+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assassinations.

Assassinations.

Been reading up a bit on Martin Luther King, and JFK and their untimely murders.
    Got to thinking that with so many nutters and extremists in the world, and the easy availability for powerful guns/ rifles. its surprising that there haven't been many more attempts on world leaders, Royalty, Celebrities etc.
    Not that i’m advocating it 😁
    With all the security in the world, it must be almost impossible to prevent it.

Re: Assassinations.

What makes you think JFK or Martin Luther King we’re killed by nutters instead of an orchestrated operation by a trained organisation with an agenda?

Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    What makes you think JFK or Martin Luther King we’re killed by nutters instead of an orchestrated operation by a trained organisation with an agenda?

Just asking.
    They probably were. Im just surprised its not happened more often.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I reckon that it's all the security in the world, in its many guises, that does prevent it.

Tony Blair has armed security

Mind you after what he did regarding the invasion of Iraq, it's hardly a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Mind you after what he did regarding the invasion of Iraq, it's hardly a surprise
    I bet it costs a fortune too

I wonder if Jeremy Corbyn did after he was voted leader? He was always keen on using his bike and being normal with his public travel arrangements. He upset a lot of right wingers. I wonder if his security was raised?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hes got the money to pay for it

Remember when he and that shocking wife of his bought a flat in exclusive clifton in bristol for his son to spend his years at university and she cried fake tears when it all came out ?

International

All PM's have armed security. Got to have.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    All PM's have armed security. Got to have.
    Even Iain Duncan Smith and John Major ?

If Iain Duncan Smith was ever elected Prime Minister I would have probably taken out a a contract myself

IDS wasn't a prime minister

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If Iain Duncan Smith was ever elected Prime Minister I would have probably taken out a a contract myself
    Get in line

Thatcher had security as well right up until she died I think

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thatcher had security as well right up until she died I think
    There was a brilliant series on BBC 2 recently .The Thatcher years .

I had softened my view on her in recent times , but watching this re kindled my dislike of her .

She did sort the country out, and it had to be sorted out, did it have to be done so ruthlessly ?

Remember when he and that shocking wife of his bought a flat in exclusive clifton in bristol for his son to spend his years at university and she cried fake tears when it all came out ?

Ain’t us mugs paying for it ???

They probably were. Im just surprised its not happened more often.
    In the US case I think security foils most attempts through operations before they can get acted upon.

I remember Reagan being the recipient of a shooting though(?)

As for the UK, I’d have to say security services failed Thatcher & co spectacularly when the IRA managed to plant a bomb in the Grand Hotel in Brighton.

He bought two, the one next door also. I was living there at the time and frequently walked past the block not far off park street.

Lennon’s the one that always interests me, when the CIA want to silence you they tend to find a way to do it.

Lennon’s the one that always interests me, when the CIA want to silence you they tend to find a way to do it.
    As the brilliant OCS once sang “Theres no profit in peace”

Been reading up a bit on Martin Luther King, and JFK and their untimely murders.
    Got to thinking that with so many nutters and extremists in the world, and the easy availability for powerful guns/ rifles. its surprising that there haven't been many more attempts on world leaders, Royalty, Celebrities etc.
    Not that i’m advocating it ��
    The assassinations of both JFK and MLK as well as JFK's brother Robert Kennedy were killed by organisations, not by lone nutters. There is plenty to read and view (some great stuff on YouTube) on all three murders

All three should have been launched off Clifton Suspension Bridge into the dark swirling waters of the river Avon below

The CIA were up to their neck in the brown sticky stuff in both Kennedy murders and possibly MLK's as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they had programmed Mark Chapman to shoot Lennon, in a similar way to the one where they programmed Sirhan Sirhan to murder Robert Kennedy. There's plenty of stuff out there with regard to them being complicit in the death of Bob Marley too. Anyone of important stature that was seen as being capable, in their eyes, of stirring up mass hatred or dislike of the USA was a potential target. Marley had a great dislike for the CIA and their underhand involvement in Jamaican politics.

Banned

There is no way on earth that Lennon was killed by the CIA. He had been largely silent for the years leading up to his death. Ono was, by association, just as "vocal". It's an interesting conspiracy theory, but that is all it is. A conspiracy theory.

Actually, it wasn't even that interesting - it's not even mentioned in his biographies.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the FBI had something to with JFK’s death as J Edgar Hoover apparently hated him and it was a possibility that JFK was going to get rid of him. I’m not so sure about Bob Marley, as skin cancer caused his early death.