+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's the score with travelling from england into wales to see relatives ?

What's the score with travelling from england into wales to see relatives ?

My sister , who lives in cornwall , wants to come here to visit my mother in july

I thought travel in wales was restricted to 5 miles and if she did come she would have to stay outside the house to keep social distancing ?

Re: What's the score with travelling from england into wales to see relatives ?

After July 6 you can travel more than 5 miles and now you can bubble up too so she could stay over...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    After July 6 you can travel more than 5 miles and now you can bubble up too so she could stay over...
    Thanks

Although that's a shame as shes a pain in the arse

Can she fill the car/van with cheap booze, so as you don’t have to pay this horrible Welsh assembly TAX

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can she fill the car/van with cheap booze, so as you don’t have to pay this horrible Welsh assembly TAX
    Is there tax on booze in england ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My sister , who lives in cornwall , wants to come here to visit my mother in july

I thought travel in wales was restricted to 5 miles and if she did come she would have to stay outside the house to keep social distancing ?

I'm off to Cornwall soon you can book Cornish holidays now, in fact we had an e mail invite to do so weeks ago.

no tax on alcohol in England sludge

Is there tax on booze in england ?
    No, is anyone arranging coaches over to Bristol pubs on Saturday?

Banned

Thanks

Although that's a shame as shes a pain in the arse
    goats is right, but if she goes into your mother's house, then no-one else can until the restrictions are eased further.

Basically, the plan is that 2 households can become a bubble and be treated as one household is at the moment.

So, you could visit your mother in her house, and sgo inthe can visit you in yours. But, you can't visit anyone else in any other house, and she won't be able to either. Also, it means no-one can visit you in your house, and no-one else can visit your mother in her house.

So, if your sister travelled up for a day in a week's time, and went into your mother's house then, theoretically, no-one else could go into your mother's house. Likewise, your mother would not be able to go into anyone else's house.

on the radio wales phone in this morning the welsh government said cross border travel is fine from monday 6th

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    goats is right, but if she goes into your mother's house, then no-one else can until the restrictions are eased further.

Basically, the plan is that 2 households can become a bubble and be treated as one household is at the moment.

So, you could visit your mother in her house, and sgo inthe can visit you in yours. But, you can't visit anyone else in any other house, and she won't be able to either. Also, it means no-one can visit you in your house, and no-one else can visit your mother in her house.

So, if your sister travelled up for a day in a week's time, and went into your mother's house then, theoretically, no-one else could go into your mother's house. Likewise, your mother would not be able to go into anyone else's house.
    Thanks

My mother has carers in three times a day to help her , does that mean that if my sister visits , the carers cant continue ?

Thanks

My mother has carers in three times a day to help her , does that mean that if my sister visits , the carers cant continue ?
    Of course they can...

If you're really worried about it, tell your sister to wait and stop being selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Of course they can...

If you're really worried about it, tell your sister to wait and stop being selfish.
    Well I would prefer if my sister didnt come at all as shes a complete waste of space when it comes to caring but that's another matter

At the moment the household is my mother , my mothers carers and me . I am trying to ascertain if she can visit and if she visits can the carers still come

Well I would prefer if my sister didnt come at all as shes a complete waste of space when it comes to caring but that's another matter

At the moment the household is my mother , my mothers carers and me . I am trying to ascertain if she can visit and if she visits can the carers still come
    Apologies, selfish was probably too strong a word.

Heisenberg

Within the laws/rules/guidelines whatever they're being called today - if your sister visits your mother, then that would exclude you from being able to visit.

Nothing you or your sister do in terms of visiting can stop her carers from visiting, Sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Apologies, selfish was probably too strong a word.
    Its spot on to be honest with you

My sister was asked by my mother to come up for a week and help her out

Shes offered two days

Sums her up to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Within the laws/rules/guidelines whatever they're being called today - if your sister visits your mother, then that would exclude you from being able to visit.

Nothing you or your sister do in terms of visiting can stop her carers from visiting, Sludge.
    That's the hammer

Being fair, Sludge, the only real vector for your mum developing covid would be your sister visiting, that would be the only new element.

You've been keeping yourself safe, no doubt taking precautions around your mum, so whilst the law may well technically exclude you visiting afterwards, it would be no more risk of you passing covid to your mum than if your sister didn't visit - the risk would be if your sister brings it into your mums house and it then passes it on to you.

So legally, you shouldn't then visit but it reality it depends how much of a risk you're willing to take with your own health. You're hardly going to be arrested for later visiting, after al.

Its spot on to be honest with you

My sister was asked by my mother to come up for a week and help her out

Shes offered two days

Sums her up to be honest
    This happens a lot, one family member usually cops all the work, while the others feck off and get on with their lives, without a care in the World?

What are the carers like? Any sorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    This happens a lot, one family member usually cops all the work, while the others feck off and get on with their lives, without a care in the World?
    Tell me about it

I cared for my old man with alzheimers , firstly noticing he had a problem , getting him seen by the memory team , taking him to support groups , sorting out carers , talking him for walks , cleaning up after the poor old sod had messed himself

Been the same for my old dear , severe bowel problems since last summer varying between being in hospital for the runs to being in hospital for being blocked up , severe urine infections causing her to become seriously confused , getting physios in , taking her to consultants appointments etc

My sisters have done nowt apart from trying to go against medical advice , once when the appointment she went to and they tried to stop her going to , discovered a prolapsed vagina and prolapsed rectum and most recently trying to persuade her not to take tablets for depression which the doctor had diagnosed

Useless pair

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What are the carers like? Any sorts?
    This is a serious subject

But as you have asked they are all rotters who stink of fags apart from one who is a rock chick and likes my sabbath t shirts

So it's not all bad news

Well I have four mature ladies accompanying me on a camping and walking trip this weekend...