+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Great win 10 points from 12 and conceded one goal in the process. Played some good sides since the restart as well.

I thought we played some good stuff today. Bacuna class again. The defence is solid, and I thought Bamba did well when he came on. They were always gonna throw the kitchen sink at us after the goal. Tomlin only needs 10-15 to win a game. Happy for Ward.

Brilliant result. Thought we played really well in patches in the first half.

Thought Hoilett should have come off for Whyte who i wondered if he was carrying a knock.

Great 3 points.

If we can get Tomlin match fit and start him every game we'll comfortably finish in the play offs. Also I know Ward only scores from the bench but having his movement up front is so much better than Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Great win 10 points from 12 and conceded one goal in the process. Played some good sides since the restart as well.

I thought we played some good stuff today. Bacuna class again. The defence is solid, and I thought Bamba did well when he came on. They were always gonna throw the kitchen sink at us after the goal. Tomlin only needs 10-15 to win a game. Happy for Ward.
    Bacuna has played really well since the season restarted.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Bacuna has played really well since the season restarted.
    Bacuna has been excellent. Today was his best game to date IMHO. Ralls looks a little off the pace, and as others have said, Hoilett not so good, and tired quickly. Thing is, is a tired Hoilett better defensively than a not-tired Murphy ? Bennett also stood out.

The defence and keeper were excellent again, Nelson has become a very good Championship defender this season. The whole team worked very hard.

It’s a dilemma with Paterson, there are calls to start with Glatzel or Ward but both players make a better impact when they come on as a sub than when they start. Probably better to keep Paterson up front than having him as the impact striker

Some players looked shattered at the end- Hoilett and Sanderson looked tired. Ralls Vaulks and Bacuna are not the most skilful but they are very fit and work very hard and Bacuna has a very useful turn of pace

Margins are fine, Bristol city score with that free header and we’re all on here berating the players , instead it’s a great result and always nice to our one over the Wurzels

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    The defence and keeper were excellent again, Nelson has become a very good Championship defender this season. The whole team worked very hard.

It’s a dilemma with Paterson, there are calls to start with Glatzel or Ward but both players make a better impact when they come on as a sub than when they start. Probably better to keep Paterson up front than having him as the impact striker

Some players looked shattered at the end- Hoilett and Sanderson looked tired. Ralls Vaulks and Bacuna are not the most skilful but they are very fit and work very hard and Bacuna has a very useful turn of pace

Margins are fine, Bristol city score with that free header and we’re all on here berating the players , instead it’s a great result and always nice to our one over the Wurzels
    Oh yes

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    there's no need for him to be knackered when there are extra subs to throw on..fecking stupid imo
    He does more tracking back than Murphy with one leg

I think NH would have brought Junior off for Murphy but then we scored and he wanted to rightfully IMHO shore up the defence bit Sol needed to warm up.

My thoughts are with bristol at this sad time

Bristol are shit

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Brilliant result. Thought we played really well in patches in the first half.

Thought Hoilett should have come off for Whyte who i wondered if he was carrying a knock.

Great 3 points.
    Murphy was changed ready to come on but when we scored he brought on Bamba and we just defended. Bristol were then all over us for the last 10 minutes! Dangerous tactics but they worked!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bristol are shit
    They used to be shit, but now they are shitter, and well on the way to shittest!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    The margins have been fine in all three victories, but on each occasion I reckon City have looked comfortably the fitter, stronger and hungrier side, and they have taken some of their chances really well. To me, Derby look the only real threat now as regards sixth place, and they have lost several key players to injury and suspension, so it's looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The margins have been fine in all three victories, but on each occasion I reckon City have looked comfortably the fitter, stronger and hungrier side, and they have taken some of their chances really well. To me, Derby look the only real threat now as regards sixth place, and they have lost several key players to injury and suspension, so it's looking pretty good.
    Derby’s fixture list is Brutal as well.

West Brom
    Brentford
    Leeds
    And us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Derby’s fixture list is Brutal as well.

West Brom
    Brentford
    Leeds
    And us.
    It's tough. They had a key player sent off after the final whistle last week, their top scorer sent off for a ridiculous challenge in the 94th minute today and one of their players hospitalised after being attacked and stabbed. The odds would appear to be against them.

I'm sure this has been touched upon but what a save by Smithies to keep it at 0-0, absolutely fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Plan A worked again

I’m all for playing attacking, skilful players, but if you’ve got a system that’s working, DON’T CHANGE IT
    You have got to be on a wind up

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    If we can get Tomlin match fit and start him every game we'll comfortably finish in the play offs. Also I know Ward only scores from the bench but having his movement up front is so much better than Paterson.
    Start one of ward and Glatzel and bring the other on as a sub when/if needed.
    I quite like Glatzel with pacy wingers and Tomlin behind so wouldn't be bothered if Ward started and he came on after.
    We need movement up too and anticipation.
    Paterson is an awful choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You have got to be on a wind up

I am feeling a bit dizzy, after all those exercises

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm sure this has been touched upon but what a save by Smithies to keep it at 0-0, absolutely fantastic
    Yes it was a fantastic save, Wells looked offside but it was a great strong hand to push it round the post

Only one goal against in four games since the restart. Defence looking solid....prefer DW over Pats but would he be so effective starting?
    Tomlin HAS to start in Tuesday......hopefully Glatzel will be ok....it's a game we must win to create a 'gap'.....

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Start one of ward and Glatzel and bring the other on as a sub when/if needed.
    I quite like Glatzel with pacy wingers and Tomlin behind so wouldn't be bothered if Ward started and he came on after.
    We need movement up too and anticipation.
    Paterson is an awful choice.
    Agreed, Paterson will nick the odd goal but a starter? No chance, we're too one dimensional with him up top. It was a simple run from Ward for the goal but you'll never get that from Paterson sadly

Great result, boys dug in very deep for that. Good subs from the real Neil.

Up the shaggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Great result, boys dug in very deep for that. Good subs from the real Neil.

Up the shaggers.
    Our away form has been brilliant for ages.