+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BRISTOL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Not rocket science is it
    No not really , in fact we have a squad that's half decent , not the most skilled , more of a robust tough hard running team withbsome skills, we can only play to our strengths

This is where I'm impressed by what Harris has achieved in a short time , as you see the team adopting a new style as they trying to pass and move differently , with a squad he inherited that was built to do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Troubled times. Shame
    Perhaps the fan's may pull down Lee's statue.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps the fan's may pull down Lee's statue.
    Wouldn’t need a ladder, wouldn’t even have to stand on tip toe.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wouldn’t need a ladder, wouldn’t even have to stand on tip toe.
    That would depend on the size of his plinth.

Recent form

Bristol City have slipped from play-off contention since the restart, with three successive defeats to Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday and most recently Nottingham Forest, who earned a 1-0 win at the City Ground on Wednesday.

Cardiff, meanwhile, have won two and drawn one so far. They started with a surprise 2-0 win over Leeds, before beating Preston 3-1 at Deepdale and then being held to a stalemate by Charlton in midweek.

Opta stats

Bristol City are looking to complete a league double over Cardiff for the first time since the 2002-03 season.

Cardiff have lost two of their last three league games against Bristol City (W1), as many as they had lost in their previous 15 league games against the Robins (W10 D3 L2).

Cardiff have lost only twice in their last 14 Championship matches (W6 D6), going unbeaten in their last five (W3 D2).

Bristol City are winless in their last eight league games (D2 L6), their longest run without a victory since January 2017 (9 games).

Bristol City striker Nahki Wells has been directly involved in six goals in his last three league starts against Cardiff (4 goals, 2 assists), netting a hat-trick earlier this season for QPR against the Bluebirds.

Neil Harris:

"It will be a derby with a difference. For me, the fanbase make derby games.

"Of course, there's rivalry between football clubs and wanting to be bigger and better than your neighbour down the road and across the water.

"The rivalry on the terraces and, these days, on social media makes these games though.

"Do the players understand the importance of it? Of course they do. It will be echoed to them again, as it already has been by me.

"I know the importance of the game, not just for the fans, but also for the league table.

"I'm really pleased with where we are and the three performances.

"I always want more; I think we should have had nine points and beaten Charlton. But I'm really pleased with where we are at the moment.

"Now we've got ourselves in this position, we want to finish in the top six. That's the bottom line.

"To do that, we've got a tough run of games against teams at the top and bottom, but every club is the same.

"We're hungry for success – it's our job to stay in there now."

From memory we didn't trouble them much at CCS and it took a long range effort (deflected?) for them to score, 0-0 looks a decent bet. I do hope I'm wrong. Shame we won't be able to see Ashley's latest hair creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    From memory we didn't trouble them much at CCS and it took a long range effort (deflected?) for them to score, 0-0 looks a decent bet. I do hope I'm wrong. Shame we won't be able to see Ashley's latest hair creation.
    We were poor, but we hit the woodwork twice

Any team predictions and scores?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Any team predictions and scores?
    If Pack starts max of a draw. Midfield 3 that won us the first two games and I'll fancy a 2-0 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bristol City have slipped from play-off
    Bristol City are looking to complete a league double over Cardiff for the first time since the 2002-03 season.
    I’m very much of the younger generation in terms of the jacks/wurzels rival chestnut but the games against them lot around this time in the early 00s, culminating in Alexander’s performance in the play off semis, really impressed themselves on me at the time and I look back on them a little evocatively now (bogey side, ugly derby atmosphere fuelled by a last gasp of hooliganism?).

Only dimly remember late 90s games against the jacks and by the time we started playing them again nearly a decade later I was that little less impressionable, although there was a buzz around those first few games.

Anyway, let’s hope the city make up for the limp performance against the slave traders last November, deny them the double and keep the chasing PO pack at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    If Pack starts max of a draw. Midfield 3 that won us the first two games and I'll fancy a 2-0 win.
    I would like to see us go with Tomlin from the start with Murphy, Glatzel and NML.
    I don't think it will happen, no Pack for me either he's a 10 minute keep it tight and tidy at the end man for me now. Go with the 3 like you said, they've got energy and press up the pitch and I think we need that, as long as we don't wait forever to bring on the flair. 60 mins make them changes!!

Bristol City: Bentley; Vyner, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva; Weimann, Smith, Nagy, O'Dowda; Wells, Diedhiou

Subs: Wollacott, Hunt, Watkins, Paterson, Hinds, Rowe, Benkovic, Afobe, Massengo

Cardiff City: Smithies; Sanderson, Nelson, Morrison, Bennett; Vaulks, Bacuna, Ralls; Mendez-Laing, Paterson, Hoilett

Subs: Etheridge, Flint, Bamba, Smith, Pack, Whyte, Tomlin, Murphy, Ward

Let's hope Ward can get his usual impact sub goal once Paterson has tired them out for 60 minutes.

Be great to see Murphy and Tomlin on later on too.

Not pulling up trees but decent enough so far.

I just hope we capitalise while we are confident and don't dither on the ball too much and allow them to grow in confidence. Only takes one half chance.

nearly 60% possession...not good...! plenty of effor but not much sublety....

What a crap commentary on CCTV. They are overdubbimg the bristol commentary and not very well!!!

I think we're marginally the better team so far. City seem to playing themselves into the game pretty well.

Last edited by WJ99mobile; 04-07-20 at 14:33. Reason: .

Paterson moving so much better today and great to see Sanderson getting shots away

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Paterson moving so much better today and great to see Sanderson getting shots away
    Sanderson’s passing is atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sanderson’s passing is atrocious
    No worse than Pelts was and he is a better attacker

Has to be about time we scored from a set piece again...

Wurzels are poor and we are battering them... which worries me :-/

We are going to get mugged here. So much ball and threat and no goals to show for it.