+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Up and running today. About half full when I went past, a few boxes of food on the tables but not much happening. It all seemed very relaxed, we'll soon see if it catches on.

The ordering site with a list of the menus here if anyone's thinking of going down. I'm sure Wok to Walk was on it earlier, eleven places involved doesn't seem like many. I guess others are having a look to see how it goes before they commit.

https://pay.yoello.com/g/cardiff-castle
    I had a quick look at about 11am.

About half-full, and the conversations I overheard were mostly around how to actually get a drink or some food. I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...ining-18686038

Shit a brick. The council have closed the main road through the city centre for this?!?
    One thing I don’t quite get is that restaurants, pubs cafes can open indoor also from Monday is it? So what’s the point?
    Another thing I’ve noticed is that the roads are still very quiet, where is everyone? Working from home? Not possible for most I’d assume....so few cars maybe the roads aren’t needed anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One thing I don’t quite get is that restaurants, pubs cafes can open indoor also from Monday is it? So what’s the point?
    Another thing I’ve noticed is that the roads are still very quiet, where is everyone? Working from home? Not possible for most I’d assume....so few cars maybe the roads aren’t needed anyway....
    The roads are dead, even at "rush hour". I am the only person here, in the office I am working in at the moment. That has been the case most of this week, although at one point on Weds there were 4 of us. Normally it would be 200+. None of our staff are furloughed. So yeah, looks like 99% are happy to work from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    The roads are dead, even at "rush hour". I am the only person here, in the office I am working in at the moment. That has been the case most of this week, although at one point on Weds there were 4 of us. Normally it would be 200+. None of our staff are furloughed. So yeah, looks like 99% are happy to work from home.
    Thought so, at this rate they will be closing even more roads hey

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    This is going to make a bunch of people very unhappy.

As an aside, had a beer with a mate before the game yesterday. Sat outside in the sun on St Mary's St, it was wonderful, like being in an European city

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

As an aside, had a beer with a mate before the game yesterday. Sat outside in the sun on St Mary's St, it was wonderful, like being in an European city
    You were in an European City

Banned

A bit cooler today than yesterday, but we went down there and had a fantastic time. Place was buzzing and it was superbly organised.

Well done to the restaurants, pubs and councils for getting some sort of normality back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People will sit out if it's cold in my opinion, even if it's for a sandwich, quick coffee etc. The biggest problem in cardiff is the wind and horizontal rain, it's never that cold here.
    Hope they never put tables out on windy corner , as you round the Hilton towards Castle Street why is it so wicked there ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ex European city , we've left .

Mate have I got some news for you

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    When?

Hmmmm......Have a look at a map. We may have left the EU but the UK is still a part of the geographical area called Europe

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Hmmmm......Have a look at a map. We may have left the EU but the UK is still a part of the geographical area called Europe
    Give Cummings, Johnson (and Farage) time .

Mate have I got some news for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    When?
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

Could Life on Mars & Delmbox, please inform me, as to what Continent we are now on then, as you think we are not part of Europe ?

Could Life on Mars & Delmbox, please inform me, as to what Continent we are now on then, as you think we are not part of Europe ?
    Fine, a city that's part of the European Union then. Although I think we all knew I meant that didn't we, just that this thread's not going the way you want it to David and Gareth

quiz.jpg

"Fine, a city that's part of the European Union then. Although I think we all knew I meant that didn't we, just that this thread's not going the way you want it to David and Gareth"

It's become pointless, replying to posts in this thread (apart from this one attempting to be sarcastic), as peoples opinion on this subject, will not change.

Lasts night ECHO, did a similar, building this "white elephant", up.

Now, if waiting 30 minutes, for a sandwich & coffee (the order was wrong as well), is GOOD SERVICE, well blow me down and go for it.
    Sunny, it might work, (people can go inside pubs next week, who will they serve first ?), Hissing Sid down, it won't work.

Enjoy you're turned up, dry bread sandwich & luke warm coffee

Banned

"Fine, a city that's part of the European Union then. Although I think we all knew I meant that didn't we, just that this thread's not going the way you want it to David and Gareth"

It's become pointless, replying to posts in this thread (apart from this one attempting to be sarcastic), as peoples opinion on this subject, will not change.

Now, if waiting 30 minutes, for a sandwich & coffee (the order was wrong as well), is GOOD SERVICE, well blow me down and go for it.
    Sunny, it might work, (people can go inside pubs next week, who will they serve first ?), Hissing Sid down, it won't work.

Who was your order with?

I thought it was strange that Wales Online referred to it as a ‘huge site’, I’ve seen it from the corner of Queen St & Working St, is it huge? Didn’t seem so.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Who was your order with?
    Asteys

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Who was your order with?

Sorry, but you've miss understood what I was saying.The order was from the REPORTERS, from the Echo and it was from Bute & Co. A Rarebit sandwich & iced coffee, confusion over the order as well.

Sorry, but you've miss understood what I was saying.The order was from the REPORTERS, from the Echo and it was from Bute & Co. A Rarebit sandwich & iced coffee, confusion over the order as well.
    Was it iced when it left Bute & Co?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was it iced when it left Bute & Co?

Your thoughts seem based on preference, yet you can't seem to accept that some people may enjoy it. I don't really like pubs with reactionary old farts talking shit about how everything used to be better, but i wouldn't dismiss it, it's somewhere for them to go and i suppose that they're only boring each over and maybe the poor bastard behind the bar. For some unknown reason, alot of these 'older' Bar bores seem to think that they're full of charisma and not giving a **** is some kind of badge of honour. Each to their own i suppose. Let's face it, you just hate the Council, probably hate the Welsh Government as well, simply because they don't agree with your line of thinking. Try and think of other people for a change.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Your thoughts seem based on preference, yet you can't seem to accept that some people may enjoy it. I don't really like pubs with reactionary old farts talking shit about how everything used to be better, but i wouldn't dismiss it, it's somewhere for them to go and i suppose that they're only boring each over and maybe the poor bastard behind the bar. For some unknown reason, alot of these 'older' Bar bores seem to think that they're full of charisma and not giving a **** is some kind of badge of honour. Each to their own i suppose. Let's face it, you just hate the Council, probably hate the Welsh Government as well, simply because they don't agree with your line of thinking. Try and think of other people for a change.
    Pubs opening tomorrow; should make it a bit quieter here I hope.