+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Messageboard Member’s Schools

International

Re: Messageboard Member’s Schools

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Debatable we used to go to Countisbury shops, Llanrumney, the pub in Trowbridge (I can never remember the name of it), + The Fox & Hounds in St Mellon’s.

Always caught the 44 bus, which was Llanrumney

Where’s the border ???
    uuuhh! The bridge!! doh!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    St Illtyd's wasn't it and isn't in Rumney or Llanrumney, its in St Melons !!
    I was told that when we moved there. Far to posh to be the other two.

But....... on its website it givers the postal address as Rumney
    Its playing fields backed onto Rumney High school.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cefn Onn Primary then Llanishen High
    When were you in Cefn Onn?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Its playing fields backed onto Rumney High school.
    Caer- Castell in our day

Some lovely ladies () went there

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Mr Mold and Mr Cleal Harding , PE

Pair of rugby nazis

Hence Ackerman taking us for football

We had a good side , I pulled the strings in midfield , crooky from the docks , our version of a hard drinking george best , even though he was only 13 , stuck them away
    Haven't seen Jerry Cleall Harding for years

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When were you in Cefn Onn?
    Left in 79. You?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    St Illtyd's wasn't it and isn't in Rumney or Llanrumney, its in St Melons !!
    I was told that when we moved there. Far to posh to be the other two.

But....... on its website it givers the postal address as Rumney
    I live in St Mellons, but websites often list my address as Trowbridge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Left in 79. You?
    My kids were there from 1985 when my daughter started nursery.

I was Chair of Governors there in the 90's and early 00's

In St Illtyds, when it moved to Llanrumney, we used to have a geography teacher (Mr Hobbs), who would have a pint with us in the dinner hour, in the Fox & Hounds !!!
    We had a mutual agreement, we wouldn’t tell on him , he wouldn’t tell on us
    I remember Hobbs. I think that he went on an Antarctic expedition with Vivian Fuchs in the Fifties. I seem to recall him showing us a film of him there. Bit of a character although there were a few at the time I was there. Pedro Welch and his brother, Edgar, who would walk down the corridors shouting "Gangway, Naval Officer" and any kid who got in the way would get a smack across the head!! Happy Days!

St Peters for my Infant and Junior Schools.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I remember Hobbs. I think that he went on an Antarctic expedition with Vivian Fuchs in the Fifties. I seem to recall him showing us a film of him there. Bit of a character although there were a few at the time I was there. Pedro Welch and his brother, Edgar, who would walk down the corridors shouting "Gangway, Naval Officer" and any kid who got in the way would get a smack across the head!! Happy Days!

St Peters for my Infant and Junior Schools.
    Remember all of them and your right about Hobbs showing the film of him on that trip.

Can you remember Edgar chinning brother Augustine, in an argument about his brother ??

How old are you, won’t ask your name as some don’t like giving it out on here, but where did you live at the time

Was at St Illtyd's 1959-64 so always at the Splott site. Lived in Roath. Don't recall the incident but I wish the same had happened to Bro. Claude. Grade A sadist imo.

Windsor Clive, infants and juniors. High school was Glen Ely, we were the first pupils in a brand new school.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Windsor Clive, infants and juniors. High school was Glen Ely, we were the first pupils in a brand new school.
    Our old school has just been demolished!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Peterlea, Pentrebane (pupil number one of the school register there!) and Cantonian (spent most of my sixth form time there on the mitch mind).
    Joe Ledley’s old school

Remember all of them and your right about Hobbs showing the film of him on that trip.

Can you remember Edgar chinning brother Augustine, in an argument about his brother ??

How old are you, won’t ask your name as some don’t like giving it out on here, but where did you live at the time
    For my sins my schooling was St.Josephs Infants, De La Salle Juniors and then St.illtyds (one year in Splott followed by Rumney). I too remember those teachers. Wasn’t Jack Hobbs Antarctic explorer mate Wally Herbert?

I don’t recall the Brother Augustine/Edgar Welch incident but do recall that a pupil nutted Augustine aka ‘Block Head’ or have I made that up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Taff in Tala View Post
    For my sins my schooling was St.Josephs Infants, De La Salle Juniors and then St.illtyds (one year in Splott followed by Rumney). I too remember those teachers. Wasn’t Jack Hobbs Antarctic explorer mate Wally Herbert?

I don’t recall the Brother Augustine/Edgar Welch incident but do recall that a pupil nutted Augustine aka ‘Block Head’ or have I made that up?!
    I think “block head” was brother Adrian, and KM, from Cathays whacked him with a sock full of golf balls

PS:——- from your years and location, I bet I know you

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder what infants, junior and senior schools messageboarders attended and which ones would be top of the list?

Mine are infants-St Francis (Ely), junior- St Albans (Splott) & senior-Lady Mary.
    Great thread : Pen Y Bryn Junior, Llanrumney ( Borstal ) High School ,survived the lot with scars ,lol 😀

Debatable we used to go to Countisbury shops, Llanrumney, the pub in Trowbridge (I can never remember the name of it), + The Fox & Hounds in St Mellon’s.

Always caught the 44 bus, which was Llanrumney

Where’s the border ???
    In St Mellons old Village you had the Bluebell, White Hart ,The Starr , then across the road the Fox n Hounds ,good old Countisbury Shops was the Infamous Goodies , and Llanrumney Hall ,good old fighting lands .

[QUOTE=Majorblue;5093411]St Anne’s primary and Northumberland Park Comp in Tottenham and then Llantwit Major Comp.[/QUOT

Gosh that's a leap and I guess a different types of school experience??

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    Cefn Onn Infants and juniors
    Heol Hir High School then change to Llanishen high
    What year did you go to Heol Hir. Did the name change when you were there, can't remember when it was.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In St Mellons old Village you had the Bluebell, White Hart ,The Starr , then across the road the Fox n Hounds ,good old Countisbury Shops was the Infamous Goodies , and Llanrumney Hall ,good old fighting lands .
    The nearest pub to St Illtyds hasn’t had a mention yet......The Witla Court, an old mansion house on the Witla Court estate which was a pub from the 60s to the 80s, demolished now.

I think “block head” was brother Adrian, and KM, from Cathays whacked him with a sock full of golf balls

PS:——- from your years and location, I bet I know you
    Ah yes your correct Block Head was Brother Adrian! I agree and I should know you. I had an elder brother three years ahead of me if that’s a clue.

Ah yes your correct Block Head was Brother Adrian! I agree and I should know you. I had an elder brother three years ahead of me if that’s a clue.
    Na, brain not working

If you went to St Joe’s, you may know the names Francis Couchlin, Kevin maunder, Peter scully

Na, brain not working

If you went to St Joe’s, you may know the names Francis Couchlin, Kevin maunder, Peter scully
    I was only in St.Joe’s for a year but I remember the names as mentioned. Francis’s father was a police officer, same as my father was. Kevin was a bit of a lad as I recall and Peter Scully I remember. Lots of others, Keith Chadwick, Michael Dee, Dodger Wright, Verdun Thorne.......I could go on.

I was only in St.Joe’s for a year but I remember the names as mentioned. Francis’s father was a police officer, same as my father was. Kevin was a bit of a lad as I recall and Peter Scully I remember. Lots of others, Keith Chadwick, Michael Dee, Dodger Wright, Verdun Thorne.......I could go on.
    Gotta know you