+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BLM free Palestine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BLM free Palestine

Interesting today on Sky Sports that the Black Lives Matter badges on the pundits have been replaced with Kick It Out badges.

I notices a few players in the Hull-Boro game had hand written #BLM on their shirts - so assume the official BLM branding is now over?

Is this a corporate decision that Sky/EFL has done enough to promote BLM or is it a push back against something they think has overstepped?

Shame either way - I was hoping it would all carry on (NHS, BLM and taking the knee) to the end of the mini season.

Re: BLM free Palestine

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting today on Sky Sports that the Black Lives Matter badges on the pundits have been replaced with Kick It Out badges.

I notices a few players in the Hull-Boro game had hand written #BLM on their shirts - so assume the official BLM branding is now over?

Is this a corporate decision that Sky/EFL has done enough to promote BLM or is it a push back against something they think has overstepped?

Shame either way - I was hoping it would all carry on (NHS, BLM and taking the knee) to the end of the mini season.
    I think Joshua Virasami as a key leader in BLM UK along with his fellow UK leaders has done the movement a grave disservice by tweeting attacks on Israel and also calls to defund the police. Virasami also tweeted 'good riddance to an evil man' when Churchill's statue was covered up.

The UK donations to their Go Fund Me campaign stand at more than £1m but because they are not registered as a charity the accounts cannot be scrutinised.

Mix all this together and it takes the gloss from what should be a good movement for a good cause.