+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you've probably only been down there on sunny days when the expected number of tables occupied is high, let's see how it performs on a rainy day when the xTable is much lower.
    Would you take your cats out to town in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you've probably only been down there on sunny days when the expected number of tables occupied is high, let's see how it performs on a rainy day when the xTable is much lower.
    It's not going to perform as well when the weather is shit, that's obvious.

I'm not sure if Tuerto's been whooshed here or if he's in deep cover

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would you take your cats out to town in the rain?
    Cats wouldn't like the 10 minute walk across the city centre, they would rather an integrated transport system that sees all animals, not just of the feline persuasion, able to get across our wonderful city and also alleviate any confusion caused to visiting animals like Swift's, who have flown thousands of miles in order to enjoy our beautiful city and not cold coffee or a ****ing wonky panini.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not sure if Tuerto's been whooshed here or if he's in deep cover
    Probably whooshed, Is he on 'our side'

Banned

When you do that with restaurants like he said, and when you do things like that, like he said about Paninis, I tell you something, he went down in my estimations when he said that. I've stayed quiet, and I haven't resorted to that. You can tell him now, if he's still reading it, we're still feeding. And, he's got to go down to Cardiff and get something on Saturday, and I'd love it if he ate something, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Probably whooshed, Is he on 'our side'
    I think so, but regardless of that he's definitely on the side of talking about the outside eating area in football terms, which whooshed you completely

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think so, but regardless of that he's definitely on the side of talking about the outside eating area in football terms, which whooshed you completely
    "Obviously"

Some people seem really hopeful that this scheme fails......
    What would constitute success for this venture? And what would failure look like?

Sitting on uncomfortable chairs in the middle of a city on a day when temperatures have hit nearly hit 30 degrees

Next to people who are so desperate for a drink they are clearly alcoholics

On the next table two parents arguing as their kids scoff food

If someone enjoys that sort of thing they need a psychiatrist

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What would constitute success for this venture? And what would failure look like?
    I suppose it should be objective as opposed to subjective, as it seems to be for some people, which i can understand to a certain degree. I do get the impression that those who think that it was a bad idea would be quite pleased if there were low turn out, poor service, maybe a bit of bother etc in order to reinforce their views on the council and wider political thoughts. That's just my opinion though-obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sitting on uncomfortable chairs in the middle of a city on a day when temperatures have hit nearly hit 30 degrees

That's probably exactly what's going on-better not do anything just in case somebody drinks to much or the kids play up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    loads of people getting pissed up in the summer sun , few rucks , old bill van , thats from 4pm onwards

Before that people getting pissed up in the summer sun , few rucks , old bill , fat families scoffing overpriced junk food

Failure.........nobody bothering once this hot spell ends

That's probably exactly what's going on-better not do anything just in case somebody drinks to much or the kids play up.
    people are unable to control their drinking

Kids always play up and parents always argue

British people in hot weather , The Fall

loads of people getting pissed up in the summer sun , few rucks , old bill van , thats from 4pm onwards

Before that people getting pissed up in the summer sun , few rucks , old bill , fat families scoffing overpriced junk food

Failure.........nobody bothering once this hot spell ends
    Best not do anything then, lets legislate for people who can't behave or those who feel put out, better not try anything is the best policy as someone, somewhere isn't going to be happy and people might act like arseholes

people are unable to control their drinking

Kids always play up and parents always argue

British people in hot weather , The Fall
    I can control my drinking and my kids were pretty well behaved when they were little, same as a lot of people.

I can control my drinking and my kids were pretty well behaved when they were little, same as a lot of people.
    its a fecking nightmare on places like mill Lane in the summer

The thought of being near anyone drinking or parents with kids in tow in the summer is my idea of hell

People drinking become so bloody loud and kids screaming or moaning about their food does my head in

Before the lock down I took a lucky lady to a local place for a bite to eat . The table next to us were a family and the owners of the bar brought along a high chair so the baby was continually crying and the other two kids moaning .

Have a special room for parents with kids , I was on a promise

You could have sat in the shade, on a slightly cooler day, next to the table with the Dutch women’s hockey team. Not sure why you chose that other table.

its a fecking nightmare on places like mill Lane in the summer

The thought of being near anyone drinking or parents with kids in tow in the summer is my idea of hell

People drinking become so bloody loud and kids screaming or moaning about their food does my head in

Before the lock down I took a lucky lady to a local place for a bite to eat . The table next to us were a family and the owners of the bar brought along a high chair so the baby was continually crying and the other two kids moaning .

Have a special room for parents with kids , I was on a promise
    Mill lane does attract a fair few piss heads, i'll give you that. Culturally, South Wales isn't particularly geared towards alcohol and hot days, that's fair to say. Lots of reasons why, many of them probably a bit to deep to get into.

This other place doesn't seem to be geared that way. It isn't about middle aged drunks, it seems to be a reaction to the circumstances we find ourselves in and more about families from what i can gather. There are time slots and allocations, not the perfect environment for our resident drunks.

International

Some people seem really hopeful that this scheme fails, it seems to be those who moan about most things that don't suit their preferences or lifestyle choices. Very odd. I also think that they hate the local authority and I'd put a couple of quid on the chance that they hate the Welsh government as well.
    I’m not against having such an area, I think it’s a fine idea as a permanent thing, I Just object to the location and what that does to the public transport and the normal flow of traffic around and through the city.

If they had put one in st Mary St and one in the Hayes they could stay there for ever for me, and there would probably then be enough seats for anyone to grab food from any city outlet and sit down and watch the world go by instead of being forced to buy food from outlets that have “signed up”
    As it is it is badly thought out and badly executed and I am convinced that certain elements of the council were more concerned with closing that street than making a nice area for pedestrians.
    With the grass outside outside the castle, St Mary Street the Hayes there is more than enough room to do what has been done and more. If ordinary people can see that why can’t the councillors who are paid an awful lot of money in expenses to take care of our lovely city?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I’m not against having such an area, I think it’s a fine idea as a permanent thing, I Just object to the location and what that does to the public transport and the normal flow of traffic around and through the city.

If they had put one in st Mary St and one in the Hayes they could stay there for ever for me, and there would probably then be enough seats for anyone to grab food from any city outlet and sit down and watch the world go by instead of being forced to buy food from outlets that have “signed up”
    As it is it is badly thought out and badly executed and I am convinced that certain elements of the council were more concerned with closing that street than making a nice area for pedestrians.
    With the grass outside outside the castle, St Mary Street the Hayes there is more than enough room to do what has been done and more. If ordinary people can see that why can’t the councillors who are paid an awful lot of money in expenses to take care of our lovely city?
    It would be interesting to see how many official complaints this scheme has had. And have the local press been on it? Apart from that. fair enough, you make fair points in my opinion and you haven't belittled anyone while doing so, not like Bluetit who seems to think that a panini should only end up in a sticker book.

It would be interesting to see how many official complaints this scheme has had. And have the local press been on it? Apart from that. fair enough, you make fair points in my opinion and you haven't belittled anyone while doing so, not like Bluetit who seems to think that a panini should only end up in a STICKER BOOK..
    With the corners turned up

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    With the corners turned up
    I'm surprised you didn't get involved with the geography thread, i bet you could name a pub for every ground visited, probably know the landlords name....

International

I'm surprised you didn't get involved with the geography thread, i bet you could name a pub for every ground visited, probably know the landlords name....

Right! Where would you like to start?