+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clive Tyldesley calls for co-commentators to receive training on racial stereotyping

Re: Clive Tyldesley calls for co-commentators to receive training on racial stereotyping

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Getting back to the original subject. There are differences in the black and white body. There is a reason why black people are normally quicker. I'm not sure about the strength aspect but black people appear to put on more muscle. This could be due to colouring the same way bodybuilders grease themselves up?
    I'm not sure.

When you have an advantage then of pace you are more than likely to be utilised in an area where pace is more useful.

It's also a physical attribute rather than a skill. Black people make up about 35% of PL players but only account for 13% of the population. There are physical advantages to being black I'm sure of it when it comes to elite level sport.

I do agree about the old lazy comments you still hear it now about Murphy and used to hear it about Bothroyd. I think that is particularly unfair as when sprinting at high intensity you are not able to recover as quickly.

What I dont want now is people ticking stuff off. The commentators need more than this to help them like correcting themselves when a replay has shown them to be wrong.

Kenwyne springs to mind with 'lazy'. Though to be fair, it was also said about Whitts.

Re: Clive Tyldesley calls for co-commentators to receive training on racial stereotyping

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Silly comment to make, was already there...
    Not really you were nowhere near

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Not really you were nowhere near
    In what respect? I'm genuinely interesting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Kenwyne springs to mind with 'lazy'. Though to be fair, it was also said about Whitts.
    Kenwyne wasn't helped by Ole's tactics but with his physique he was never going to sprint at high intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Kenwyne wasn't helped by Ole's tactics but with his physique he was never going to sprint at high intensity.
    To be clear, I wasn't calling him lazy. I just heard it said about him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    To be clear, I wasn't calling him lazy. I just heard it said about him a lot.
    Yeah, knew that. To a degree I think there was some validity to it. Yes, as I said the tactics didn't help but at times he didn't seem to bust a gut out there for us. I guess maybe he shut off due to the poor tactics possibly? Didn't do much in MLS after leaving us either.

I'd like to thank the Football Black List for their new award of Black LGBT Disabled person in football

For too long this category has been ignored and I've often wondered how football has survived without this award

Well done to all