Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
Its why I treat all the reports with a pinch of salt. The jouralists are always trying to make something out of nothing, and when this guy kept saying everything was good you could hear the interviewer getting irritated because he couldn't make him say something bad.
It's like when they say things like "Doctor claims no PPE in such and such". Then they build a story around the one person to paint a picture of every hospital in the country being in PPE crisis, but in reality we don't know if they had to talk to 50 doctors before they found one who was willing to say what they wanted. Of course they would not be interested in anyone who said everything was OK.
But in this case they were stuck with the man because he is the Leader of the council.
They have always done it I suppose but in this pandemic it has become more and more noticeable, and eventually it means people just reject everything that is said.
I am in PR. During the height of the pandemic one of my clients was making thousands of face shields. They couldn’t give them away to make hospitals because they simply didn’t need them