+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 6 games to go - a look back at the last 20 Championship seasons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 6 games to go - a look back at the last 20 Championship seasons

I think it's between us and Derby, and we're strong favourites due to Derby's run in.

Derby's next 6 games are

Forest (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Brentford (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Leeds (H)
    Birmingham (A)

That's a tough run of fixtures and they'd do well to get 10 points.

It's just whether we go on one of our runs where we draw a few and only pick up the odd win. I think we'll get over the line just about. Bristol are in a dreadful run of form and need to win on Saturday to stand any chance so hopefully it plays into our hands that they have to come at us - as when teams sit in and defend - that's when we look awful.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I think it's between us and Derby, and we're strong favourites due to Derby's run in.

Derby's next 6 games are

Forest (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Brentford (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Leeds (H)
    Birmingham (A)

That's a tough run of fixtures and they'd do well to get 10 points.

It's just whether we go on one of our runs where we draw a few and only pick up the odd win. I think we'll get over the line just about. Bristol are in a dreadful run of form and need to win on Saturday to stand any chance so hopefully it plays into our hands that they have to come at us - as when teams sit in and defend - that's when we look awful.
    Damn, i didnt realise that, pretty tough run in. Ours isnt an easy one either, though we have the chance to put the final nail in the coffin of bristols playoffs hopes saturday.

The game v Derby already looks like itll be massive. and with fulham/forest both winning midweek it does look like just one place up for grabs now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    The game v Derby already looks like itll be massive. and with fulham/forest both winning midweek it does look like just one place up for grabs now.
    Yes, the top 5 won't be caught by anyone below Derby. Mathematically Derby could catch Forest or Fulham, but the 7 point deficit Derby has to both sides has never been made up in 20 years. The biggest point margin that has been overhauled from this point was 6 points. Funnily enough, the team to miss out had 67 points that season. A point for guessing which side bollocksed things up so spectacularly.....

So I agree. There's a less than 5% chance of Forest or Fulham missing out.