+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Venting? Venting? how very dare you.
    I may get a response from the council but i won't get an argument will I?
    Depends on which room you enter

https://youtu.be/xpAvcGcEc0k

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We just need a far better public transport system, electric trams maybe? It would look very nice all closed off but whether it’s practical doubt chucking loads of traffic through western ave, llandaff etc instead. Tell you what they should do is make Wellfield rd pedestrian a only, it’s always too busy anyway.
    Yes but they'd probably have a public enquiry then a government one to see the environmental affect of trams on Drakeford's country garden country and then reject it. They can then set up a commission with a huge budget to look at alternatives.

I agree with what you say about Wellfield road, and while they're at it the should close Merthyr road in Whitchurch, traffic is killing the local area. And they could close Cowbridge Road east past the shops in Canton and send everything down Wellington Street, close Severn Grove and Conway Road and close Pontcanna street too, that is used by far to many people and is very close to Mr Drakeford's house!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Now that's a poor analogy, Tone. They have literally put something in place for our safety by introducing speed limits.

If you want a speed limit analogy on this topic - how about if the government removed speed limits entirely... would they take no responsibility for the obvious increase in deaths up and down the country?
    God, he gave you that one on a plate didn't he

For the record, 100% agree with you on the gun analogy in the other thread, and the destruction of any uniqueness and identity about the city in this one

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The original poster, is talking about access to our wonderful city, but you’ve brought a venue selling overpriced, warm, plastic receptacled booze, into the debate, which is not what the original poster, was aiming at.

You’ve given a politician’s reply, which has no baring on the debate .

Exactly the same as your “gun analogy” in another thread.

Go and have a nice rest and a cup of coffee
    Mr Tit, Tramshed is a music venue, Why are you talking about the booze they sell as opposed to the music they play and what that brings to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Mr Tit, Tramshed is a music venue, Why are you talking about the booze they sell as opposed to the music they play and what that brings to the area.
    It is also available for private parties

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    God, he gave you that one on a plate didn't he

For the record, 100% agree with you on the gun analogy in the other thread, and the destruction of any uniqueness and identity about the city in this one
    Thank you for your support, Mr Delmbox. I hope I can count on your continued backing and your potential vote in the next election.

(Another "politician's reply" from me)

The council made their intentions clear about 20 years ago when they paved the bus stop pull-ins and extended them into the road. Busses now stop on the mai road, cars often cannot pass.

Cardiff need to have an integrated transport system along the lines on London (but a bit cheaper, obv) before they block private cars.

If the public transport was good, this wouldn't be an issue.

Speaking as somebody who walks through the city centre most working days under normal circumstances, who walked through the city centre most working days during the height of the pandemic and who has walked through the city centre most working days since the changes were introduced, I can confirm without fear of contradiction that what the council have done is an absolute, complete and utter ****ing shitshow with no benefits whatsoever.

To those who are suggesting it's OK, I'd ask you one question: have you actually witnessed this farce for yourselves?

I assume that the "covered area" hasn't been completed yet. Maybe you could wait and see if the changes they're implenting actually work before having a meltown?
    The changes they've implemented are a joke. It's no more complicated than that really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Speaking as somebody who walks through the city centre most working days under normal circumstances, who walked through the city centre most working days during the height of the pandemic and who has walked through the city centre most working days since the changes were introduced, I can confirm without fear of contradiction that what the council have done is an absolute, complete and utter ****ing shitshow with no benefits whatsoever.

To those who are suggesting it's OK, I'd ask you one question: have you actually witnessed this farce for yourselves?
    It is another way OTT joke, can you imagine people going out in the evening and then adhering to the nonsense written on the street?
    Even more funny will be the council jokers trying to implement it. It will all be gone and go down as another huge waste of money in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It is another way OTT joke, can you imagine people going out in the evening and then adhering to the nonsense written on the street?
    Well absolutely nobody pays any attention to it during the daytime, so I very much doubt it.

Our city centre looks very decent under normal circumstances. In my experience, visitors are generally impressed. Now our streets are full of pitiful yellow paint, the roads are overflowing with traffic bollards and there are pointless wooden huts dotted all over the place getting in everybody's way.

Meanwhile, getting in and out of town has become a great deal more difficult.

Utter madness. Whoever came up with this load of bollocks needs a good shoeing.

Get your compass and maps out Tom, as you’re a bit away from THE CENTRE of Cardiff
    What's your point? Tramshed is still part of the city!

The original poster, is talking about access to our wonderful city, but you’ve brought a venue selling overpriced, warm, plastic receptacled booze, into the debate, which is not what the original poster, was aiming at.

You’ve given a politician’s reply, which has no baring on the debate .

Exactly the same as your “gun analogy” in another thread.

Go and have a nice rest and a cup of coffee
    So you dont believe a popular music venue should be saved?

Well absolutely nobody pays any attention to it during the daytime, so I very much doubt it.

Our city centre looks very decent under normal circumstances. In my experience, visitors are generally impressed. Now our streets are full of pitiful yellow paint, the roads are overflowing with traffic bollards and there are pointless wooden huts dotted all over the place getting in everybody's way.

Meanwhile, getting in and out of town has become a great deal more difficult.

Utter madness. Whoever came up with this load of bollocks needs a good shoeing.
    Will the street dwellers be eyeing up these wooden huts?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It won't do me any good at all. If they took no notice of the combined voice of all the shop keepers in Castle street and its environs what makes you think for 1 moment they will take any notice of me?
    And the next thing is they'll be putting Council tax up ans saying it is to pay for the extra cost brought on by corona virus. But I'll bet you a dollar they will never reduce it again and say the extra costs have now been recovered. Not a chance!

But hey, all you perfect citizens out there who agree with everything that is done and never break the practice or spirit of the coronavirus measures, don't listen to me. go and see for yourselves, talk to the traders in the city, talk to the bus drivers talk to people trying to shop, see what they think.
    If some on here had their way we'd be in lockdown for ever, "For the good of the country". Are the council going to financially support all the businesses their action put out of business? you can answer that one yourselves
    Its easy to criticise what the Wag and City council are doing, but if you think its so wrong what is your solution?

Cardiff is one accident away from gridlock on most (normal) weekends, and this won't help matters at all. It's fortunate in some ways that traffic is quiet at the moment, or closing Castle Street would cause even more of a problem. There are not enough bridges over the Taff (ie. to go east-west), and this leads to bottlenecks.
    I've complained on here before about the Council's traffic policy, and it's not going to get any better, There are plans to bring in 'pay-to-park' on a number of busy streets (Whitchurch Road, for example), and this will further damage shops by preventing people from stopping. Cathays Terrace and Allensbank Road are going to lose a third of their widths to new 'kerbed' cycle lanes, and whereas I have no problem with that in itself, it will mean that a few hundred parking spaces will be lost.
    But to go back to the city centre itself, I can see this becoming a wasteland - few shops, just bars and coffee houses. Queen Street is already very tatty and there are a number of empty shops. If they want to boost the city centre, it should be easy to drive there, and there should be free and easily accessible parking. Will they do it? Don't be daft - they'd rather see the city collapse, than go back on their plans.
    Last edited by tforturton; 03-07-20 at 16:48. Reason: spelling

I haven't been in, has the covered area been completed then?

Heisenberg

The changes they've implemented are a joke. It's no more complicated than that really.
    They haven't been implemented yet, have they? (We're still talking about the reasons for closure of Castle Steeet, I assume). Genuine question as I've not been into the centre of town lately.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I haven't been in, has the covered area been completed then?
    Spooky!

Spooky!
    omg we're best friends

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    What's your point? Tramshed is still part of the city!
    My point is, the original poster was talking about CASTLE/WESTGATE STREETS , which is nowhere near Tramshed
    Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    So you dont believe a popular music venue should be saved?
    Every entertainment venue should be saved.

My point is, the original poster was talking about CASTLE/WESTGATE STREETS , which is nowhere near Tramshed

Every entertainment venue should be saved.
    The op actually called the thread "Cardiff Council are killing the City" therefore the fate of Tramshed is extremely relevant

Less than a mile is pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Less than a mile is pretty close.

But, the original poster is talking about streets/roads/traffic/buses, he mentions everything bar the f ucking Tramshed

But, the original poster is talking about streets/roads/traffic/buses, he mentions everything bar the f ucking Tramshed
    The thread is about The City of Cardiff!