+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

International

Re: Is it going to kick off this weekend in the pubs in england ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Loads of fighting in Nottinghamshire

And I am sure loads of other places too

Soho packed from midday , no social distancing

The great british public

Thank feck it wasnt hot

We will fight them on the beaches !

I just read a report on BBC where Nottingham police had arrested a total of 4 people and that 2 landlord had closed voluntarily. The police had not heeded to close any place. They probably arrest more than 4 on a normal weekend night.
    The same article had mention of various other places and about 10 pictures of crowds in the streets. But if you look carefully they were all pictures of the same crowd in the same street. Just the journalists at it again trying to make a story from nothing.
    The only real question is what affect it has on the infection rate and we won’t know that for about 2 weeks.

Loads of fighting in Nottinghamshire

And I am sure loads of other places too

Soho packed from midday , no social distancing

The great british public

Thank feck it wasnt hot

We will fight them on the beaches !
    A "friend" of mine went to Cheddar Gorge yesterday
    It was busy but everyone was respectful of social distancing
    Went in the local pub after a decent walk , everyone had to keep their distances , a telephone number and address had to be given over before you were served .
    Heard a local say they were surprised how quiet and civilised it was .
    I guess the carnage didn't get to Cheddar ...?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    if you are stopping at exeter service station, they have a " chow " place, serves fairly decent food for a service station
    For future reference Exeter Services is manic during the summer months especially in the evening as holidaymakers spend the night there so they can get an early start the next day.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Went in the local pub after a decent walk , everyone had to keep their distances , a telephone number and address had to be given over before you were served .
    I was in England yesterday until about 10 PM. I passed several pubs and didn’t see a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I just read a report on BBC where Nottingham police had arrested a total of 4 people and that 2 landlord had closed voluntarily. The police had not heeded to close any place. They probably arrest more than 4 on a normal weekend night.
    The same article had mention of various other places and about 10 pictures of crowds in the streets. But if you look carefully they were all pictures of the same crowd in the same street. Just the journalists at it again trying to make a story from nothing.
    The only real question is what affect it has on the infection rate and we won’t know that for about 2 weeks.
    Not the report or pictures I saw

I will see if I can dig them up

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Well cheddar is always going to tow the line isnt it ?

John Apter , head of the police federation said his officers in Southampton had to deal with angry drunks and officers were assaulted . It was his opinion it was clear the british public we are unable to socially distance when the pubs were reopened .

Just had a look at the metro and there are photos of soho , packed with drunk people , as the police move through them .

This will have been mirrored throughout most major towns and cities in england

Thank god it wasnt good weather

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...llers-22303705

Carnage

Super Saturday. The bufoon strikes again.

International

Well the Nottingham policeman I was paraphrasing is Insp Craig Berry. Perhaps you could give him a ring and see if he tells you he was lying.
    One woman passed out and another one being sick! Wow!! That happens in Cardiff every friday and saturday night but more than just 1 girl.
    The whole Mirror report is trying to make something out of nothing. None of the photos are directly attributed to any part of the report and being the sceptic I am I'd bet a pound to a penny the majority of them are archive pictures.
    They have to try and prove they were right even while they know the were at worst wrong or at best grossly exaggerated what was going to happen. The report is reporting a non-event. As I said, worse things happen in town centre every weekend when the pubs are open normally.

Well the Nottingham policeman I was paraphrasing is Insp Craig Berry. Perhaps you could give him a ring and see if he tells you he was lying.
    One woman passed out and another one being sick! Wow!! That happens in Cardiff every friday and saturday night but more than just 1 girl.
    The whole Mirror report is trying to make something out of nothing. None of the photos are directly attributed to any part of the report and being the sceptic I am I'd bet a pound to a penny the majority of them are archive pictures.
    They have to try and prove they were right even while they know the were at worst wrong or at best grossly exaggerated what was going to happen. The report is reporting a non-event. As I said, worse things happen in town centre every weekend when the pubs are open normally.
    Yes but its not a normal weekend.!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes but its not a normal weekend.!!
    Exactly, it is a weekend when all the doom and gloom merchants, both on here and in the media were confidently predicting mayhem, that never occurred.
    See this Report from the BBC:
    It is "crystal clear" that drunk people are unable to socially distance, the chair of the Police Federation said as pubs reopened on Saturday.

Ministers had urged caution ahead of hospitality venues reopening in England after three months of lockdown.

John Apter dealt with "naked men, happy drunks, angry drunks, fights and more angry drunks" on shift in Southampton.

But police thanked the majority of people for acting responsibly as they enjoyed the night out.

Friends embrace 'Super Saturday' as pubs and bars reopen
    What are the new rules in pubs?
    Lockdown locks go as hairdressers open
    Streets were packed in London's Soho district, with images showing revellers outside pubs into the early hours of Sunday.

The Metropolitan Police said that there were "no significant issues" in the capital.

Devon and Cornwall Police received more than 1,000 reports, most of which were "drink-related".

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
    Image caption
    Bars on Hilton Street in Manchester's Northern Quarter set out tables for customers
    In north Nottinghamshire, four people were arrested and several pubs decided to close after alcohol related anti-social behaviour.

While people were out in droves at thousands of venues, fears emergency services could be as busy as New Year's Eve appear not to have been realised.

But Mr Apter, from the Police Federation, an association for police staff in England and Wales, said: "What was crystal clear is that drunk people can't/won't socially distance.

"It was a busy night but the shift managed to cope. I know other areas have had issues with officers being assaulted."

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
    Image caption
    Police officers are seen walking through heavy crowds in Soho, central London
    Addressing concerns raised by Mr Apter, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said people had largely acted responsibly, saying the "vast majority of people are, I think, doing the right thing".

He told Sky News' Sophy Ridge: "Overall I'm pleased with what happened yesterday, it was really good to see people out and about and very largely social distancing."

Sir Simon Stevens, NHS England chief executive, told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Pleasingly, we did not see last night the kind of scenes that people feared might be. It was the foolish few, but the sensible majority."

Rob Moore, paramedic at the West Midlands Ambulance Service, told BBC Breakfast it had been a "really average" night shift in his area.

"We were really prepared for a sudden upsurge in calls related to people being out drinking but it hasn't happened thankfully," he said. "Hopefully it's a sign people have heeded the advice and had a sensible night."

so much fir the gleefully predicted carnage.

Pubs really should have been one of the last places to reopen. But you could also argue that the take away pint situation we have here is even worse.

I don't think there will be a huge spike after this weekend though. I'd imagine that most of the people flocking to the pubs haven't been particularly observant of lockdown anyway. The real danger is in a few weeks when it all becomes a bit more 'normalised', and people who were being sensible start mixing in groups in pubs.
    For anyone who has been shielding or trying to keep contact to a minimum, I'd say that the next 4/5 weeks are time to double down not ease up. Over the next few weeks that dreaded 'herd immunity' may well start to be built up

International

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Pubs really should have been one of the last places to reopen. But you could also argue that the take away pint situation we have here is even worse.

I don't think there will be a huge spike after this weekend though. I'd imagine that most of the people flocking to the pubs haven't been particularly observant of lockdown anyway. The real danger is in a few weeks when it all becomes a bit more 'normalised', and people who were being sensible start mixing in groups in pubs.
    For anyone who has been shielding or trying to keep contact to a minimum, I'd say that the next 4/5 weeks are time to double down not ease up. Over the next few weeks that dreaded 'herd immunity' may well start to be built up
    Looking at the pictures (which I still believe will be mostly archive) would suggest that the majority whooping it up and forgetting the Social Distancing thing are not in the groups who are deemed to be most at risk, so infection rates may go up but it may not adversely affect death rates so much.
    But they could return to places where they might pass it on to those more susceptible. We must wait a week or two to see if that actually happens.

Banned

Looking at the pictures (which I still believe will be mostly archive) would suggest that the majority whooping it up and forgetting the Social Distancing thing are not in the groups who are deemed to be most at risk, so infection rates may go up but it may not adversely affect death rates so much.
    But they could return to places where they might pass it on to those more susceptible. We must wait a week or two to see if that actually happens.
    Thanks Professor Witty.

Definitely, I'd hope that people who work with the vulnerable or have vulnerable family are either keeping away from the pub, or away from the vulnerable. Personally I think the reopening should be timetabled. Along the lines of open for 2 weeks, followed by a mandatory 5 day closure from Monday 20th. That would give venues and pub companies a time to analyse what's happened and make any changes needed. More importantly it gives the government a real chance to look at the data as its coming in, if things are looking worrying then the closure would obviously need to be extended

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Thanks Professor Witty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Definitely, I'd hope that people who work with the vulnerable or have vulnerable family are either keeping away from the pub, or away from the vulnerable. Personally I think the reopening should be timetabled. Along the lines of open for 2 weeks, followed by a mandatory 5 day closure from Monday 20th. That would give venues and pub companies a time to analyse what's happened and make any changes needed. More importantly it gives the government a real chance to look at the data as its coming in, if things are looking worrying then the closure would obviously need to be extended

The problem, in my view, is that they have opened up so many things in such a short amount of time that, if there is a spike, we won't have a clue what the real cause is.

Is it grandparents getting sick looking after grandkids whose parents have gone back to work
    Is it schoolkids spreading the virus in schools, being asymptomatic, going home and spreading it further?
    Is it people arriving from overseas (borders opening again soon)
    Is it the easing of the 2m socially distancing rule
    Is it people being allowed to holiday, and travel extensively
    Is it the virus prevailing in certain conditions

Banned

Very drole, you should be on Channel 5.

International

Very drole, you should be on Channel 5.

Banned

Is this you reading the media that you said you don't read? Again.

International

Is this you reading the media that you said you don't read? Again.

Banned

International

Banned

You've been rumbled me old cocker.