+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

International

Re: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Be fair, the story was really about 2 men fighting outside a pub and a girl falling over

International

There are people on this thread trying to post stories showing the whole country drunk and rioting on Saturday. But the real truth is it passed of relatively quietly, much quieter than a normal Saturday afternoon/night in a lot of places, which considering that the people hadn't been out to the pub for about 15 weeks shows a remarkable level of good decision making really.

what is really happening is that a certain number of people were so determined that saturday was going to be mayhem and "Carnage" so they could blame the government are so gutted that it didn't happen that they are trawling everywhere the can to find a single story that backs up their claim.
    They posted all the trouble as 'Fact' before it ever happened and don't have the balls to admit they were wrong.
    It didn't happen - get over it!! People should be happy it didn't instead of desperately trying to prove that it did.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There are people on this thread trying to post stories showing the whole country drunk and rioting on Saturday. But the real truth is it passed of relatively quietly, much quieter than a normal Saturday afternoon/night in a lot of places, which considering that the people hadn't been out to the pub for about 15 weeks shows a remarkable level of good decision making really.

what is really happening is that a certain number of people were so determined that saturday was going to be mayhem and "Carnage" so they could blame the government are so gutted that it didn't happen that they are trawling everywhere the can to find a single story that backs up their claim.
    They posted all the trouble as 'Fact' before it ever happened and don't have the balls to admit they were wrong.
    It didn't happen - get over it!! People should be happy it didn't instead of desperately trying to prove that it did.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be fair your defence of your mate is admirable.

On to his next feck up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ����������

To be fair your defence of your mate is admirable.

On to his next feck up.
    A perfect example of what I mean. firstly by he I assume you mean Boris Johnson. He is not 'my mate'.
    Secondly you still will not concede that last saturday was not the carnage confidently predicted. The vast majority of reports seem to say the opposite.
    But hey, it doesn't matter, you just keep on with your blinkered view of everything. If you want to beleive it was carnage then go on believing it.
    But lets seem what happens when Wales is 'unlocked'.

Quite quiet still round my neck of the woods (middle class, zone 2 south London). Had a pub crawl of sorts round my square mile before the derby kicked off to have a nose and only one out of five I passed was open, mainly catering for clients outside.

Well far from the madding crowds, my corner of England went as follows:

8.5 mile walk around Porlock/Bossington Bay area on Saturday. Finished off with a pint of Exmoor beast in a pub garden filled with happy faces and acting very responsibly. Fish and chips followed.
    9.5 mile walk west of Porlock Weir and finished off with a pint of Exmoor Stag in a pub garden filled with happy faces and acting very responsibly.

No rioting or inappropriate contact observed.

TBG
    Somerset
    News At Eleven

1000 complaints in Cornwall

BBC News - Coronavirus: 'Crystal clear' drunk people will not socially distance
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53296689

Soho looked busy mind with not much trouble if any reported.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Not all negative news from the article.

Addressing concerns raised by Mr Apter, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said people had largely acted responsibly, saying the "vast majority of people are, I think, doing the right thing".

He told Sky News' Sophy Ridge: "Overall I'm pleased with what happened yesterday, it was really good to see people out and about and very largely social distancing."

Sir Simon Stevens, NHS England chief executive, told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Pleasingly, we did not see last night the kind of scenes that people feared might be. It was the foolish few, but the sensible majority."

Rob Moore, paramedic at the West Midlands Ambulance Service, told BBC Breakfast it had been a "really average" night shift in his area.

"We were really prepared for a sudden upsurge in calls related to people being out drinking but it hasn't happened thankfully," he said. "Hopefully it's a sign people have heeded the advice and had a sensible night."

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

The people of Devon and Cornwall are all bent out of shape because people have been flocking to the coast for a holiday or to their holiday homes.

I imagine West Wales are going to be the same once the caravan parks open up down there.

Ive booked a cottage for 4 days near Tenby / Saundersfoot at the end of August as I had an Air B&B voucher to use after Croatia got cancelled. They requested we take our own food or order for an online delivery and dont use the local supermarkets. I can live with that. Well be ordering chinese from my favourite chinese Sao Mao in Saundersfoot on at least 2 of the 4 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The people of Devon and Cornwall are all bent out of shape because people have been flocking to the coast for a holiday or to their holiday homes.

I imagine West Wales are going to be the same once the caravan parks open up down there.

Ive booked a cottage for 4 days near Tenby / Saundersfoot at the end of August as I had an Air B&B voucher to use after Croatia got cancelled. They requested we take our own food or order for an online delivery and dont use the local supermarkets. I can live with that. Well be ordering chinese from my favourite chinese Sao Mao in Saundersfoot on at least 2 of the 4 nights.
    Why dont you cook the chinese yourself , given your ancestry?

Be a shame to waste money

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Out of interest, did everyone ‘out’ maintain the social distancing measures, was everyone able to?

Genuine question.
    We were placed in a booth in a very large beer garden so we kept to ourselves, the indoors of the pub wasn't open for sitting in, though the bar was which was the thing I found most surprising, that you could go to the bar. Generally speaking I don't think people got up apart from to get a drink/toilet, probably as much social distancing observed in your average supermarket, people trying but not always possible.

Certainly wasn't much intergroup mingling or standing around - the staff were pretty keen on checking up on people.

It won't last though.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Nice Matt. I notice you forgot to use many of these () in your post though. You feeling alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We were placed in a booth in a very large beer garden so we kept to ourselves, the indoors of the pub wasn't open for sitting in, though the bar was which was the thing I found most surprising, that you could go to the bar. Generally speaking I don't think people got up apart from to get a drink/toilet, probably as much social distancing observed in your average supermarket, people trying but not always possible.

Certainly wasn't much intergroup mingling or standing around - the staff were pretty keen on checking up on people.

It won't last though.
    Cheers butt.

Like social distancing since the March lockdown, I think most people will start of with good intentions but familiarity with the restrictions in pubs will inevitably see people become more lax in observing them.

The next few weeks will prove interesting.