+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...ining-18686038

Shit a brick. The council have closed the main road through the city centre for this?!?
    I had an hour to kill in the town centre after work today. I thought I'd get a glass of wine somewhere and enjoy the weather. I didn't manage it: couldn't find anywhere with any space, other than Prego, which I assume is a front for something dodgy as it sure as sh!t doesn't actually serve drinks. I've spent over 30 mins sat at their tables this week and ordered 2 drinks, but I'm still waiting for both.

That area on castle st would, I am sure, have been full this evening. It is in the wrong place; the food will be cold when it gets there and I am sure that organisationally it will be a car crash at first, but I actually think it might be OK overall. Did they need to close Castle St? No of course not, the parasols should have been put at the top and bottom ends of st marys street where the bars and restaurants are. Is closing Castle ST a good idea? Short term, no. And a clever council would take advantage of the unique situation where town is basically closed for a third of the year and redesign bus routes etc, to make it a good idea long term. This thread suggests that this has not happened. But nevertheless it might be quite nice to have somewhere else to sit outside this summer, and the city clearly needs the additional capacity.

I think the crimes of closing Castle St should be separated from the parasol thingy. I think the latter could be a nice addition to the city centre for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I had an hour to kill in the town centre after work today. I thought I'd get a glass of wine somewhere and enjoy the weather. I didn't manage it: couldn't find anywhere with any space, other than Prego, which I assume is a front for something dodgy as it sure as sh!t doesn't actually serve drinks. I've spent over 30 mins sat at their tables this week and ordered 2 drinks, but I'm still waiting for both.

That area on castle st would, I am sure, have been full this evening. It is in the wrong place; the food will be cold when it gets there and I am sure that organisationally it will be a car crash at first, but I actually think it might be OK overall. Did they need to close Castle St? No of course not, the parasols should have been put at the top and bottom ends of st marys street where the bars and restaurants are. Is closing Castle ST a good idea? Short term, no. And a clever council would take advantage of the unique situation where town is basically closed for a third of the year and redesign bus routes etc, to make it a good idea long term. This thread suggests that this has not happened. But nevertheless it might be quite nice to have somewhere else to sit outside this summer, and the city clearly needs the additional capacity.

I think the crimes of closing Castle St should be separated from the parasol thingy. I think the latter could be a nice addition to the city centre for the summer.
    Up and running today. About half full when I went past, a few boxes of food on the tables but not much happening. It all seemed very relaxed, we'll soon see if it catches on.

The ordering site with a list of the menus here if anyone's thinking of going down. I'm sure Wok to Walk was on it earlier, eleven places involved doesn't seem like many. I guess others are having a look to see how it goes before they commit.

https://pay.yoello.com/g/cardiff-castle

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Up and running today. About half full when I went past, a few boxes of food on the tables but not much happening. It all seemed very relaxed, we'll soon see if it catches on.

The ordering site with a list of the menus here if anyone's thinking of going down. I'm sure Wok to Walk was on it earlier, eleven places involved doesn't seem like many. I guess others are having a look to see how it goes before they commit.

https://pay.yoello.com/g/cardiff-castle
    I had a quick look at about 11am.

About half-full, and the conversations I overheard were mostly around how to actually get a drink or some food. I'm sure it will sort itself out.