+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I assume that the "covered area" hasn't been completed yet. Maybe you could wait and see if the changes they're implenting actually work before having a meltown?

"All the social distancing is clearly marked as 2 metres which hope full will be reduced to 1 metre shortly, thereby rendering everything they have done totally useless" The Nightingale hospitals won't be required any more rendering them totally useless. Coronvirus won't be around forever rendering all of the changes we've made in our lives totally useless. Things are implemented when they have to be - until they are not required anymore. The point is: you can't not do something that's required simply because you won't always require it.

"The council said they were closing Castle Street from the Angel but in fact they have 'closed' it from Cowbridge Road. If you want to go to Westgate street there are people standing at the barriers to let you in but if you don't already know it is permissible then you will go straight on"

https://www.wales247.co.uk/the-cardi...fes%20to%20use.
    I'd argue that what's really killing the city is the constant destruction of any kind of cultural identity in the city in favour of student flats, coffee chains and Wetherspoons, not changes that have been made to help prevent the spread of a virus

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd argue that what's really killing the city is the constant destruction of any kind of cultural identity in the city in favour of student flats, coffee chains and Wetherspoons, not changes that have been made to help prevent the spread of a virus
    Agreed. We just recently had the thread about the potential closing of The Tramshed - and it's things of that ilk that that deserve the angst of the citizens (in my opinion).

Agreed. We just recently had the thread about the potential closing of The Tramshed - and it's things of that ilk that that deserve the angst of the citizens (in my opinion).
    Get your compass and maps out Tom, as you’re a bit away from THE CENTRE of Cardiff

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Get your compass and maps out Tom, as you’re a bit away from THE CENTRE of Cardiff
    Am I missing the joke here? Am I about to get whooshed?

Am I missing the joke here? Am I about to get whooshed?

The original poster, is talking about access to our wonderful city, but you’ve brought a venue selling overpriced, warm, plastic receptacled booze, into the debate, which is not what the original poster, was aiming at.

You’ve given a politician’s reply, which has no baring on the debate .

Exactly the same as your “gun analogy” in another thread.

Go and have a nice rest and a cup of coffee

Heisenberg

The original poster, is talking about access to our wonderful city, but you’ve brought a venue selling overpriced, warm, plastic receptacled booze, into the debate, which is not what the original poster, was aiming at.

I already gave my response to xsnaggle though

The Tramshed is a music venue, Tone. There aren't many left in Cardiff so I thought you'd be one of the people wanting them to remain open before the live music scene in the city completely dies on it's arse.

What's wrong with the gun analogy I made?

Had my rest and cup of coffee earlier... now I'm on here

I already gave my response to xsnaggle though

The Tramshed is a music venue, Tone. There aren't many left in Cardiff so I thought you'd be one of the people wanting them to remain open before the live music scene in the city completely dies on it's arse.

What's wrong with the GUN analogy I made?

Had my rest and cup of coffee earlier... now I'm on here

The government are responsible for “speed limits”, are all crashes their fault.

You cannot blame individual actions on someone else, people have got to take responsibility for their actions

Mr Tit, Tramshed is a music venue, Why are you talking about the booze they sell as opposed to the music they play and what that brings to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Mr Tit, Tramshed is a music venue, Why are you talking about the booze they sell as opposed to the music they play and what that brings to the area.
    It is also available for private parties

So you dont believe a popular music venue should be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    What's your point? Tramshed is still part of the city!
    My point is, the original poster was talking about CASTLE/WESTGATE STREETS , which is nowhere near Tramshed
    Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    So you dont believe a popular music venue should be saved?
    Every entertainment venue should be saved.

What's your point? Tramshed is still part of the city!

Out of interest, where in your opinion is the centre of Cardiff?

ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Maeterlinck View Post
    Out of interest, where in your opinion is the centre of Cardiff?
    Gabalfa roundabout, as near as dam it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    St Davids 2 killed the arcades too. All longer term impacts than the OP's concerns.