+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Looks lovely but the sideways rain that we get in Cardiff will render those beach umbrellas useless, I expected marquee type covering. What is your food and drink going to look like when the waiters eventually make it to your table? The street will be full of blowing in the wind serviettes and receipts. Had high hopes that it was going to be an undercover situation with the chance of drawing back the covers if we did have some nice weather, they’ve had loads of time to sort it properly instead they nipped up B & Q last night, very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Me too, Bluetit just wants a world full of statues where everybody pays for everything in cash, and convenience for cars is everybody's main priority
    Yeah, he's stuck in 1974 a bit, plenty on here are. How many buses go down that road anyway? It's right in the City Centre, so most people would have to jump on another bus to get across to the west of the City. Bunch on whinging old gits....

Rob Browne says “The marquees are being set up”, from that photo they certainly aren’t marquees, they’re big beach parasols, in my opinion a marquee is a big frigging tent.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Looks lovely but the sideways rain that we get in Cardiff will render those beach umbrellas useless, I expected marquee type covering. What is your food and drink going to look like when the waiters eventually make it to your table? The street will be full of blowing in the wind serviettes and receipts. Had high hopes that it was going to be an undercover situation with the chance of drawing back the covers if we did have some nice weather, they’ve had loads of time to sort it properly instead they nipped up B & Q last night, very disappointing.
    I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it works out. I'm all for reducing traffic in the City Centre. We've also got a big **** off castle that isn't utilised enough in terms of tourism and bringing money into the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, he's stuck in 1974 a bit, plenty on here are. How many buses go down that road anyway? It's right in the City Centre, so most people would have to jump on another bus to get across to the west of the City. Bunch on whinging old gits....
    Ahem! Our City away bus goes from outside the Castle, also in two weeks time the City promotion bus will be dropping the players and Neil Harris off right by there for the speeches etc on the stage set up on the Castle green

Ahem! Our City away bus goes from outside the Castle, also in two weeks time the City promotion bus will be dropping the players and Neil Harris off right by there for the speeches etc on the stage set up on the Castle green
    That's why Bluetit is whinging, he'll also have to walk 30 extra yards to get to the Borough.....

I don't disagree with this, I thought myself that it was going to be more covered than it is. But it's not even August and we usually get a decent September so hopefully they'll be useful for the next couple of months. Happy to hope for the best rather than have a meltdown about it anyway (not that you are)

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it works out. I'm all for reducing traffic in the City Centre. We've also got a big **** off castle that isn't utilised enough in terms of tourism and bringing money into the City.

Don’t you think though that for the time it’s been shut something a bit more weatherproof could have been erected, I was looking forward to it being a place where you could spend a few hours comfortably warm and dry. Then, if a success, the experiment could have carried on into the Autumn & Winter, as it is even a July day like today wouldn’t be inviting. Speculate to accumulate, they should have spent a few bob more, it would have been worth it. Imagine Christmas time with that 10000 ft tree they spent a fortune on the other year towering over it........turned out it was about six feet six

Looks lovely but the sideways rain that we get in Cardiff will render those beach umbrellas useless, I expected marquee type covering. What is your FOOD and drink going to look like when the waiters eventually make it to your table? The street will be full of blowing in the wind serviettes and receipts. Had high hopes that it was going to be an undercover situation with the chance of drawing back the covers if we did have some nice weather, they’ve had loads of time to sort it properly instead they nipped up B & Q last night, very disappointing.
    It won’t reach you, the seagulls will have it

That's why Bluetit is whinging, he'll also have to walk 30 extra yards to get to the Borough.....

Stopped using the Bourough, RUMMER now, if & when I eventually venture out

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It won’t reach you, the seagulls will have it
    Oh Jesus, forgot about them, like us, none of them will be flying off to sunnier climes, they’ll be looking forward to the grand opening. Might be difficult to get a table at first, the flying rats will have booked them all already. Come on CCC, cover the lot, go for it completely not this half hearted effort that’s no doubt cost an arm and a leg.

Brilliant stuff, some massive umbrellas and very cleverly positioned. As soon as it starts pissing down, the diners can quickly nip across to Mountain Warehouse for some waterproofs. Up to 70% off in the sale at the moment. Credit to them, they're always thinking, those ***** from the council. I'm glad my ever-increasing council tax is being so wisely spent.

How many buses go down that road anyway?
    Are you taking the piss? Just about every bus out of Cardiff goes down that road under normal circumstances.

Stopped using the Bourough, RUMMER now, if & when I eventually venture out
    Good choice, The Borough looks a bit rough for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you taking the piss? Just about every bus out of Cardiff goes down that road under normal circumstances.
    Does it? I thought that the Bus station being long gone has taken away the traditional routes. How difficult is it to get off just before the castle and make a connection to wherever you need to go? Is it that difficult and costly time wise?

Brilliant stuff, some massive umbrellas and very cleverly positioned. As soon as it starts pissing down, the diners can quickly nip across to Mountain Warehouse for some waterproofs. Up to 70% off in the sale at the moment. Credit to them, they're always thinking, those ***** from the council. I'm glad my ever-increasing council tax is being so wisely spent.
    They should knock the Castle down and widen the road, more buses more regular

at least you've got something new to look at when you walk to work

Don’t you think though that for the time it’s been shut something a bit more weatherproof could have been erected, I was looking forward to it being a place where you could spend a few hours comfortably warm and dry. Then, if a success, the experiment could have carried on into the Autumn & Winter, as it is even a July day like today wouldn’t be inviting. Speculate to accumulate, they should have spent a few bob more, it would have been worth it. Imagine Christmas time with that 10000 ft tree they spent a fortune on the other year towering over it........turned out it was about six feet six
    A bit more weatherproof would be like a building-we have plenty of them.

True, on a match day it’s going to be a bit of a hike from the Kingsway area to Wood St to get the football bus, it’s caused problems, no doubt about it.

Get your compass and maps out Tom, as you’re a bit away from THE CENTRE of Cardiff
    Out of interest, where in your opinion is the centre of Cardiff?

Tuerto let's just face it, it's just going to be you and me under those brollies sipping our delicious lagers and eating our delicious local meals. I'm ok with that.

True, on a match day it’s going to be a bit of a hike from the Kingsway area to Wood St to get the football bus, it’s caused problems, no doubt about it.
    300 yards.... i suppose that's an extra pint for some

Tuerto let's just face it, it's just going to be you and me under those brollies sipping our delicious lagers and eating our delicious local meals. I'm ok with that.
    Same, old ****ers don't like change, i bet they can't wait for the bad weather, put a smile on their faces

Does it? I thought that the Bus station being long gone has taken away the traditional routes. How difficult is it to get off just before the castle and make a connection to wherever you need to go? Is it that difficult and costly time wise?
    Currently, most of the buses are arriving at and departing from Greyfriars Road. No signs up telling you which bus goes from which stop, nothing on the electronic tickers on the stops themselves, buses leaving from both sides of the road in different directions, but nobody seems sure of what's what.

I'm OK, I know where my usual bus goes from and what time it's supposed to go, but I've seen plenty of people missing their buses in recent weeks - mainly pensioners who are trying to get back to places outside Cardiff such as Newport, Caerphilly and Merthyr. All good fun though, eh? Bollocks to the public, it's all those restaurants and cafes on Castle Street that count.

Personally, I'm looking forward to my first meal from Forbidden Plant. I'm also hoping the rugby shop is going to start selling big, meaty burgers and the Wales souvenir shop is going to start serving leek pie and Welsh cakes.