+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BLM free Palestine

BLM free Palestine

#BlackLivesMatterUK (@ukblm) Tweeted: On the eve of Israel's planned formal annexation of Palestinian land, we stand with Palestinian civil society in calling for targeted sanctions in line with international law against Israel's colonial, apartheid regime.

*https://t.co/1I50O4yIBL https://t.co/7nXTz3Krti https://twitter.com/ukblm/status/127...270537216?s=20

Re: BLM free Palestine

Seems like middle class luuvies that were supporting BLM are now distancing themselves from the cause, apparently some Sky sports presenters and pundits no longer wear BLM badges,lol.
    Seems like some luvvies now think that the movement is too pro Communist and pro Anarchist and too anti Capitalist and with it been also anti Zionist some right wing extremists over here equate that with antisemitism, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Seems like middle class luuvies that were supporting BLM are now distancing themselves from the cause, apparently some Sky sports presenters and pundits no longer wear BLM badges,lol.
    Seems like some luvvies now think that the movement is too pro Communist and pro Anarchist and too anti Capitalist and with it been also anti Zionist some right wing extremists over here equate that with antisemitism, lol.
    Lol..... You can almost see the glue

I agree with the BDS movement and targeted sanctions - but I am confused about the way BLM is evolving. It is interesting.

They have been described as a political party by some on here - although as far as I can see BLM remains a movement and a loose coalition of people and groups fighting institutional racism. I read and watched a lot about how they formed in the USA, but BLM is clearly now international and much bigger.

Are they widening their focus too much? I don't think so, but their fringe supporters who want to pick and choose which examples of racism and oppression they oppose, may be put off.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree with the BDS movement and targeted sanctions - but I am confused about the way BLM is evolving. It is interesting.

They have been described as a political party by some on here - although as far as I can see BLM remains a movement and a loose coalition of people and groups fighting institutional racism. I read and watched a lot about how they formed in the USA, but BLM is clearly now international and much bigger.

Are they widening their focus too much? I don't think so, but their fringe supporters who want to pick and choose which examples of racism and oppression they oppose, may be put off.
    They are going after Starmer after he turned yellow on Zionism.

Heisenberg

They are going after Starmer after he turned yellow on Zionism.
    Why were you shocked about the statistics relating to homicides in the States between 1980 and 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Why were you shocked about the statistics relating to homicides in the States between 1980 and 2008?
    Because it was over 4 times the percentage of that groups population, I expected it to be a few percentage points higher than their percentage of the population due to a lesser standard of living on average but not by a multiple of 4, for a group that makes up about 1/8th of population to be responsible for the majority of all homicides I find shocking and I always try to look at things in context as well.

Heisenberg

Because it was over 4 times the percentage of that groups population, I expected it to be a few percentage points higher than their percentage of the population due to a lesser standard of living on average but not by a multiple of 4, for a group that makes up about 1/8th of population to be responsible for the majority of all homicides I find shocking and I always try to look at things in context as well.
    Let's talk about that context...

Living in abject poverty, poor housing, poor education, increases in gang culture, the introduction of crack cocaine in the 80s and it's longstanding impact on the black community, systemic racism that means that black people are more likely to be arrested for crimes that they didn't commit (don't forget that the statistics are for arrests not prosecutions)...

Despite knowing all of that context, you're surprised that black people were arrested for murder at a much higher proportion than the percentage of their population.

Why?

Let's talk about that context...

Living in abject poverty, poor housing, poor education, increases in gang culture, the introduction of crack cocaine in the 80s and it's longstanding impact on the black community, systemic racism that means that black people are more likely to be arrested for crimes that they didn't commit (don't forget that the statistics are for arrests not prosecutions)...

Despite knowing all of that context, you're surprised that black people were arrested for murder at a much higher proportion than the percentage of their population.

Why?
    It's not much higher, it's over 4 times higher, the majority of ALL homicides come from that group, I would expect a few percentage points higher but I would not have expected those figures.

BLM should stick to it's knitting. The UK chapter tweeting that 'British politics was gagged of the right to critique Zionism' is bound to upset a lot of people. Interesting that Spurs say the BLM movement has been highjacked by politics.

And well done Guardiola having a go at the FA for his £20,000 fine for wearing a political symbol supporting Catalan, while they are supporting an increasingly political movement via BLM

Heisenberg

It's not much higher, it's over 4 times higher, the majority of ALL homicides come from that group, I would expect a few percentage points higher but I would not have expected those figures.
    Why?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    BLM should stick to it's knitting. The UK chapter tweeting that 'British politics was gagged of the right to critique Zionism' is bound to upset a lot of people. Interesting that Spurs say the BLM movement has been highjacked by politics.

And well done Guardiola having a go at the FA for his £20,000 fine for wearing a political symbol supporting Catalan, while they are supporting an increasingly political movement via BLM
    I'm not happy to learn that they've Tweeted that. They need to focus on the one topic and stick to it to keep my support.

It's interesting that it's the "British chapter" that have done it... I didn't even know they had one.

It does feel like they are becoming overtly political now (of course the main issue they were focussing on is political in nature anyway) and if that trajectory continues then they will lose quite a bit of support.

Your point about the FA is bollocks though. Until that tweet, BLM have been shown to be an anti-racism group.

Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card are two large anti-racism groups already within football... Maybe they shouldn't be allowed any real estate to share their message in stadiums to because Pep wore a yellow ribbon and was punished?

Interesting today on Sky Sports that the Black Lives Matter badges on the pundits have been replaced with Kick It Out badges.

I notices a few players in the Hull-Boro game had hand written #BLM on their shirts - so assume the official BLM branding is now over?

Is this a corporate decision that Sky/EFL has done enough to promote BLM or is it a push back against something they think has overstepped?

Shame either way - I was hoping it would all carry on (NHS, BLM and taking the knee) to the end of the mini season.

I'm not happy to learn that they've Tweeted that. They need to focus on the one topic and stick to it to keep my support.

It's interesting that it's the "British chapter" that have done it... I didn't even know they had one.

It does feel like they are becoming overtly political now (of course the main issue they were focussing on is political in nature anyway) and if that trajectory continues then they will lose quite a bit of support.

Your point about the FA is bollocks though. Until that tweet, BLM have been shown to be an anti-racism group.

Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card are two large anti-racism groups already within football... Maybe they shouldn't be allowed any real estate to share their message in stadiums to because Pep wore a yellow ribbon and was punished?
    Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

If black lives matter so much why do they kill each other .

I get the bit about poverty generating certain crime, not sure if killing is justified though ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting today on Sky Sports that the Black Lives Matter badges on the pundits have been replaced with Kick It Out badges.

I notices a few players in the Hull-Boro game had hand written #BLM on their shirts - so assume the official BLM branding is now over?

Is this a corporate decision that Sky/EFL has done enough to promote BLM or is it a push back against something they think has overstepped?

Shame either way - I was hoping it would all carry on (NHS, BLM and taking the knee) to the end of the mini season.
    I think Joshua Virasami as a key leader in BLM UK along with his fellow UK leaders has done the movement a grave disservice by tweeting attacks on Israel and also calls to defund the police. Virasami also tweeted 'good riddance to an evil man' when Churchill's statue was covered up.

The UK donations to their Go Fund Me campaign stand at more than £1m but because they are not registered as a charity the accounts cannot be scrutinised.

Mix all this together and it takes the gloss from what should be a good movement for a good cause.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If black lives matter so much why do they kill each other .

I get the bit about poverty generating certain crime, not sure if killing is justified though ?
    You're a f**king idiot obviously a subtle racist, LoM. Fair play.

People who commit murder clearly don't respect any life... But, because of the black people who have killed other black people, let's just wonder whether black lives matter at all. Excellent post as always

Heisenberg

Why ?
    Why what?

Why what?
    What is wrong with the tweet ?

Heisenberg

What is wrong with the tweet ?
    Everything. It has nothing to do with Black Lives Matter, it's a political tweet about something unrelated.

Your turn to answer my previous question, for the umpteenth time.

If you can't answer it, just say so and I'll move on.

Every protest gets highjacked and as a result a dived an conquer occurs ,with regards to black lives matter I get it ,support it,fed up with it dictating every media narrative .

Sir Keir's kneeling in my view was staged a planned photo and not needed, he has the power to deliver a new way , let's see the policy, kneeling is just a gesture of the time clearly an attempt to appeal.

Everything. It has nothing to do with Black Lives Matter, it's a political tweet about something unrelated.

Your turn to answer my previous question, for the umpteenth time.

If you can't answer it, just say so and I'll move on.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...061234932.html
    Zionism is racism and there are some black people in Israel so the tweet was relevant and related to the BLM cause.

If 100 people were told that a group that makes up 1/8th of the population of a large first world country was responsible for over 50% of all homicides in that country I reckon that the vast majority of those 100 people would be shocked, I think I am in the vast majority of people in thinking it's a surprisingly high statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Every protest gets highjacked and as a result a dived an conquer occurs ,with regards to black lives matter I get it ,support it,fed up with it dictating every media narrative .

Sir Keir's kneeling in my view was staged a planned photo and not needed, he has the power to deliver a new way , let's see the policy, kneeling is just a gesture of the time clearly an attempt to appeal.
    Your guess is as good as mine

Zionism is racism and there are some black people in Israel so the tweet was relevant and related to the BLM cause.

If 100 people were told that a group that makes up 1/8th of the population of a large first world country was responsible for over 50% of all homicides in that country I reckon that the vast majority of those 100 people would be shocked, I think I am in the vast majority of people in thinking it's a surprisingly high statistic.
    I have to say I think your reply is spot on, I'm sure I will be abused by the usual crew 4ather than debate it , but hey sometimes it's good to support views .

Heisenberg

By that logic...

There's a lot of black people in France too. If they were posting tweets about Macron would you say that's relevant to BLM?

Would you tell the vast majority of those 100 people about the reasons why the numbers are obviously going to be considerably higher or just continue to be ignorant and pretend to be shocked?