+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bournemouth in the mire !!!!

Bournemouth in the mire !!!!

0-2 at home again

Playing really bad as well

Re: Bournemouth in the mire !!!!

More importantly, Derby 1 up against Preston.

4-0 down now (as are Norwich) - Bournemouth really need a result on the weekend or, unfortunately, it's only going to be one out of West Ham, Watford and Villa to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    4-0 down now (as are Norwich) - Bournemouth really need a result on the weekend or, unfortunately, it's only going to be one out of West Ham, Watford and Villa to go down.
    They seem to be in freefall, small Club at the end of the day and have had their 5 minutes in the sun. League 2 is on the cards. Sad to see.

Could go the way of Huddersfield.

Propped up by Russian *Maxim Demin's, I'm sure if they fall there will be a fire sale . Another Pompey ?

their dreadful recruitment finally caught up to them

Am I wrong or were they doing better before they spent a bit?

Between Watford and Villa now I think

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    They seem to be in freefall, small Club at the end of the day and have had their 5 minutes in the sun. League 2 is on the cards. Sad to see.
    Glass half full is it?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Am I wrong or were they doing better before they spent a bit?
    I think you maybe right.
    When they were playing, what I would call, try-ers, ie: players putting the effort in, they were surviving.

They spend millions, on wannabe’s and look where they are.

Know it’s stinks of bias, but Brooks was the only one putting some effort into his game

I want them to stay up, got a bit of a welsh contingent there, although I suppose Wilson is on loan

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think you maybe right.
    When they were playing, what I would call, try-ers, ie: players putting the effort in, they were surviving.

They spend millions, on wannabe’s and look where they are.

Know it’s stinks of bias, but Brooks was the only one putting some effort into his game
    They had a good spirit and a load of them had come through the league's, I know you can't do it forever and I suppose after a while it's inevitable teams will gamble. Makes you wonder if it's all worth it.

Good.

Have they paid their fines for breaking Financial Fair Play rules.

Man is wired to overreach.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They had a good spirit and a load of them had come through the league's, I know you can't do it forever and I suppose after a while it's inevitable teams will gamble. Makes you wonder if it's all worth it.
    They’ve had 5 years in Premier League,Jacks had 7 years, we’re a much bigger club than both and could easily establish ourselves in in the top League with the right Manager, look at Leicester,Southampton,Burnley and Wolves. We have a bigger Catchment area than any of these clubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    They’ve had 5 years in Premier League,Jacks had 7 years, we’re a much bigger club than both and could easily establish ourselves in in the top League with the right Manager, look at Leicester,Southampton,Burnley and Wolves. We have a bigger Catchment area than any of these clubs!
    We don’t have the football heritage of any of those clubs.

Aside from Burnley the others are far bigger clubs and I’d rather yo-yo / stay in the Championship than survive in the Premier League Burnley style.

Sean Dyche is Warnock on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Aside from Burnley the others are far bigger clubs and I’d rather yo-yo / stay in the Championship than survive in the Premier League Burnley style.

Have to disagree with that. If Dyche and Burnley finish in the top half of the Premier league, then that will be a remarkable achievement for a club of their size and budget.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Have to disagree with that. If Dyche and Burnley finish in the top half of the Premier league, then that will be a remarkable achievement for a club of their size and budget.
    Agreed, Burnley are more than just a Warnock style long ball team, Dyche has not been in management anywhere near as long as Warnock has, but he's done more at the top level than our ex manager in less than a quarter of the time - we really missed out when our attempt to bring him in as Assistant Manager failed.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

He’s a lot more savvy than Warnock, a lot more likeable too. Burnley qualified for Europe a few years ago. I wouldn’t have knocked a trip to Aberdeen and Olypimpiakos.

I also think if at a bigger club with more resources he could adapt his style of play. He’s on record I think for saying Burnley’s style suits the players and resources he has. I’d be interested to see how he would do at a so called bigger club.

Bournemouth have 1 point from their last 8 matches and they haven't won since the 1st February. They're surely doomed.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    He’s a lot more savvy than Warnock, a lot more likeable too. Burnley qualified for Europe a few years ago. I wouldn’t have knocked a trip to Aberdeen and Olypimpiakos.

I also think if at a bigger club with more resources he could adapt his style of play. He’s on record I think for saying Burnley’s style suits the players and resources he has. I’d be interested to see how he would do at a so called bigger club.
    But look how well Moyes did with limited resources at Everton and what happened when he went to a 'bigger' club with far more potentially available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But look how well Moyes did with limited resources at Everton and what happened when he went to a 'bigger' club with far more potentially available to him.
    Fair point that, although I think Dyche to Man United is reaching a bit. That said I couldn't believe Georgie thought Moyes would be the real deal.

I was thinking more of a Newcastle, West Ham, Villa or Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    And importantly the right board

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Absolutely. It will be remarkable, but it won’t be pretty.

Shaun Dyche loves a 1-0. His system is very much built on being well organised, difficult to break down and get it forward early to the 2 big lumps upfront. Nick a goal and batten down the hatches.

It’s slightly more refined than Warnocks hoofball in that they have 1 or 2 players comfortable in possession but it’s not that different. He’s just got better strikers than we had last season.