+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan is a veggie

Vincent Tan is a veggie

So I've just discovered. Would be nice, when we are able to go down CCS again that the veggie food offerings are improved.
    Even better I might email him to ban all meat products there.

Re: Vincent Tan is a veggie

As am I.

Best lifestyle choice I've ever made.

I like meat. Lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    As am I.

Must be 30 years since I stopped being a carnivore. Not quite vegan, milk is my let down, but definitely healthier this way.

If there was ever a reason to stop eating meat, 2020 is it https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704

As am I.

I'm not, but, thinking about it, I'm as close to being vegetarian as I've ever been - often I go a week without meat.

As am I.

Yep, I'm veggie and it's the best choice I made, probably not far off 3 years ago now.
    Can't go without Cheese and Eggs though!

Ive been a veggie for 26 years. Don't really see any benefits as eat loads of unhealthy stuff. It's so much easier now compared to all that time ago, especially with all the vegan hipsters creating more options.

I'm indecisive so it's nice having less options when go out to eat.

Apparently Vincent went veggie just a few years ago and he has never felt healthier. He is 68 now so I think in these difficult financial times that we need him to keep healthy for a while longer yet.

Wasn't there a small media splash last year to mark the latest Dirty Vegan cookbook - with Vincent Tan and Matt Pritchard having a veggie love-in through Wales Online?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Ive been a veggie for 26 years. Don't really see any benefits as eat loads of unhealthy stuff.
    Same as me. Have way too much butter and cheese but I've definitely net gained in health.

I turned veggie for ethical reasons more than health though.

Animals are terrified when they're lined up and on their way to be slaughtered and communicate with each other down the line because they know their fate and naturally try to escape, as would we.

It's beggars belief that as a society, we allow this to happen to cattle but there would be outrage if we allowed it to happen to our dogs.

It's deeply upsetting and I'd much rather find something else to eat and let the animal die of natural causes.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wasn't there a small media splash last year to mark the latest Dirty Vegan cookbook - with Vincent Tan and Matt Pritchard having a veggie love-in through Wales Online?
    Talking of cook books and cooking programmes, I thought 'The Hairy Dieters' series on the box was about hirsute Germans.

And 'Holocaust Denier' sounds like a weird stocking material.

I'm not a veggie but I do like some veggie meals - last night was a tesco veggie burger with a home made mushroom risotto.

Beyond Meat burgers and sausages are absolutely banging, I don't even miss real ones anymore. The only thing I miss that can't be replicated are a really nice steak and crispy chicken leg

Same as me. Have way too much butter and cheese but I've definitely net gained in health.

I turned veggie for ethical reasons more than health though.

Animals are terrified when they're lined up and on their way to be slaughtered and communicate with each other down the line because they know their fate and naturally try to escape, as would we.

It's beggars belief that as a society, we allow this to happen to cattle but there would be outrage if we allowed it to happen to our dogs.

It's deeply upsetting and I'd much rather find something else to eat and let the animal die of natural causes.
    That's exactly why I stopped eating animal products. The health benefits are a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Beyond Meat burgers and sausages are absolutely banging, I don't even miss real ones anymore. The only thing I miss that can't be replicated are a really nice steak and crispy chicken leg
    Viv Era plant based steak isnt bad, it uses the same tech as the beyond / impossible burgers and has a very meat like texture, it cooks like a steak, so the more it cooks, the more darker it gets, have it med rare and its pink inside

International

I saw what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Viv Era plant based steak isnt bad, it uses the same tech as the beyond / impossible burgers and has a very meat like texture, it cooks like a steak, so the more it cooks, the more darker it gets, have it med rare and its pink inside
    ooh ok ta

ooh ok ta
    Tesco often have them 1/2 price

In the US ( they were talking about launching in the UK this year, dont know if covid hasput it on hold ) impossible are really pushing the plant based burgers, they are doing slabs of impossible meat that chef's in the US are cutting into steaks

the impossible is slightly too real imho, it actually bleeds when you cut it, ideal for the people who want the meat experience while still eating plant based

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I saw what you did there.
    The Richmond Meat Free bangers are banging too - probably the best ones out there.

Top tip: Do them in the oven for 20 mins with olive oil, salt and black pepper. After 10 mins, put a teaspoon of garlic puree in the tray, give it a swish and see out the remaining 10 mins. Gorgeous. Excellent in a butty.

International

fun that a veggie makes so much of his money running burger bars!

The Richmond Meat Free bangers are banging too - probably the best ones out there.

Top tip: Do them in the oven for 20 mins with olive oil, salt and black pepper. After 10 mins, put a teaspoon of garlic puree in the tray, give it a swish and see out the remaining 10 mins. Gorgeous. Excellent in a butty.
    birds eye green cuisine sausages are nice, they are a little like the Veggie meatballs from Ikea