+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Murphy to Shine in the run in

Murphy to Shine in the run in

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and risk having a total Weston and say that Murphy will be our star player in the run in.

I just think a combination of; a lack of fans and pressure, us starting to play a bit more and having more possession, and the enforced break, may end up helping find a good spell of form.

Re: Murphy to Shine in the run in

I'd love to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'm going to stick my neck on the line and risk having a total Weston and say that Murphy will be our star player in the run in.

I just think a combination of; a lack of fans and pressure, us starting to play a bit more and having more possession, and the enforced break, may end up helping find a good spell of form.
    He does have it in him,just lacking a bit of confidence.Maybe not having the crowd there could help.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd love to see that happen.
    Me too but I shan't hold my breath.

Have you been reading Wales On Line ? https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-18529991

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Have you been reading Wales On Line ? https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-18529991
    It says we are "sweating on Glatzel" for the wurzels game.
    Am I right in assuming that if he went off against Charlton with concussion then he would have to wait a set amount of days/weeks before he can play again and therefore he must have gone off after suffering a knock or cut?

That would be a nice pay back , for a player probably be on a hefty wage

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That would be a nice pay back , for a player probably be on a hefty wage
    Some players need the "arm round the shoulder treatment".
    Warnock tried it but failed so let's hope Murphy's attitude under Harris changes dramatically.

If he gets a lot more of the ball the way we have been playing lately then who knows.

If it is a case of just bigging him up publicly in the hope of getting a reaction in an attempt to keep his value up then NH is doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It says we are "sweating on Glatzel" for the wurzels game.
    Am I right in assuming that if he went off against Charlton with concussion then he would have to wait a set amount of days/weeks before he can play again and therefore he must have gone off after suffering a knock or cut?
    The FA guidelines are here http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/he...es-in-football. If it was concussion then "The player should not be allowed to return to play for at least 6 days after the injury".

Some players need the "arm round the shoulder treatment".
    Maybe a bomb up his arse might work
    Warnock tried it but failed so let's hope Murphy's attitude under Harris changes dramatically.

If he gets a lot more of the ball the way we have been playing lately then who knows.

If it is a case of just bigging him up publicly in the hope of getting a reaction in an attempt to keep his value up then NH is doing the right thing.
    Boy doesn’t look interested, when he plays for us

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The FA guidelines are here http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/he...es-in-football. If it was concussion then "The player should not be allowed to return to play for at least 6 days after the injury".
    Thanks for this Richard.
    From the article....

Process after being taken off with concussion:

"
    a) No activity
    b) Light aerobic exercise
    c) Sports specific exercise
    d) Non-contact training drills
    e) Full contact practice
    f) Return to play
    Each of these steps takes at least one day"

Can only assume it is as I suspected that he wasn't concussed which would be good news.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Boy doesn’t look interested, when he plays for us
    I concur with your view, I'm just trying to be an optimist with regards to Murphy.

Just a thought, he looks awfully like his bother, it's almost like they are twins.
    Warnock did sign the one he watched didn't he?

I concur with your view, I'm just trying to be an optimist with regards to Murphy.

Just a thought, he looks awfully like his bother, it's almost like they are twins.
    Warnock did sign the one he watched didn't he?

He’s had his moments, but they’re few and far between.

Leicester away in the premier, he had 4 one on ones and he took the wrong opinion every time.

Needs to get his head in the right place, otherwise his career will be over before he realises it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He’s had his moments, but they’re few and far between.

Leicester away in the premier, he had 4 one on ones and he took the wrong opinion every time.

Needs to get his head in the right place, otherwise his career will be over before he realises it
    ‘Took the wrong opinion’?

Is he playing football or debating?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    ‘Took the wrong opinion’?

Is he playing football or debating?

I’m blaming the “monkey shoulder”, finished off the bottle so it could go in the green bag last night

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yikes...Murphy to hit a "purple pitch". Check your spelling WoL. Here's hoping Murphy can gain some sort of consistency and bag us a few crucial goals in the run in. Unfortunately, he isn't much of an assist type player.