+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Went to a pub in Brixton. Didn't see any carnage much to your disappointment.

Fact of the matter is at some point they had to reopen, or do we just sit about twiddling our thumbs until a vaccine is maybe made?

I assume you will be sticking to the 2m and not attending any events with social gatherings until such a vaccine is produced?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Went to a pub in Brixton. Didn't see any carnage much to your disappointment.

Fact of the matter is at some point they had to reopen, or do we just sit about twiddling our thumbs until a vaccine is maybe made?

I assume you will be sticking to the 2m and not attending any events with social gatherings until such a vaccine is produced?
    Out of interest, did everyone ‘out’ maintain the social distancing measures, was everyone able to?

Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Out of interest, did everyone ‘out’ maintain the social distancing measures, was everyone able to?

Genuine question.
    We were placed in a booth in a very large beer garden so we kept to ourselves, the indoors of the pub wasn't open for sitting in, though the bar was which was the thing I found most surprising, that you could go to the bar. Generally speaking I don't think people got up apart from to get a drink/toilet, probably as much social distancing observed in your average supermarket, people trying but not always possible.

Certainly wasn't much intergroup mingling or standing around - the staff were pretty keen on checking up on people.

It won't last though.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We were placed in a booth in a very large beer garden so we kept to ourselves, the indoors of the pub wasn't open for sitting in, though the bar was which was the thing I found most surprising, that you could go to the bar. Generally speaking I don't think people got up apart from to get a drink/toilet, probably as much social distancing observed in your average supermarket, people trying but not always possible.

Certainly wasn't much intergroup mingling or standing around - the staff were pretty keen on checking up on people.

It won't last though.
    Cheers butt.

Like social distancing since the March lockdown, I think most people will start of with good intentions but familiarity with the restrictions in pubs will inevitably see people become more lax in observing them.

The next few weeks will prove interesting.