+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I wondered why my risotto tasted very dry!
    weeeeeeeey!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    that's good, it says that many restaurants ran out of stock as well, long may its success continue
    We are off there again tomorrow. Weather isn't looking as promising, but will be great to be back out.

From now on I no longer support Cardiff City Football Club, I support Cardiff's City Outside Eating Area

From now on I no longer support Cardiff City Football Club, I support Cardiff's City Outside Eating Area
    Altogether now....
    ‘��It’s Fun To Eat At The
    C..O..E..A’��

It'll be interesting to see what happens with all of the outside eating and drinking areas now that people can eat and drink inside if they so desire.

Each working day I walk past Henry's on Park Place, usually mid to late afternoon. A few weeks back, when the pubs and restaurants were allowed to reopen but only serve people outside, there were plenty of people eating and drinking at the tables they'd set up outside. They were usually full or close to it. Occasionally, there were a few people queuing for tables. However, every day this week the outside tables have been completely empty. People have still been going there but are now having their food and drinks inside instead. I've never been in Henry's myself, but from the outside they seem to have plenty of room, so I guess social distancing isn't a major issue.

Its great on a summer's day like this, but could the CCOEA do it on a rainy night in Stoke ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with all of the outside eating and drinking areas now that people can eat and drink inside if they so desire.

Each working day I walk past Henry's on Park Place, usually mid to late afternoon. A few weeks back, when the pubs and restaurants were allowed to reopen but only serve people outside, there were plenty of people eating and drinking at the tables they'd set up outside. They were usually full or close to it. Occasionally, there were a few people queuing for tables. However, every day this week the outside tables have been completely empty. People have still been going there but are now having their food and drinks inside instead. I've never been in Henry's myself, but from the outside they seem to have plenty of room, so I guess social distancing isn't a major issue.
    I'm surprised people have been going inside, thought they'd be more nervous about that to be honest. Although I suppose the truly nervous wouldn't go out to eat at all.

Also just so you know, I consider you the Bristol City to my beloved CCOEA. Bluetit's Swansea.

I'm surprised people have been going inside, thought they'd be more nervous about that to be honest. Although I suppose the truly nervous wouldn't go out to eat at all.
    The weather hasn't been great this week, although no different to the past couple of weeks when they were busy outside. When I was walking into Park Place from Queen Street on Monday and saw nobody sitting outside I assumed they'd had to close for some reason, but as I passed I saw there were several tables full of people eating inside. There hasn't been a single person sitting outside when I've passed Henry's this week and they've also taken down the parasols that were outside, although all of the seats and tables are still there (or were yesterday).

As regards people being nervous, I went to a pub last Saturday afternoon for the first time since the lockdown - the Pantmawr in Rhiwbina. It was very busy and while the set-up was quite good, it's fair to say that very few people appeared to be carefully observing social distancing. Almost everyone seems to be a bit more respectful of other people's personal space these days, but in and around the pub the situation was definitely more relaxed than I'd expected.

Meanwhile, the buses out of the city centre are definitely getting busier. Twice this week my bus home has been almost bang on the new capacity, which in effect is half full. Compare that to a couple of weeks ago, when it was a surprise if there were more than four or five people onboard. Masks are supposed to be mandatory, but that's not being enforced. The majority are wearing them, but some aren't including a few of the drivers.

The weather hasn't been great this week, although no different to the past couple of weeks when they were busy outside. When I was walking into Park Place from Queen Street on Monday and saw nobody sitting outside I assumed they'd had to close for some reason, but as I passed I saw there were several tables full of people eating inside. There hasn't been a single person sitting outside when I've passed Henry's this week and they've also taken down the parasols that were outside, although all of the seats and tables are still there (or were yesterday).

As regards people being nervous, I went to a pub last Saturday afternoon for the first time since the lockdown - the Pantmawr in Rhiwbina. It was very busy and while the set-up was quite good, it's fair to say that very few people appeared to be carefully observing social distancing. Almost everyone seems to be a bit more respectful of other people's personal space these days, but in and around the pub the situation was definitely more relaxed than I'd expected.

Meanwhile, the buses out of the city centre are definitely getting busier. Twice this week my bus home has been almost bang on the new capacity, which in effect is half full. Compare that to a couple of weeks ago, when it was a surprise if there were more than four or five people onboard. Masks are supposed to be mandatory, but that's not being enforced. The majority are wearing them, but some aren't including a few of the drivers.
    In my line of work we've been asked to "soft isolate" - to avoid being inside pubs and restaurants and general indoor gatherings if at all possible for the duration of the job (5 weeks). It's not mandatory but a request with the view of trying to avoid it getting shut down. I wonder if any other industries are asking similar

In my line of work we've been asked to "soft isolate" - to avoid being inside pubs and restaurants and general indoor gatherings if at all possible for the duration of the job (5 weeks). It's not mandatory but a request with the view of trying to avoid it getting shut down. I wonder if any other industries are asking similar
    When I worked in our Cardiff office last week I was asked to bring in my lunch and avoid leaving the office unless it was really necessary.* It seems odd that they only requested this when you arrive at the office and not in the documentation they sent out ahead of time on returning to work, but it is a step to help I guess. In the London office there is no similar request.

* As is evident from this thread, I deemed going out to check on the status of the outdoor-parasol-road thing a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    When I worked in our Cardiff office last week I was asked to bring in my lunch and avoid leaving the office unless it was really necessary.* It seems odd that they only requested this when you arrive at the office and not in the documentation they sent out ahead of time on returning to work, but it is a step to help I guess. In the London office there is no similar request.

* As is evident from this thread, I deemed going out to check on the status of the outdoor-parasol-road thing a necessity.
    It's an imperativeness. Fairly quiet this week when I've gone past mid afternoon (unlike Henry's which had 12 outdoor tables in use around 4.00 today) but last Sunday there were queues of 20 people for each section of the eating area, apparently it was like it all weekend.

Where I work is considering joining the scheme. Two managers were talking to a rep when I went in this morning but I'm not sure if we'll join up yet. I'll see if I can get Delmbox a replica kit if we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Where I work is considering joining the scheme. Two managers were talking to a rep when I went in this morning but I'm not sure if we'll join up yet. I'll see if I can get Delmbox a replica kit if we do.
    Don't make promises you can't keep

I finished work a little earlier than usual this afternoon, so I took a stroll up Castle Street to see what was happening at about 3:00pm. Two things surprised me about the outdoor-parasol-road area: firstly, how many people were sat there, and secondly, how few appeared to have any kind of food in front of them.

Around half of the tables at the section closest to Queen Street were taken and maybe a third of the tables were full in the second part. That was certainly more than I expected. However, the only people I saw eating there were a young couple munching on boxes of noodles. A few other people had drinks of various descriptions in front of them, but nobody else had any food as far as I could see. One family of four appeared to be getting more than a little agitated with their situation. I'm guessing whatever they'd ordered was taking longer than they'd imagined to arrive.

Meanwhile, four of the twelve tables were taken outside Henry's this afternoon. There were a few people inside, but not many from what I could see. It's warm today, see butt, innit?

This is the Lone Gunman, Wales at Four Thirty, Cardiff.

Over and out.

I finished work a little earlier than usual this afternoon, so I took a stroll up Castle Street to see what was happening at about 3:00pm. Two things surprised me about the outdoor-parasol-road area: firstly, how many people were sat there, and secondly, how few appeared to have any kind of food in front of them.

Around half of the tables at the section closest to Queen Street were taken and maybe a third of the tables were full in the second part. That was certainly more than I expected. However, the only people I saw eating there were a young couple munching on boxes of noodles. A few other people had drinks of various descriptions in front of them, but nobody else had any food as far as I could see. One family of four appeared to be getting more than a little agitated with their situation. I'm guessing whatever they'd ordered was taking longer than they'd imagined to arrive.

Meanwhile, four of the twelve tables were taken outside Henry's this afternoon. There were a few people inside, but not many from what I could see. It's warm today, see butt, innit?

This is the Lone Gunman, Wales at Four Thirty, Cardiff.

Over and out.
    Sounds like the boys are having a tough day at the office but they'll stick together and work as a team and I'm confident that tomorrow food will be flying out. This was always going to be a tricky week when we're playing against the rain later on but it's a marathon not a sprint and I'm confident they'll give it their all

Sounds like the boys are having a tough day at the office but they'll stick together and work as a team and I'm confident that tomorrow food will be flying out. This was always going to be a tricky week when we're playing against the rain later on but it's a marathon not a sprint and I'm confident they'll give it their all
    Only 3 tables being used in one section when I went past this afternoon. Disappointing to see TLG and Bluetit down there singing 'you're not busy any more', no need for that.

I gather it's not part of the half price meal deal that's running Monday-Wednesday through August (I assume their meals are classed as deliveries) which is really going to affect its trade on those days. Saying that, there wasn't a queue on either section on Saturday afternoon which surprised me as it had been busier than an Etien Velikonja book signing the weekend before. I haven't seen much customer feedback about it yet, I'd be interested to see an article if it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Only 3 tables being used in one section when I went past this afternoon. Disappointing to see TLG and BLUETIT down there singing 'you're not busy any more', no need for that.

I gather it's not part of the half price meal deal that's running Monday-Wednesday through August (I assume their meals are classed as deliveries) which is really going to affect its trade on those days. Saying that, there wasn't a queue on either section on Saturday afternoon which surprised me as it had been busier than an Etien Velikonja book signing the weekend before. I haven't seen much customer feedback about it yet, I'd be interested to see an article if it exists.
    Definitely not me, as my 27 bus-stop is to far away for me to struggle, in this heat, to WALK across our car free City. Now, if my bus stop was nearer, me and the Mrs, could order a turned up edges, Panini sandwich & cold coffee (we would have ordered hot coffee, but because of the 30 minute wait, it'll arrive iced).

It's not for me, I would prefer an integrated TRANSPORT SYSTEM, across our City and not having visitors to our great City, being at a loss, as to where they can find a connecting bus, which isn't almost a three quarters of a mile, from the station.

Hope everyone enjoys their turned up at the edges panini.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Definitely not me, as my 27 bus-stop is to far away for me to struggle, in this heat, to WALK across our car free City. Now, if my bus stop was nearer, me and the Mrs, could order a turned up edges, Panini sandwich & cold coffee (we would have ordered hot coffee, but because of the 30 minute wait, it'll arrive iced).

It's not for me, I would prefer an integrated TRANSPORT SYSTEM, across our City and not having visitors to our great City, being at a loss, as to where they can find a connecting bus, which isn't almost a three quarters of a mile, from the station.

We will, thanks Bluetit!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

O+

We will, thanks Bluetit!
    You and the cat been there yet Delm?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You and the cat been there yet Delm?
    Two cats! And no, every time I've been it's been full because it's a roaring success

Two cats! And no, every time I've been it's been full because it's a roaring success

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...e-gws-wiz-serp

you've probably only been down there on sunny days when the expected number of tables occupied is high, let's see how it performs on a rainy day when the xTable is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you've probably only been down there on sunny days when the expected number of tables occupied is high, let's see how it performs on a rainy day when the xTable is much lower.
    People forget that Cardiff hasn't had the funds put into it compared to some of the bigger cities, a realistic aim for an outdoor eating area our size is to make the best of the big sunny days and try and snatch a full table or two on the wet ones

People forget that Cardiff hasn't had the funds put into it compared to some of the bigger cities, a realistic aim for an outdoor eating area our size is to make the best of the big sunny days and try and snatch a full table or two on the wet ones
    Some people seem really hopeful that this scheme fails, it seems to be those who moan about most things that don't suit their preferences or lifestyle choices. Very odd. I also think that they hate the local authority and I'd put a couple of quid on the chance that they hate the Welsh government as well.