+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Re: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it could be argued that the sight of a black man being suffocated with a knee on his neck possibly meant normal law abiding citizens thought feck this shit I am getting out on the streets to protest

Whereas a lot of people went out in england this weekend thinking feck me I am dying for a pint

Call it NICK picking but I would say that it may not have been perfect that several thousand people broke social isolation rules during the protests , but they had a just cause , racial oppression

But the half a million who went flooding into bournemouth in the sun last week and the thousands who were blocking soho , pissed up and doing the same in other cities up and down the country had the excuse .......well they wanted a pint , didnt they ?

Boris slags off the protestors yet says bravo to the piss artists

Strange world
    Poor old Nick, being made an escape goat

Hows that then ?
    picking and choosing what to denounce based on your own views.

Both things will result in a spike of infections, but because one is protesting against 'racism' it's fine

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    picking and choosing what to denounce based on your own views.

Both things will result in a spike of infections, but because one is protesting against 'racism' it's fine
    Not saying it's fine but one set of people were out there fighting against racism and it clearly was racism

The other lot were hedonistic people trying to get a sun tan and this weekend get pissed up

No comparison

Not saying it's fine but one set of people were out there fighting against racism and it clearly was racism

The other lot were hedonistic people trying to get a sun tan and this weekend get pissed up

No comparison
    You do think it's fine because you're trying to justify the protests while at the same time denouncing the people who went to beaches, if you had an issue with the protests you wouldn't make excuses for them.

I'm not denying what happened to George Floyd was racist, I'm trying to understand why his death justifies mass protests (as well as attacks on our police) in this country. We aren't America, racism and police brutality that exists there can't be copy and pasted here.

The protestors who were out for the black lives matter movement would argue they had just cause to protest

The people who went out last night would argue they had every right to go on the piss

I know who's side I favour
    Why the hell do you have to pick a side? Why not just criticise all of the idiots involved?

I favour neither of the mass breaking of social distancing rules wether that be to protest, to top up your tan or to have a few drinks.

You just sound gutted that there wasn’t large scale drunken disorder yesterday just so you can say “Told you so”.

Police seem like they had an easier night last night than any of the protests or the block parties / raves they’ve had to break up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why the hell do you have to pick a side? Why not just criticise all of the idiots involved?

I favour neither of the mass breaking of social distancing rules wether that be to protest, to top up your tan or to have a few drinks.

You just sound gutted that there wasn’t large scale drunken disorder yesterday just so you can say “Told you so”.

Police seem like they had an easier night last night than any of the protests or the block parties / raves they’ve had to break up.
    I've said this several times today but there are no so deaf ........etc.

You do think it's fine because you're trying to justify the protests while at the same time denouncing the people who went to beaches, if you had an issue with the protests you wouldn't make excuses for them.

I'm not denying what happened to George Floyd was racist, I'm trying to understand why his death justifies mass protests (as well as attacks on our police) in this country. We aren't America, racism and police brutality that exists there can't be copy and pasted here.
    Racism and police brutality needs to be challenged wherever it happens

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

That sounds like you are picking sides

Racism and police brutality needs to be challenged wherever it happens
    so you're okay with the protests then? thanks for proving my point.

so you're okay with the protests then? thanks for proving my point.
    No you soppy clown

I am saying I can understand why people were angry enough with racism to take the streets

I cannot understand why people went out and got pissed on saturday , what cause were they supporting ?

The damaged liver appreciation society ?

No you soppy clown

I am saying I can understand why people were angry enough with racism to take the streets

I cannot understand why people went out and got pissed on saturday , what cause were they supporting ?

The damaged liver appreciation society ?
    "Racism and police brutality needs to be challenged wherever it happens"

sounds like a direct endorsement

Maybe they want to support the economy? Guess we can all come up for justifications for why people would break social distancing rules

"Racism and police brutality needs to be challenged wherever it happens"

sounds like a direct endorsement

Maybe they want to support the economy? Guess we can all come up for justifications for why people would break social distancing rules
    Course they were , they were supporting the economy , brave warriors that they were

They were a bunch of chancers , as were the idiots who flooded the beach at bournemouth

Let's say a number of prominent mps were arrested and charged with child abuse offences this summer and it leaked out all over the internet that they had been filming what went on . They were caught on camera and were bang to rights .

They are given police protection

Several thousand people break the lockdown , many being parents of young children and are involved in scuffles with the police

These people broke the lockdown but they had a cause they believed in . And I would fully understand why they broke the lockdown

But the thousands of people pissed up in soho falling over each other ?

The save the economy society ?

They are just a bunch of idiotic piss artists , no cause , just hedonistic

International

Course they were , they were supporting the economy , brave warriors that they were

They were a bunch of chancers , as were the idiots who flooded the beach at bournemouth

Let's say a number of prominent mps were arrested and charged with child abuse offences this summer and it leaked out all over the internet that they had been filming what went on . They were caught on camera and were bang to rights .

Several thousand people break the lockdown , many being parents of young children and are involved in scuffles with the police

These people broke the lockdown but they had a cause they believed in . And I would fully understand why they broke the lockdown

You really are looking for a piece of driftwood to cling to now!

what the **** are you rambling on about

what the **** are you rambling on about
    Well you suggested anyone could find an excuse for breaking the lockdown

I have offered police racism and child abuse

You have suggested drunk people trying to kick start the economy

I know who I am siding with when it comes to just cause

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You really are looking for a piece of driftwood to cling to now!
    Llandaff blue suggested anyone could find a reason or cause to break the lockdown

So here are two causes I think most people would understand people breaking a lockdown for

Racism and child sexual abusers being shielded

Llandaff blue thinks people getting pissed up in soho and falling over each other also have just cause for breaking social distancing

I have my concerns about that

Well you suggested anyone could find an excuse for breaking the lockdown

I have offered police racism and child abuse

You have suggested drunk people trying to kick start the economy

I know who I am siding with when it comes to just cause
    You've missed the point, again. It's not about picking sides, it's about acknowledging both BLM protests and any other mass gatherings (beaches, people congregating outside pubs) is wrong as they both break the rules that are set out and will result in potential infections, the virus doesn't care that you're protesting racism. You criticised Boris for denouncing one and congratulating the other, while doing the exact same thing yourself. Hypocritical moron

You've missed the point, again. It's not about picking sides, it's about acknowledging both BLM protests and any other mass gatherings (beaches, people congregating outside pubs) is wrong as they both break the rules that are set out and will result in potential infections, the virus doesn't care that you're protesting racism. You criticised Boris for denouncing one and congratulating the other, while doing the exact same thing yourself. Hypocritical moron
    I will continue to understand why people with strong feelings break social isolation for just causes , wether it's right or wrong is up to the police and courts

You continue to side with people who are just happy to go out and get leathered

Llandaff blue suggested anyone could find a reason or cause to break the lockdown

So here are two causes I think most people would understand people breaking a lockdown for

Racism and child sexual abusers being shielded

Llandaff blue thinks people getting pissed up in soho and falling over each other also have just cause for breaking social distancing

I have my concerns about that
    No I don't, you are actually thick as shit. My response about supporting the economy was flippant, that is quite obvious if you are capable of reading the conversation. I am pointing out your hypocrisy

I will continue to understand why people with strong feelings break social isolation for just causes , wether it's right or wrong is up to the police and courts

You continue to side with people who are just happy to go out and get leathered
    It's not about picking sides, it's about acknowledging both BLM protests and any other mass gatherings (beaches, people congregating outside pubs) is wrong
    taken your meds tonight mate?

taken your meds tonight mate?
    What meds are those ?

I may not be the equivalent of einstein but I do ok

Went to a pub in Brixton. Didn't see any carnage much to your disappointment.

Fact of the matter is at some point they had to reopen, or do we just sit about twiddling our thumbs until a vaccine is maybe made?

I assume you will be sticking to the 2m and not attending any events with social gatherings until such a vaccine is produced?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

Fact of the matter is at some point they had to reopen, or do we just sit about twiddling our thumbs until a vaccine is maybe made?

I assume you will be sticking to the 2m and not attending any events with social gatherings until such a vaccine is produced?
    Well a lot of medical experts think this pub lark is a step too far , too quickly

The inept management of this virus is one reason why it has lingered in the uk so long

I dont bother with pubs but certainly wont be going to any metal gigs for a long time if that answers your question

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

Out of interest, did everyone ‘out’ maintain the social distancing measures, was everyone able to?

Genuine question.