+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Re: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So are we now blaming Boris if theres lots of drunken aggro?
    The guys a dick, but people have got to be responsible for their own actions.
    I think choosing Saturday 4 July with the implications that day and date brings is certainly questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think choosing Saturday 4 July with the implications that day and date brings is certainly questionable.
    American independence day has never been a big thing over here. The type to get involved in pub brawls probably wouldn't even know about it 😁

American independence day has never been a big thing over here. The type to get involved in pub brawls probably wouldn't even know about it ��

The crew cut, bare chested, T shirt around waist, flip-flop, cotton shorts, wearing brigade, will think it’s about Will Smith

So are we now blaming Boris if theres lots of drunken aggro?
    The guys a dick, but people have got to be responsible for their own actions.
    Yes its another in his list of complete feck ups.

The trust in the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes its another in his list of complete feck ups.

The trust in the people.
    The good old blame culture. Alive and kicking.
    Ive had a skin full and I'm gonna kick your head in, but its all Boris’s fault.

Johnson is a libertarian , hes a right wing tory who believes in personal freedom

Hes given people personal freedom to go out and get leathered despite scientists saying it's too early

If it does go tits up , hes to blame because he has the ultimate power to stop it

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Johnson is a libertarian , hes a right wing tory who believes in personal freedom

Hes given people personal freedom to go out and get leathered despite scientists saying it's too early

If it does go tits up , hes to blame because he has the ultimate power to stop it
    I agree en tirely. In fact he has he power to stop all drink related offences completely. Never reopen the pubs. I think its a great idea.
    I think all injuries from drunken incidents should be laid fairly and squarely at his door. He is untimately responsible. He has the power to stop it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The crew cut, bare chested, T shirt around waist, flip-flop, cotton shorts, wearing brigade, will think it’s about Will Smith
    Who's Will smith?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Who's Will smith?
    Think outside the box, put your brain in gear

I’ll give you some clues !!!

1) it’s a film
    2) he’s an actor
    3) July 4th
    4) it’s what July the 4th is called

Are you getting there yet

International

Think outside the box, put your brain in gear

I’ll give you some clues !!!

1) it’s a film
    2) he’s an actor
    3) July 4th
    4) it’s what July the 4th is called

Are you getting there yet
    I know the date,
    I know the day,
    I know the film,
    I've watched the film,

but I have no idea who Will smith is. From what you say I assume he is one of the actors in it. I probably care even less.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

So the drunken arseholes who start any nonsense will be blameless then? The pubs and bars would have to open eventually. Is it only Boris’s fault if it kicks off on the July 4th.we all know Johnsons a buffoon, but blaming him for drunken scrapping is as daft as blaming the pub landlord.

Well the drunks didn't open the pubs did they.

So the drunken arseholes who start any nonsense will be blameless then? The pubs and bars would have to open eventually. Is it only Boris’s fault if it kicks off on the July 4th.we all know Johnsons a buffoon, but blaming him for drunken scrapping is as daft as blaming the pub landlord.
    I agree you can’t blame the bumbling beanbag for any dickheads that’ll start performing after one too many Top Decks but he may have to accept some responsibility for going against police and medical advice in opening up the way he’s ultimately decided.

I’m sure he’ll absolve himself of any blame though.

Nottingham Post.jpg

Front page of the Nottingham Post yesterday, apparently pubs will be checking ids to make sure you're from Nottingham and not from Derby/Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I agree you can’t blame the bumbling beanbag for any dickheads that’ll start performing after one too many Top Decks but he may have to accept some responsibility for going against police and medical advice in opening up the way he’s ultimately decided.

People are ultimately responsible for their own behaviour. Absolutely.

But if the pubs weren't open they wouldn't be able to go out and act like dicks in an enclosed area full of alcohol.

The beaches were closed, soon as they opened people were fighting, it's inevitable it will happen in the pubs, but I suppose that'll happen if they open them now or in December as well and will soon fizzle out.

Heisenberg

Scene: House of Commons - PMQs
    [Following the carnage of the weekend of July 4th]
    Boris Johnson approaches the mic - clearly still pissed from Saturday:-

B.J: "Uh-buhuhub-um... Thank you, umm, Mr Speaker. Umm.. Would the right honourabable gentleman, care... umm, care to point out ... umm.. where I said that the pubs.. that the... uh...pubs in England, could open on July 4th?"

*Cut to black*
    Curb Your Enthusiasm Theme Plays

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People are ultimately responsible for their own behaviour. Absolutely.

But if the pubs weren't open they wouldn't be able to go out and act like dicks in an enclosed area full of alcohol.

The beaches were closed, soon as they opened people were fighting, it's inevitable it will happen in the pubs, but I suppose that'll happen if they open them now or in December as well and will soon fizzle out.
    I agree with you.

I like a good analogy to try to explain things to people - so for those who are defending Boris, how's this...

Boris Johnson legalises all gun ownership in the UK again. People are ultimately responsible for using them and potentially killing people. Boris Johnson's hands are clean as he didn't pull the trigger, in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I agree with you.

I like a good analogy to try to explain things to people - so for those who are defending Boris, how's this...

Boris Johnson legalises all gun ownership in the UK again. People are ultimately responsible for using them and potentially killing people. Boris Johnson's hands are clean as he didn't pull the trigger, in your eyes.
    "OMg wHy do The LeFtIes kEEp bLamiNg BorIs"

International

But if everything goes OK will you say 'OK the police were wrong on this occasion and Boris was right' or will you just say he was lucky and it will happen next weekend?

Heisenberg

But if everything goes OK will you say 'OK the police were wrong on this occasion and Boris was right' or will you just say he was lucky and it will happen next weekend?
    Are "right" and "lucky" mutually exclusive?

International

Are "right" and "lucky" mutually exclusive?
    If you're lucky they are!

They're letting them open at 6am! I agree that people have to take responsibility for their own actions but letting them open that early is insane https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1...644563456?s=20

Scene: House of Commons - PMQs
    [Following the carnage of the weekend of July 4th]
    Boris Johnson approaches the mic - clearly still pissed from Saturday:-

B.J: "Uh-buhuhub-um... Thank you, umm, Mr Speaker. Umm.. Would the right honourabable gentleman, care... umm, care to point out ... umm.. where I said that the pubs.. that the... uh...pubs in England, could open on July 4th?"

*Cut to black*
    Curb Your Enthusiasm Theme Plays
    That’s a decent attempt to parody a reality that already feels like a parody.

Do you actually think about what you’re trying to say or just bang your head upon the keyboard and hope for the best?

I suppose if we're expecting a bit of bother then we should predict the region. I'm going for South East England-Town-Hastings-Weather pending of course.