Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
They haven't been implemented yet, have they? (We're still talking about the reasons for closure of Castle Steeet, I assume). Genuine question as I've not been into the centre of town lately.
xsnaggle wasn't talking solely about the closure of Castle Street and neither was I. That's an absolute joke in itself, but it's not the only problem by any means.

Castle Street is not the only road that is closed around the city centre. Far from it. There are bollards all over the place blocking a variety of roads as far up as Station Terrace and part of Newport Road. Meanwhile, utterly pointless wooden 'information' cabins have popped up in various locations around the centre, Queen Street has been plastered with idiotic yellow paint that amounts to little more than graffiti as it's being ignored by almost everyone, while groups of council workers sit or stand around in high-viz jackets burning up our ever-increasing council tax for no apparent reason.

Like most people I've spoken to in recent weeks, I want to see a gradual return to normality. The last four months have been difficult and I can fully appreciate that things are not going to return to normal quickly. It will be a steady process, but what we definitely don't need under any circumstances is the council making a dog's dinner of the city centre while making life even more difficult for the vast majority of shoppers, traders and those of us who need to travel in and out of the centre for work.