+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man City v Liverpool

Carragher

Waxing lyrical how good defensively Liverpool are when compared to Citeh which has been the difference in the teams this season...
    Now losing 3 nil

Man City v Liverpool

HT: Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool

Red heads on the beach already

Re: Man City v Liverpool

4 - 0 FT

Another stupid VAR ruled out a fifth in the last minute

Those sort of hand balls need to be done away with. No intention at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    4 - 0 FT

Another stupid VAR ruled out a fifth in the last minute
    Ridiculous VAR decision. As good as Liverpool’s season has been, they still need 15 points from their remaining six games to beat Man City’s 100 points record. I’m sure they want that but have they the desire now? All the talk of them being the best ever Premier League team could evaporate over the next few games.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ridiculous VAR decision. As good as Liverpool’s season has been, they still need 15 points from their remaining six games to beat Man City’s 100 points record. I’m sure they want that but have they the desire now? All the talk of them being the best ever Premier League team could evaporate over the next few games.
    After their first premier league win, first in 30 years?

I've not heard that talk but I suspect the only people talking like that are Liverpool fans and Sky pundits (strangely enough nearly all Liverpool fans).

Liverpool are a good team and play good entertaining football but Klopp and his players need to win trophies to get anywhere near being labelled the best premier league team ever, IMO Pep's Citeh of a couple of seasons ago and even Ferguson's teams of more than 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I've not heard that talk but I suspect the only people talking like that are Liverpool fans and Sky pundits (strangely enough nearly all Liverpool fans).

Liverpool are a good team and play good entertaining football but Klopp and his players need to win trophies to get anywhere near being labelled the best premier league team ever, IMO Pep's Citeh of a couple of seasons ago and even Ferguson's teams of more than 2 decades.
    How else would the best team be decided statistically? The number of points gained is the yardstick surely.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I can see what you are trying to get at... BUT they won the league by a country mile and are the current champions league holders.

Re: Carragher

CHUMPIONS

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    I can see what you are trying to get at... BUT they won the league by a country mile and are the current champions league holders.
    Perhaps everyone in Europe and England had poor seasons.
    If this Liverpool side win nothing else (not probable but possible) then the notion would be fanciful. It's a tad early to start thinking about being the best side ever.
    They were given a footballing lesson last night. Okay they may have already been on the beach but had Citeh not had a poor start then the prem would have been much closer, losing Laporte was key.

By the way, "current" for a few weeks only