+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    To be fair Delmi, the 70s was a much better time to be on the social scene. Local sport was booming, parks full of football, rugby pitches and baseball diamonds, all in full use on the weekends, pubs and clubs in their heyday, lots of civil unrest yes, but people stood up for themselves. No social media to whinge on, workers stood up for themselves and fought for their rights. I’m glad I lived in the era that I did.
    That all sounds great Steve, and although I'm not sad to be significantly younger than you, a pup really, his whole life ahead of him, I am sad I missed some of those things. I'm not saying for a second that every change is for the better but not every one is for the worse either that's all

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That all sounds great Steve, and although I'm not sad to be significantly younger than you, a pup really, his whole life ahead of him, I am sad I missed some of those things. I'm not saying for a second that every change is for the better but not every one is for the worse either that's all
    Yup, it's balance. When i was growing up in the 80s on a council estate i'd say that it was quite a violent place for a young lad, plenty of bullying, racism, getting into fights etc. Society has changed and i don't have to worry as much for my own kids safety when it comes to unprovoked gratuitous violence-that's because things have got better.