+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A proper reply from the council? Stop it. You're killing me 😂😂
    I agree. Some months ago I wrote to Caro Wild councillor with responsibility for transport pointing out the fact that Cardiff seems to be the 'speed bump' centre of the UK and the dangers of these around our schools with traffic braking then accelerating as they navigate the bumps, thereby increasing NO2 levels and pollutants from brake dust.

Many towns in the UK use flashing warning signs near schools and these have the advantage of functioning only when schools are open, whereas bumps are operational 24/7.

Did I get a reply....still waiting.

All Caro Wild seems concerned about is reducing the high NO2 levels in Castle St, which apparently is an issue exceeding EU regulations, so he'll be well pleased that the road is now closed to traffic.

Cardiff's plans for the area will, in my opinion, make it focal point for eating and drinking coupled with anti-social behaviour, and families out for a quiet meal will no doubt avoid it.

And where are the public toilet facilities in the area? The castle wall?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I agree. Some months ago I wrote to Caro Wild councillor with responsibility for transport pointing out the fact that Cardiff seems to be the 'speed bump' centre of the UK and the dangers of these around our schools with traffic braking then accelerating as they navigate the bumps, thereby increasing NO2 levels and pollutants from brake dust.

Many towns in the UK use flashing warning signs near schools and these have the advantage of functioning only when schools are open, whereas bumps are operational 24/7.

Did I get a reply....still waiting.

All Caro Wild seems concerned about is reducing the high NO2 levels in Castle St, which apparently is an issue exceeding EU regulations, so he'll be well pleased that the road is now closed to traffic.

Cardiff's plans for the area will, in my opinion, make it focal point for eating and drinking coupled with anti-social behaviour, and families out for a quiet meal will no doubt avoid it.

And where are the PUBLIC TOILETS facilities in the area? The castle wall?
    You’re taking “the piss” now

Like you, I’m still waiting for a reply from the council, waste of space, the lot of them, EVEN THE ONES ON HERE !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    omg we're best friends
    So neither you or Heisenberg have been into the centre since these changes occurred?
    Bit like 2 boxers giving their opinions on rule changes in synchronised swimming 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ah the old " you havent played the game yourself " what do you know?

How fortunate we are to have so many experts on this board .

The gunman for walking through town .

CCFc30 or whatever his name is for everything else ..
    What a daft response! Surely someone who regularly walks through the city centre on a daily basis, is gonna know more about the fu*k up the council has created, than someone who doesn’t ?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So neither you or Heisenberg have been into the centre since these changes occurred?
    Bit like 2 boxers giving their opinions on rule changes in synchronised swimming 😂
    Come on, be fair. Neither of us has even given an opinion. We have simply asked if the work has been completed on the thing that's apparently the cause of the disruption in the city centre and asked whether people can know for sure that it won't be worth it when the potential positive effects of the idea is implemented.

It may very well be the shittest thing to happen to Castle Street this side of the money spunked away on that Christmas 'Tree' (in the loosest sense) that they ended up having to replace, but do we know that yet?

Aren't you usually one of the first posters to criticise others for overreacting to things that haven't even happened yet? I thought you'd appreciate the stance of 'wait and see' for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Come on, be fair. Neither of us has even given an opinion. We have simply asked if the work has been completed on the thing that's apparently the cause of the disruption in the city centre and asked whether people can know for sure that it won't be worth it when the potential positive effects of the idea is implemented.

It may very well be the shittest thing to happen to Castle Street this side of the money spunked away on that Christmas 'Tree' (in the loosest sense) that they ended up having to replace, but do we know that yet?

Aren't you usually one of the first posters to criticise others for overreacting to things that haven't even happened yet? I thought you'd appreciate the stance of 'wait and see' for a change.

It’s blocking off the whole City !!!!!
    All traffic will practically be diverted onto Western Avenue, then down “SINGLE LANE”, Cardiff Road.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, can see it’s a pointless exercise. Traffic on Western Avenue, will be pumping shit out of their exhaust pipes at an alarming rate.
    City will be gridlocked

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    All traffic will practically be diverted onto Western Avenue, then down “SINGLE LANE”, Cardiff Road.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, can see it’s a pointless exercise. Traffic on Western Avenue, will be pumping shit out of their exhaust pipes at an alarming rate.
    City will be gridlocked
    It’s bad enough there already, maybe they will revisit the masterplan to open up a road cutting through llandaff field by the riding school to pontcanna. That went down really well before.....

I have always thought that street could be better mind. It’s in a great location in front of the castle and where several streets and arcades meet, and of course womanby street, but so many empty units there. I almost purchased the small cafe which is along that stretch about 15 years ago, they just wanted too much rent on it and a long lease for me at the time. So much footfall, but there’s nothing there, even where the motor bike shop used to be for years is still empty and the castle arms pub is it, is still closed.

International

Are you daring to suggest I overreacted in my OP
    do you know where Beddau is?

If you hop over the wall just in the corner like I used to all the time after a few pints of hurlimans in the four bars, the moat is just by there for a slash. I’m sure it will be fine, you don’t want to slip on to the iron railing spikes mind when going back and forth

Heisenberg

City will be gridlocked
    If that's the case then I'll join you in criticising them, Tone. I'll just wait until the things you say are going to happen, happen.

I'd like Castle Street to be open to traffic more than most posters, I'd imagine. I was using it at least 4 times a week before the closure. I'm just willing to give the changes a chance if they have manage to allow bars and restaurants in the area to open.

If that's the case then I'll join you in criticising them, Tone. I'll just wait until the things you say are going to happen, happen.

I'd like Castle Street to be open to traffic more than most posters, I'd imagine. I was using it at least 4 times a week before the closure. I'm just willing to give the changes a chance if they have manage to allow bars and restaurants in the area to open.

I thought the object of the exercise was to keep people away from each other, NOT MINGLE TOGETHER ????

Cardiff people, go to town shopping, but keep 2 metres apart, when you’ve finished shopping, come to our new TENTS and WALK FREELY AMONGST CORONAVIRUS CARRIERS

YOU COULDN’T GET A BETTER COMEDY SKETCH

I thought the object of the exercise was to keep people away from each other, NOT MINGLE TOGETHER ????

Cardiff people, go to town shopping, but keep 2 metres apart, when you’ve finished shopping, come to our new TENTS and WALK FREELY AMONGST CORONAVIRUS CARRIERS

2 meters, that’s a joke

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    2 meters, that’s a joke
    Gas & ‘lectric ?

You could quite easily get a better comedy sketch, and stop catastrophising before the work's even been completed. It might end up being a terrible idea but I don't think we're at the IT'S A DISASTER stage before the frickin tent's even up

Heisenberg

Well, I can see that you're keeping an open mind about it. That's the spirit

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are you daring to suggest I overreacted in my OP
    do you know where Beddau is?
    I used to, but Cardiff Council have blocked off all routes to get there... The bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Very droll, Jimmy. Very droll.

Have you been to the city centre during the last fortnight? If so, I'd be interested in your view of the current situation.
    I have

Would u be interested in my views ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have

Would u be interested in my views ?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    yes
    Well it's like any other major uk city really

It seems to be seeing a gentle seepage of people but let's be honest here ......the city centre of cardiff is too congested for a city and hinterland of its size and the sooner we have a coordinated metro system the better

International

Well it's like any other major uk city really

It seems to be seeing a gentle seepage of people but let's be honest here ......the city centre of cardiff is too congested for a city and hinterland of its size and the sooner we have a coordinated metro system the better
    I agree public transport needs to be grabbed by the scruff of its neck and shaken, hypothetically speaking. I lived and worked in London for many years and I would never dream of using a car. always the tube or bus. With the existing rail lines and the plans for east Cardiff it should be happening now but it isn't. They could have added the money they have wasted in town this last 2 weeks to the infrastructure pot.
    That is the biggest problem. They are trying to force people out of their cars but are denying them any meaningful alternative. They are strangling the life out of the city. And when a lot of the businesses they are now crucifying whilst claiming to be helping them are gone, they will never ever return.

Well it's like any other major uk city r
    Been to Cardiff city centre in the last fortnight have you? Don’t believe you.

Yes , walked past the castle , up onto north road , past college of music and drama and fished in the docks feeder canal in bute park

If you were at the top end of queen street we could have met up for a coffee

Where has the short arsed scribe naffed off to now ?

Maybe hes got a job as an open top bus tour guide ?

Restricted routes only

Where has the short arsed scribe naffed off to now ?

Maybe hes got a job as an open top bus tour guide ?

Restricted routes only
    I still don’t believe you.