+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Your thoughts seem based on preference, yet you can't seem to accept that some people may enjoy it. I don't really like pubs with reactionary old farts talking shit about how everything used to be better, but i wouldn't dismiss it, it's somewhere for them to go and i suppose that they're only boring each over and maybe the poor bastard behind the bar. For some unknown reason, alot of these 'older' Bar bores seem to think that they're full of charisma and not giving a **** is some kind of badge of honour. Each to their own i suppose. Let's face it, you just hate the Council, probably hate the Welsh Government as well, simply because they don't agree with your line of thinking. Try and think of other people for a change.
    Me, me, "Not thinking of other people", you obviously don't know ME. What about young mothers, disabled, elderly, trying to get across our city by BUS.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Now, if waiting 30 minutes, for a sandwich & coffee (the order was wrong as well), is GOOD SERVICE, well blow me down and go for it.
    Sunny, it might work, (people can go inside pubs next week, who will they serve first ?), Hissing Sid down, it won't work.

Enjoy you're turned up, dry bread sandwich & luke warm coffee
    You'll ignore the the queues to use it yesterday, the hundreds of people who got their correct food on time and had a nice experience and grasp onto some reporter saying their order was ballsed up so you can go aHA...there's been a lot of tongue in cheek back and forth in this thread but how much you're willing a scheme in your capital city that's a had a successful start to fail because you think cars should forever be king is genuinely sad.

I'll enjoy paying with my phone for my food and cold lager in the sun with my friends in 2020, you enjoy permanently wishing it was the 70's again

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You'll ignore the the queues to use it yesterday, the hundreds of people who got their correct food on time and had a nice experience and grasp onto some reporter saying their order was ballsed up so you can go aHA...there's been a lot of tongue in cheek back and forth in this thread but how much you're willing a scheme in your capital city that's a had a successful start to fail because you think CARS should forever be king is genuinely sad.

I'll enjoy paying with my phone for my food and cold lager in the sun with my friends in 2020, you enjoy permanently wishing it was the 70's again
    Ban cars at certain times by all means, "I only care about our bus service"

Banned

You'll ignore the the queues to use it yesterday, the hundreds of people who got their correct food on time and had a nice experience and grasp onto some reporter saying their order was ballsed up so you can go aHA...there's been a lot of tongue in cheek back and forth in this thread but how much you're willing a scheme in your capital city that's a had a successful start to fail because you think cars should forever be king is genuinely sad.

BLUETIT.jpg

Me, me, "Not thinking of other people", you obviously don't know ME. What about young mothers, disabled, elderly, trying to get across our city by BUS.
    Disabled, yes-elderly-yes-Young mothers can cope, they're fit enough to walk for 10 minutes with their kids. I've said as much in this thread, although it would be interesting to see how many complaints the council have had over this road closure. Let's face it, you just don't like change or things that don't appeal to your prejudices, you're quite dismissive. I hope that you've raised these concerns with the council. Let us know what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Pubs opening tomorrow; should make it a bit quieter here I hope.
    Yup, they can all ****off and bore some poor young girl on minimum wage on how everything is shit these days and how they hate new bank notes....probably....

Yup, they can all ****off and bore some poor young girl on minimum wage on how everything is shit these days and how they hate new bank notes....probably....
    Fecking pub bores

To be fair Delmi, the 70s was a much better time to be on the social scene. Local sport was booming, parks full of football, rugby pitches and baseball diamonds, all in full use on the weekends, pubs and clubs in their heyday, lots of civil unrest yes, but people stood up for themselves. No social media to whinge on, workers stood up for themselves and fought for their rights. I’m glad I lived in the era that I did.

I’m quite fond of bank notes, any currency, any denomination

Ban cars at certain times by all means, "I only care about our bus service"
    At various times in this thread you've moaned about congestion, pollution on Western Avenue, people mingling with Coronavirus, public toilets for the outdoor area, the policing of the two hour wait, cold sandwiches, the ability of the set up to keep out rain, pollution off heaters in there if it gets cold, the seagulls and a really weird little spell right at the start when you were kind of arguing that Tramshed wasn't part of the city of Cardiff. But yes, the bus service is all you care about.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m quite fond of bank notes, any currency, any denomination
    yeah, but what about the smash....

At various times in this thread you've moaned about congestion, pollution on Western Avenue, people mingling with Coronavirus, public toilets for the outdoor area, the policing of the two hour wait, cold sandwiches, the ability of the set up to keep out rain, pollution off heaters in there if it gets cold, the seagulls and a really weird little spell right at the start when you were kind of arguing that Tramshed wasn't part of the city of Cardiff. But yes, the bus service is all you care about.
    I think you've missed taking your tablets

To be fair Delmi, the 70s was a much better time to be on the social scene. Local sport was booming, parks full of football, rugby pitches and baseball diamonds, all in full use on the weekends, pubs and clubs in their heyday, lots of civil unrest yes, but people stood up for themselves. No social media to whinge on, workers stood up for themselves and fought for their rights. I’m glad I lived in the era that I did.
    People were probably fitter and more healthy back then, although more people probably died through work related illness.

That all sounds great Steve, and although I'm not sad to be significantly younger than you, a pup really, his whole life ahead of him, I am sad I missed some of those things. I'm not saying for a second that every change is for the better but not every one is for the worse either that's all

He cares about this City, that's all it is-You're so cynical Delm...

I think you've missed taking your tablets
    the answer of someone who's just had his ass handed to him on a plate

That all sounds great Steve, and although I'm not sad to be significantly younger than you, a pup really, his whole life ahead of him, I am sad I missed some of those things. I'm not saying for a second that every change is for the better but not every one is for the worse either that's all
    Yup, it's balance. When i was growing up in the 80s on a council estate i'd say that it was quite a violent place for a young lad, plenty of bullying, racism, getting into fights etc. Society has changed and i don't have to worry as much for my own kids safety when it comes to unprovoked gratuitous violence-that's because things have got better.

Half hour late though, and cold.

Na, you were just typing gibberish

Ridiculous!!!! As much as you’re bulling the place up there’s not one restaurant that would serve that

Na, you were just typing gibberish
    this would be a more effective response if you hadn't written it all down over the 11 pages leading up to this one

Ridiculous!!!! As much as you’re bulling the place up there’s not one restaurant that would serve that
    they would and it would taste wonderful and be served on time at a reasonable price

The eating area did £80,000 of business on its opening weekend according to this.

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/ca...ening-weekend/

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The eating area did £80,000 of business on its opening weekend according to this.

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/ca...ening-weekend/
    that's good, it says that many restaurants ran out of stock as well, long may its success continue

that's good, it says that many restaurants ran out of stock as well, long may its success continue
    I wondered why my risotto tasted very dry!