectable. How the Labour party agreed to a general election without replacing him I will never know. You have 4 more years of this imcompetent clown and his cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can I ask if any of the Government apologists have watched the programme?
    What's the point they'd only shout fake news anyway.

Banned

what I don't understand is why people are complaining that there are not enough tests being carried out yet when you see a test centre they are always empty.
    some of them have 4 or 5 lanes for vehicles to pass through at a time but there are no cars there.
    What is the government to do? force people to go to the centres?
    And just for the benefit of those who will immediately jump on me and say I'm just defending the Tories, this situation is equally true about testing centres in both countries. What is the point of Drakeford doubling the capacity when the capacity he has is only sparsely used?
    Did you also not consider that many people are now getting tested in other locations, home tests, tests in care homes?

Banned

Huh?