+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They haven't been implemented yet, have they? (We're still talking about the reasons for closure of Castle Steeet, I assume). Genuine question as I've not been into the centre of town lately.
    xsnaggle wasn't talking solely about the closure of Castle Street and neither was I. That's an absolute joke in itself, but it's not the only problem by any means.

Castle Street is not the only road that is closed around the city centre. Far from it. There are bollards all over the place blocking a variety of roads as far up as Station Terrace and part of Newport Road. Meanwhile, utterly pointless wooden 'information' cabins have popped up in various locations around the centre, Queen Street has been plastered with idiotic yellow paint that amounts to little more than graffiti as it's being ignored by almost everyone, while groups of council workers sit or stand around in high-viz jackets burning up our ever-increasing council tax for no apparent reason.

Like most people I've spoken to in recent weeks, I want to see a gradual return to normality. The last four months have been difficult and I can fully appreciate that things are not going to return to normal quickly. It will be a steady process, but what we definitely don't need under any circumstances is the council making a dog's dinner of the city centre while making life even more difficult for the vast majority of shoppers, traders and those of us who need to travel in and out of the centre for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ah the old " you havent played the game yourself " what do you know?

How fortunate we are to have so many experts on this board .

The gunman for walking through town .

CCFc30 or whatever his name is for everything else ..
    Very droll, Jimmy. Very droll.

Have you been to the city centre during the last fortnight? If so, I'd be interested in your view of the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Very droll, Jimmy. Very droll.

Have you been to the city centre during the last fortnight? If so, I'd be interested in your view of the current situation.
    I have

Would u be interested in my views ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have

Would u be interested in my views ?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    yes
    Well it's like any other major uk city really

It seems to be seeing a gentle seepage of people but let's be honest here ......the city centre of cardiff is too congested for a city and hinterland of its size and the sooner we have a coordinated metro system the better

International

Well it's like any other major uk city really

It seems to be seeing a gentle seepage of people but let's be honest here ......the city centre of cardiff is too congested for a city and hinterland of its size and the sooner we have a coordinated metro system the better
    I agree public transport needs to be grabbed by the scruff of its neck and shaken, hypothetically speaking. I lived and worked in London for many years and I would never dream of using a car. always the tube or bus. With the existing rail lines and the plans for east Cardiff it should be happening now but it isn't. They could have added the money they have wasted in town this last 2 weeks to the infrastructure pot.
    That is the biggest problem. They are trying to force people out of their cars but are denying them any meaningful alternative. They are strangling the life out of the city. And when a lot of the businesses they are now crucifying whilst claiming to be helping them are gone, they will never ever return.

Well it's like any other major uk city r
    Been to Cardiff city centre in the last fortnight have you? Don’t believe you.

Yes , walked past the castle , up onto north road , past college of music and drama and fished in the docks feeder canal in bute park

If you were at the top end of queen street we could have met up for a coffee

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    2 meters, that’s a joke
    Gas & ‘lectric ?

Where has the short arsed scribe naffed off to now ?

Maybe hes got a job as an open top bus tour guide ?

Restricted routes only

Where has the short arsed scribe naffed off to now ?

Maybe hes got a job as an open top bus tour guide ?

Restricted routes only
    I still don’t believe you.

I still don’t believe you.
    There is a bus called the X2

It comes from porthcawl , goes to bridgend and then you get on it and it takes you to cardiff bay and its final stop is central station

The other say , when it was sunny , I fancied a days fishing, it's a far more interesting and active hobby than feeding dead mice to tarantulas

So I hoped on the bus with my 7 foot rod and my rucksack

I got off at central station , walked down st mary street , onto night street , crossed over to the castle and beared left , past queen street and headed north where I eventually came to a small stone bridge which if you walk over takes you over the taff feeder canal , it's a very narrow stream , about as wide as you are high , if that gives you a clue

I spent two hours walking up and down the stream and caught 3 small trout and a few perch

It was most enjoyable

So to answer your enquiry at the tail end of the recent hot weather I caifgr a bus into cardiff city centre . I walked through part of cardiff city centre , went fishing then walked back through the city centre where I caught the bus home .

Wether a short arse miserable former goth believes that I did this is not going to spoil tonight's beef fried rice with sweet and sour pork

Once upon a time, in a land far away.....
    I still don't believe you. It's a fairy tale. And it's grim.

I still don't believe you. It's a fairy tale. And it's grim.
    I dont care and its grimm not grim you feckwit

I went fishing recently in cardiff on a hot sunny day and on that day I walked from central station over wood street up st mary street onto castle street , past the start of queen street and over to the edge of the castle then past the car parking pay and display then to the stone bridge , had a lovely fish , then walked back through the city centre in the same way and came home . Saw some attractive women in their summer dresses too .

I really enjoyed myself in the city centre of the capital city of wales which is for everybody to enjoy not just miserable twats who like to moan about something on their way to work .

I dont care and its grimm not grim you feckwit
    It was a pun, you dull ****.

Still don't believe you.

It was a pun, you dull ****.

Still don't believe you.
    Feck off you stupid little bald dwarf

I will be going again in a few weeks if you can prise your sorry little arse out of your office chair

Mind you with your little legs you will have to put the roller skates on to get here in time

It must be hell living with stumpy little legs , doubles your journey time ff sake

I will be going again in a few weeks.....
    Blimey, that will be four times this year, won't it? You are getting adventurous.

Blimey, that will be four times this year, won't it? You are getting adventurous.

Fishing or going into cardiff ?

Incorrect on both counts

Let's examine your grief ridden life

Boring office job

Pub

Spiders

The odd gig , if you can sponge a lift

It's hardly hedonistic

It's hardly hedonistic
    By comparison to your moribund existence it's positively vibrant.

This is the most funniest posts for a long time,hope the both of you keep it up

Your idea of rock and roll is sitting in your grotty little flat , ordering a chinese and getting your long suffering girlfriend to serve it up whilst you watch pointless or strictly come dancing

Sort yourself out , you are going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This is the most funniest posts for a long time,hope the both of you keep it up
    Everything I am saying about him is true

And he knows it

Hes drifting along in the boat of life and the oars are broken and hes fecked

Everything I am saying about him is true

And he knows it

Hes drifting along in the boat of life and the oars are broken and hes fecked
    I think you pair should bash it out in the ring

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I think you pair should bash it out in the ring
    It's not going to happen

I am super heavyweight

Hes featherweight

Plus hes five foot two

It's not going to happen

I am super heavyweight

Hes featherweight

Plus hes five foot two
    David and Goliudge