+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I still don’t believe you.
    There is a bus called the X2

It comes from porthcawl , goes to bridgend and then you get on it and it takes you to cardiff bay and its final stop is central station

The other say , when it was sunny , I fancied a days fishing, it's a far more interesting and active hobby than feeding dead mice to tarantulas

So I hoped on the bus with my 7 foot rod and my rucksack

I got off at central station , walked down st mary street , onto night street , crossed over to the castle and beared left , past queen street and headed north where I eventually came to a small stone bridge which if you walk over takes you over the taff feeder canal , it's a very narrow stream , about as wide as you are high , if that gives you a clue

I spent two hours walking up and down the stream and caught 3 small trout and a few perch

It was most enjoyable

So to answer your enquiry at the tail end of the recent hot weather I caifgr a bus into cardiff city centre . I walked through part of cardiff city centre , went fishing then walked back through the city centre where I caught the bus home .

Wether a short arse miserable former goth believes that I did this is not going to spoil tonight's beef fried rice with sweet and sour pork

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Once upon a time, in a land far away.....
    I still don't believe you. It's a fairy tale. And it's grim.

I still don't believe you. It's a fairy tale. And it's grim.
    I dont care and its grimm not grim you feckwit

I went fishing recently in cardiff on a hot sunny day and on that day I walked from central station over wood street up st mary street onto castle street , past the start of queen street and over to the edge of the castle then past the car parking pay and display then to the stone bridge , had a lovely fish , then walked back through the city centre in the same way and came home . Saw some attractive women in their summer dresses too .

I really enjoyed myself in the city centre of the capital city of wales which is for everybody to enjoy not just miserable twats who like to moan about something on their way to work .

I dont care and its grimm not grim you feckwit
    It was a pun, you dull ****.

Still don't believe you.

It was a pun, you dull ****.

Still don't believe you.
    Feck off you stupid little bald dwarf

I will be going again in a few weeks if you can prise your sorry little arse out of your office chair

Mind you with your little legs you will have to put the roller skates on to get here in time

It must be hell living with stumpy little legs , doubles your journey time ff sake

I will be going again in a few weeks.....
    Blimey, that will be four times this year, won't it? You are getting adventurous.

Blimey, that will be four times this year, won't it? You are getting adventurous.

Fishing or going into cardiff ?

Incorrect on both counts

Let's examine your grief ridden life

Boring office job

Pub

Spiders

The odd gig , if you can sponge a lift

It's hardly hedonistic

It's hardly hedonistic
    By comparison to your moribund existence it's positively vibrant.

This is the most funniest posts for a long time,hope the both of you keep it up

Your idea of rock and roll is sitting in your grotty little flat , ordering a chinese and getting your long suffering girlfriend to serve it up whilst you watch pointless or strictly come dancing

Sort yourself out , you are going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This is the most funniest posts for a long time,hope the both of you keep it up
    Everything I am saying about him is true

And he knows it

Hes drifting along in the boat of life and the oars are broken and hes fecked

Everything I am saying about him is true

And he knows it

Hes drifting along in the boat of life and the oars are broken and hes fecked
    I think you pair should bash it out in the ring

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    It's not going to happen

I am super heavyweight

Hes featherweight

Plus hes five foot two

It's not going to happen

I am super heavyweight

Hes featherweight

Plus hes five foot two
    David and Goliudge

David and Goliudge
    Remember that short bloke off fantasy island who used to point up at the plane ?

Him , bald

That's what I am up against

As long as they don't try to slog it out on a pool table. Did you ever see the famous footage of their last game? Fu*k me. Stevie Wonder would have beaten both of them with a broken broom handle!

International

sdomeone asked a little while ago what had been done in Castle street.
    I was there this morning and the answer is - - - nothing!!
    The road has now been closed for 2 weeks and there is nothing happening, no Covered areas, no tents, no marquees, no seats, no tables...... nothing. There is not even any sign of any activity starting, nothing at all.
    It becomes more and more clear that the closure of the street was the real aim of the action and the loss of business it causes to the shops in the centre is of no interest to the council. it is driven by dogma and the interest of those on the council not by any care for the community or the livelihood of the traders. They are secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    sdomeone asked a little while ago what had been done in Castle street.
    I was there this morning and the answer is - - - nothing!!
    The road has now been closed for 2 weeks and there is nothing happening, no Covered areas, no tents, no marquees, no seats, no tables...... nothing. There is not even any sign of any activity starting, nothing at all.
    It becomes more and more clear that the closure of the street was the real aim of the action and the loss of business it causes to the shops in the centre is of no interest to the council. it is driven by dogma and the interest of those on the council not by any care for the community or the livelihood of the traders. They are secondary.
    Not quite true I have seen folk sitting and laying on the pavement in those areas , holding thin white carrier bags that are straining to hold their heavy contents ?

As I've said in this thread, I'm not anti this idea in theory but what the hell is going on in there? Was in town yesterday and there's no sign of anything being built, is it still happening?

On another note, city centre being RUINED by the PAINT is a massive exaggeration, it's totally fine and helps with social distancing by keeping people to the left and to the right where appropriate. Some nice outdoor seating areas too.

But I am confused at the lack of progress with the covered area

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    As I've said in this thread, I'm not anti this idea in theory but what the hell is going on in there? Was in town yesterday and there's no sign of anything being built, is it still happening?

On another note, city centre being RUINED by the PAINT is a massive exaggeration, it's totally fine and helps with social distancing by keeping people to the left and to the right where appropriate. Some nice outdoor seating areas too.

But I am confused at the lack of progress with the covered area
    That is the point. They have intimated it will be ready for the end of July. just in time for businesses like pubs restaurants and cafes to allow customers inside again. you couldn't make it up!!

As another poster said early in this thread, it is just another excuse to close castle street, which certain members of the council would dearly love to see closed permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That is the point. They have intimated it will be ready for the end of July. just in time for businesses like pubs restaurants and cafes to allow customers inside again. you couldn't make it up!!
    Don't be ridiculous, you could quite could easily make it up and if from most of your other posts I have 100% faith that you specifically have the imagination to make it up. If you think that idea is wild you should read a book or watch a sci fi movie, they'll blow your mind.

Also it's incredibly obvious that a big part of it is to help those places that, with social distancing, would only be able to hold very few customers in their establishment even once people are allowed back in

I went into town a few days ago. It's dying.

A lot of places not open, most of the places that were open had barely anyone in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

A lot of places not open, most of the places that were open had barely anyone in them.

Didn’t you know BOSS, they’re all waiting for the “GRAND OPENING OF THE BIG TENT”

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

So what do the council do? Do they do everything within their powers to attract people back into the city centre to do their shopping? No, they don’t.

What they do is make access to the city centre by car as difficult as possible, disrupt the bus services and do their damnedest to make the place look unappealing with their myriad of traffic bollards, their poxy wooden huts, their bright yellow paint and their collection of idiots standing around in hi-viz jackets doing sod all.

Wankers.

So what do the council do? Do they do everything within their powers to attract people back into the city centre to do their shopping? No, they don’t.

What they do is make access to the city centre by car as difficult as possible, disrupt the bus services and do their damnedest to make the place look unappealing with their myriad of traffic bollards, their poxy wooden huts, their bright yellow paint and their collection of idiots standing around in hi-viz jackets doing sod all.

Wankers.
    I could bang on about how Wales is being turned into a tumbleweed ghost town by the Assembly - sorry, Senydd, but I won't. But what is the real nail in the coffin of this nation is the complete, total, and utter lack of accountability, criticism, scrutiny, from any section of the Welsh media. The Echo is less than a rag, the national newspaper of Wales cannot ever find anything wrong or questionable about the Assembly's actions and records, and the BBC is run by the Welsh-speaking Taffia..