+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Which party is going to get your vote?
    Anyone who is not in the seat now

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone who is not in the seat now
    About as well thought out as some of the council policy that you hate.

With so much city centre shopping now inside and away from Queen Street, I wonder if they'd ever reconsider opening it back up to traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    With so much city centre shopping now inside and away from Queen Street, I wonder if they'd ever reconsider opening it back up to traffic?
    They don't want to re open Castle st.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They don't want to re open Castle st.
    You can understand why, but there is a serious lack of alternative routes. The bridge by the bus station is also no longer a proper thoroughfare, and so we're basically left with Penarth Road, and Western Avenue, if you want to cross the river. Yes, I know you can cross at James Street in the bay, or Station Road in Llandaff North, but neither of them are what you'd call city centre, or even able to carry a lot of traffic.
    It's a mess, but it's been known about for ages. They have seen this coming, and chosen to ignore it.

Let's be honest the people within the City seem intent on getting pissed , the Council has chucked its weight behind St Davids 2 corporates at the cost of the two main streets which are becoming cheap shops, coffee houses ,ice cream parlours ,pubs and clubs .

They are happy to make money from Rugby and concerts which drives the pub culture behaviours .

Culture and independent oulets can go forth and multiply as long as we can get pissed twice a year within the Autumn and Six Nation events months.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let's be honest the people within the City seem intent on getting pissed , the Council has chucked its weight behind St Davids 2 corporates at the cost of the two main streets which are becoming cheap shops, coffee houses ,ice cream parlours ,pubs and clubs .

They are happy to make money from Rugby and concerts which drives the pub culture behaviours .

Culture and independent oulets can go forth and multiply as long as we can get pissed twice a year within the Autumn and Six Nation events months.
    You got my vote as have all the well run local pubs and landlords and patrons who know how to behave across Wales its a disgusting decision and a shameful gutlessness one

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You got my vote as have all the well run local pubs and landlords and patrons who know how to behave across Wales its a disgusting decision and a shameful gutlessness one
    Yes that is right city centres pubs could close because that is where the biggest risk is due foot fall , number of people, and poor behaviours , which was the point I was responded too ,which you knew once again your obsession with me has resulted in you picking out a statement and omitted to add the full story .( it is flattering though you follow me with so much verve )

In my view this is a disproportionate government measures , private landlords and pubs are very well run and observe the rules well , as are memberships clubs like Legions , and other club type of community venues , they could go to the wall along with many jobs in those communities .

I am sure the big chain pubs in town centres will survive and I bet some don't run a tight ship with Covid rules as the smaller caring venues do , so why should they suffer or those areas that have very low transmissions .

There's me thinking you had some social care about you , saving jobs , helping communities and lonely people who rely on these venues

Yes that is right city centres pubs could close because that is where the biggest risk is due foot fall , number of people, and poor behaviours , which was the point I was responded too ,which you knew once again your obsession with me has resulted in you picking out a statement and omitted to add the full story .( it is flattering though you follow me with so much verve )

In my view this is a disproportionate government measures , private landlords and pubs are very well run and observe the rules well , as are memberships clubs like Legions , and other club type of community venues , they could go to the wall along with many jobs in those communities .

I am sure the big chain pubs in town centres will survive and I bet some don't run a tight ship with Covid rules as the smaller caring venues do , so why should they suffer or those areas that have very low transmissions .

There's me thinking you had some social care about you , saving jobs , helping communities and lonely people who rely on these venues
    I could have gone with

All I want is for the virus gone or managed the rest is not important ,people are losing loved ones

but you seemed on a roll.

Heisenberg

Council has chucked its weight behind St Davids 2 corporates at the cost of the two main streets which are becoming cheap shops, coffee houses ,ice cream parlours ,pubs and clubs .

But I thought that you loved capitalism?!

Have you become a dirty commie overnight?!

Go back to Venezuela!

The City is very sadly ageing badly it needs some innovative thinking , funding, as you would any Capital City, sadly I cant see it happening , its a venue that you would not want to be around late in the evening unless your pissed