+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robert Glatzel

Robert Glatzel

I have just watched the interview with Glatzel on the club TV - long interview and very impressive from Glatzel.

His English is excellent, and he comes across as articulate, intelligent, settled, and really up for the challenge.

He clearly needed a little time to find his feet and adjust to a new country, culture and style of play - but it looks as if we have a real player there!

The lockdown break may have helped him adjust and come good, as it helped the injured (Tomlin and NML) and the knackered (Hoilett) in the squad.

Re: Robert Glatzel

As I said, the only thing I'd like to see him improve on is his physicality. Nice touch, can score, links players in well but he's 6ft 4 and I think he needs to learn to use his physique ore to give him that extra dimension.

"When Neil Warnock was manager, there were more long balls and it was more physical," Glatzel said ahead of this evening's match.

"I think with Neil Harris, of course it's still physical, that's the league, but we are more creative with the ball and we are holding the ball more.

"We create more chances and it's a good feeling now being on the pitch with the team, we are playing good football."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-18514671

Agree with the change in approach with Harris in charge.

Some times though you need to change things up to avoid being predictable and for me at times Glatzel doesn't play like hes 6ft 4.

Starting today.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Agree with the change in approach with Harris in charge.

Some times though you need to change things up to avoid being predictable and for me at times Glatzel doesn't play like hes 6ft 4.
    He looks like he could easily carry and another stone. Maybe 20 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He looks like he could easily carry and another stone. Maybe 20 lbs.
    I can donate at least a stone... probably quite a few more...