+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    The stealth closure of castle street is a scandal. I sure I read something about emissions targets ultimately being a driving factor. Never mind the fact that is now even harder to get across the city from west to east.

And on that subject, we’ve only been waiting 30 or so years for them to finish the ring road. We’re overdue another gypsy wedding, about time rover way turned into a car park for a few days.
    Well the east side of cardiff has always been poorly served , not just by road but rail

its staggering that st mellons , splott , roath , llanederyn, llanrhumney etc are not served by train stations

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well the east side of cardiff has always been poorly served , not just by road but rail

its staggering that st mellons , splott , roath , llanederyn, llanrhumney etc are not served by train stations
    There were/are plans for a Ł1 billion intergrated tram/electric train system for Cardiff. There is about as much chance of that getting off the ground with the intellectual pygmies in the shack down the bay, as there is the M4 relief road happening..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Good.

When the North wind doth blow
    And the rain it doth fall
    What use is it going to be
    F UCK ALL

it’s Cardiff, not St Tropez !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When the North wind doth blow
    And the rain it doth fall
    What use is it going to be
    F UCK ALL

it’s Cardiff, not St Tropez !!!!
    If it's dry, people will sit outside, if it rains then there's shelter i suppose. I quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    IF it's dry, people will sit outside, WHEN it rains then there's shelter i suppose. I quite like it.
    What about when it’s frigging freezing cold, I suppose they’ll get the “patio fires” out and pollute the atmosphere

What about when it’s frigging freezing cold, I suppose they’ll get the “patio fires” out and pollute the atmosphere
    People will sit out if it's cold in my opinion, even if it's for a sandwich, quick coffee etc. The biggest problem in cardiff is the wind and horizontal rain, it's never that cold here.

If it's dry, people will sit outside, if it rains then there's shelter i suppose. I quite like it.
    Me too, Bluetit just wants a world full of statues where everybody pays for everything in cash, and convenience for cars is everybody's main priority

Me too, Bluetit just wants a world full of statues where everybody pays for everything in cash, and convenience for cars is everybody's main priority
    Yeah, he's stuck in 1974 a bit, plenty on here are. How many buses go down that road anyway? It's right in the City Centre, so most people would have to jump on another bus to get across to the west of the City. Bunch on whinging old gits....

Looks lovely but the sideways rain that we get in Cardiff will render those beach umbrellas useless, I expected marquee type covering. What is your food and drink going to look like when the waiters eventually make it to your table? The street will be full of blowing in the wind serviettes and receipts. Had high hopes that it was going to be an undercover situation with the chance of drawing back the covers if we did have some nice weather, they’ve had loads of time to sort it properly instead they nipped up B & Q last night, very disappointing.

Rob Browne says “The marquees are being set up”, from that photo they certainly aren’t marquees, they’re big beach parasols, in my opinion a marquee is a big frigging tent.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Looks lovely but the sideways rain that we get in Cardiff will render those beach umbrellas useless, I expected marquee type covering. What is your food and drink going to look like when the waiters eventually make it to your table? The street will be full of blowing in the wind serviettes and receipts. Had high hopes that it was going to be an undercover situation with the chance of drawing back the covers if we did have some nice weather, they’ve had loads of time to sort it properly instead they nipped up B & Q last night, very disappointing.
    I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it works out. I'm all for reducing traffic in the City Centre. We've also got a big **** off castle that isn't utilised enough in terms of tourism and bringing money into the City.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it works out. I'm all for reducing traffic in the City Centre. We've also got a big **** off castle that isn't utilised enough in terms of tourism and bringing money into the City.

Don’t you think though that for the time it’s been shut something a bit more weatherproof could have been erected, I was looking forward to it being a place where you could spend a few hours comfortably warm and dry. Then, if a success, the experiment could have carried on into the Autumn & Winter, as it is even a July day like today wouldn’t be inviting. Speculate to accumulate, they should have spent a few bob more, it would have been worth it. Imagine Christmas time with that 10000 ft tree they spent a fortune on the other year towering over it........turned out it was about six feet six

I don't disagree with this, I thought myself that it was going to be more covered than it is. But it's not even August and we usually get a decent September so hopefully they'll be useful for the next couple of months. Happy to hope for the best rather than have a meltdown about it anyway (not that you are)

I don't disagree with this, I thought myself that it was going to be more covered than it is. But it's not even August and we usually get a decent September so hopefully they'll be useful for the next couple of months. Happy to hope for the best rather than have a meltdown about it anyway (not that you are)
    Should have been put up in he castle grounds, there's plenty of room, and at least the walls would give some protection from the wind. Plus the traffic could have used Castle St as normal

Looks lovely but the sideways rain that we get in Cardiff will render those beach umbrellas useless, I expected marquee type covering. What is your FOOD and drink going to look like when the waiters eventually make it to your table? The street will be full of blowing in the wind serviettes and receipts. Had high hopes that it was going to be an undercover situation with the chance of drawing back the covers if we did have some nice weather, they’ve had loads of time to sort it properly instead they nipped up B & Q last night, very disappointing.
    It won’t reach you, the seagulls will have it

It won’t reach you, the seagulls will have it
    Oh Jesus, forgot about them, like us, none of them will be flying off to sunnier climes, they’ll be looking forward to the grand opening. Might be difficult to get a table at first, the flying rats will have booked them all already. Come on CCC, cover the lot, go for it completely not this half hearted effort that’s no doubt cost an arm and a leg.

Brilliant stuff, some massive umbrellas and very cleverly positioned. As soon as it starts pissing down, the diners can quickly nip across to Mountain Warehouse for some waterproofs. Up to 70% off in the sale at the moment. Credit to them, they're always thinking, those ***** from the council. I'm glad my ever-increasing council tax is being so wisely spent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Brilliant stuff, some massive umbrellas and very cleverly positioned. As soon as it starts pissing down, the diners can quickly nip across to Mountain Warehouse for some waterproofs. Up to 70% off in the sale at the moment. Credit to them, they're always thinking, those ***** from the council. I'm glad my ever-increasing council tax is being so wisely spent.
    They should knock the Castle down and widen the road, more buses more regular

at least you've got something new to look at when you walk to work

at least you've got something new to look at when you walk to work
    I don't walk past Castle Street. I thought you'd know that.

I don't walk past Castle Street. I thought you'd know that.
    Me too