Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
It's a system called Yoello, I've never heard of it before but from what I can see I think you go to the restaurant, scan a QR Code with your phone (not via an app, via the website) - that then gives you access to the menu, and ability to order and pay. Whether you do that in the restaurant then walk over or do it from the table I have no idea, from the table though probably for social distancing reasons.

Walesonline have confused the issue by sharing a tweet from FORCardiff encouraging people to download the app but their tweet is aimed at getting businesses to sign up, not customers. As far as I can see it's not exactly been explained yet how it'll work for customers, maybe there'll be instruction boards put up or something. It won't be rocket science though.

I think with the seating area not being in the venue I'd imagine you have to pay upfront which rules you out unfortunately. Unless a Pizza Express or somewhere else that you know what you're getting signed up?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...-open-18677644
Yoello seem to be a Cardiff based software developer. The following info is for the businesses who will be using it - https://www.yoello.com/

How does it work?

By simply scanning a QR code in a venue, a customer can access menus, make an order and pay. There is no need to download an app, and this can be done on any smartphone via any internet browser.

Merchants have a fully customisable profile on Yoello which customers can access to find venue information, menus, promotions and more!

Mobile Ordering made easy.

Yoello is an FCA regulated (Financial Conduct Authority) payment provider, we deliver secure payment solutions through a variety of platforms.

Our App-less Mobile Ordering solution has the lowest transaction fees, helping your business operate safely and efficiently with social distancing through affordable mobile payments and table ordering.

As for Wales Online they are unfortunately a shadow of what they used to be. 'Reporters' are just social media searchers who repost what they find online