+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wigan are in admin

First Team

Re: Wigan are in admin

Lots of speculation that several other clubs are in the mire.
    I have a feeling what with both rugby and cricket clubs attempting to slash wages and change the set ups that this whole Covid situation will lead to wholesale changes in the way sport is run .
    Whatever the end result it is going to be a bumpy ride and I personally feel that this could lead to a franchise system , USA style, for the football community.
    Question is would we be the Franchise holder, amalgamated into a Welsh region, lose out entirely or the feeder team for someone?
    Obviously pure speculation by me but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Thank goodness we have Tan, Wigan’s new owners are obviously dodgy!
    I'm not so confident. He's taken a back seat for a while and you could speculate that he wants out. If his other businesses are affected, it stands to reason that he would be prepared to let the City go.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oops... I got the wrong Milan earlier

Sorry everybody... Wrong Milan!

Were you thinking of dog trainer extraordinarre, Caeser Millan? We've all done it.

(Joint administrator Gerald) Krasner said there are "no guarantees" Wigan's players will receive their wages, which are due on Friday, although he hoped to pay at least some of them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53261368

(Former Chairman) David Sharpe says he "can't believe" the rumour that Wigan Athletic was put into administration as part of a bet on them being relegated.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/foo...future-2903216

This is beginning to look like it was part of a scam, that would see the club relegated and allow the former owner to cash in on a massive bet. It goes like this - place big bet that Wigan will be relegated, sell club to friend, friend puts club into liquidation, club gets points deduction and are relegated, bet pays out.
    It could be that the previous owner placed the bet some time ago, but results worked out better than he thought, so he had to take extreme action. Either way, if it is true, you can't help wonder why nobody ever thought of this before. Or maybe they have?

Not suggesting it was dodgy, but does anyone remember Rick Wright getting a lot of publicity from betting we would win promotion in 92-93? I seem to remember he netted £500,000 when we went up. Different times, perhaps.